Business Man Stuck Inside His Sports Car At Central Mall for three hours

Rimmer

Business Man Stuck For Over 3 Hrs In His Sports Car

b21.jpg

PATTAYA:--A young business man was helped after he was stuck inside his Mercedes-Benz sports car at the parking lot of the Central Festival mall.

October 18, 2013 [PDN]; Sawangboriboon Foundation rescuers were informed that a man has been stuck inside his sports car for over 3 hours and needed immediate help.

As soon as rescuers arrived at the scene, they asked the man’s girlfriend in order to get an idea on what was happening. She stated that she had unknowingly left the car keys in the trunk, which activated the automatic locking system of the car,

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/19/business-man-stuck-for-over-3-hrs-in-his-sports-car/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-10-20

Breaking the window woulda been cheaper.

Probably got bullet-proof glass.

I would have got my Black & Decker skillsaw and made it into a convertible for him.

Actually, I suspect the reason they had to get into the boot to get the key was because the finance company in BKK has the spare key as collateral.

What an idiot.

I think that is a bit unfair. I think many of us have locked ourselves out at some time in our life. I once lost my keys on a beach in England luckily they were found and handed in to the police. Was I an idiot? I don't think so these thing happen.

Try to read the op again! Only this time very s l o w l y ! He was locked in the car!whistling.gif

If you are an idiot or not, I will let others be the judge.coffee1.gif

Sems to me that if anyone is the idiot ,then it's the girlfriend .Anyway , 3 hrs is a long time...... or maybe they are the only couple in the country not in possession of mobile phones.

Expect to see this enacted in a thai soap opera in the near future.

Something is wrong with this story.

- He could have unlocked the door from the inside to get out. I'm pretty sure someone could have given him some instructions before damaging the car. Couldn't someone have help call a Benz dealer for instructions?

- Don't these new cars come with electronic keys that prevent this sort of thing. It's almost impossible for me to "accidentally" leave my key in the car and "accidentally" lock myself in or out, Nissan March / Honda CR-V / Toyota Camry.

Is there no manual release for the boot inside the car?

Mine (not a Merc) has two - a button in the glove box or pull down the rear centre arm rest, reach in and pull a grab handle.

Mine (also not a Merc) also has a button to open the boot. However, if the electrics are off, the button won't work.... That said - my car will not permit me to lock the keys in the car or the boot.

I reckon the missus walked off with the keys in her handbag and the auto-lock function kicked in while the guy was sat in his car.

What an idiot.

I think that is a bit unfair. I think many of us have locked ourselves out at some time in our life. I once lost my keys on a beach in England luckily they were found and handed in to the police. Was I an idiot? I don't think so these thing happen.

And in any case it wasn't he who locked the keys in the boot...it was his girlfriend.

Just for fun I googled this problem. It seems that when the Merc is locked by the remote, it disables the engine as well as all functionality inside the car to operate virtually everything, including door unlock, trunk release, window winders, sunroof etc.

I suppose the German boffins assume that if somebody brakes into the car they can't do anything, not even unlock the doors.

However, I'd have thought they'd have been clever enough to program it so that if a weight exceeding say 15kg is sensed on any seat (or an infra red sensor to detect an occupant), the car fails to lock when stationery and chirps a few times to let you know it didn't lock.

Sure, a bummer if you have the golf clubs on the back seat, but better than having to break into the trunk to recover the keys. Or worse, you lock your kid in the car then lock the keys in the trunk in 35+ degree sunshine in the middle of Butfark nowhere and no access to a hammer.

It is all speculation, but the following scenario is (Thai) plausible:

Fact: she left the keys in trunk, not him

Fact: after 3 hours Rescue services were called (by who? gf? why wait 3 hours?)

Speculation: maybe the gf needed 3 hours for undisturbed shopping, maybe she takes revenge for something completely else, maybe she is not so smart (as she has proven already), maybe a cocktail of the above plus more...

Anyway, these guys have plenty of money and more than enough (other) toys. Loss of face is involved, for sure!

...and now it is in the paper and TV, so how much loss of face now?..... whistling.gif

Did anyone consider disconnecting the battery ? I think that there is a safety measure build in that when you lose battery power, the locks are automatically deactivated.

Unlikely.

All a theif has to do is pop the hood and disconnect the battery and all doors open?

What an idiot.

That's unfair......his GF was the person who was unfortunate in locking the keys in the boot......

He's got a Mercedes on a red plate......good luck to him......he probably has worked hard to get it