My Kitchen Pao

UncleJ

Hmm... did they do something to you, bangkokstick? Didn't hear any complaints about the food or any negative comments about the way that they treated their customers.

If you are simply moaning about their opening hours, you are taking your bitterness a little too far.

There is no contract being them and any one of us. We are not compelled to eat there every day and they are not compelled to open every day.

I think it's a shame that they couldn't attract more customers. Does that mean that they should just sit around day after day hoping that you will turn up??

Perhaps they are working on other schemes in order to make a living and just open when they can afford to do so.

Good luck to them and I'll happily eat there if they are open.

Hmm... did they do something to you, bangkokstick? Didn't hear any complaints about the food or any negative comments about the way that they treated their customers.

If you are simply moaning about their opening hours, you are taking your bitterness a little too far.

There is no contract being them and any one of us. We are not compelled to eat there every day and they are not compelled to open every day.

I think it's a shame that they couldn't attract more customers. Does that mean that they should just sit around day after day hoping that you will turn up??

Perhaps they are working on other schemes in order to make a living and just open when they can afford to do so.

You are missing the point. Why couldn't they have set up a website from the very beginning with some sort of timetable so that customers can be informed well in advance when they intend to open and when they will be closed?

The way they just sporadically open and close to suit themselves shows no consideration for the customer who has made the effort and the journey to then find its closed. I found myself in this position on more than one occasion, which is why I stopped going there.

Don't be silly. You can't run a business like that. Are you the owner?

They are apparently closed at least this week (shut at 9 PM Thursday night).

Even when open they are closed Monday and rarely open as early as 6 PM so showing up at 6 PM wouldn't really prove anything if closed.

I hope they will be opening again. We'll see.

All I can say for those missing their food (including me) is you can get food that is somewhat similar at:

SHANGHAI RESTAURANT

3rd road (west side)

a bit south of the Pattaya North road intersection

Open for lunch and dinner

Edited by Jingthing

Are you American? Who are you to say how they should run their business?

Like the man said, he doesn't tell you how you should treat your girlfriend....

• Like 1

You are missing the point. Why couldn't they have set up a website from the very beginning with some sort of timetable so that customers can be informed well in advance when they intend to open and when they will be closed?

The way they just sporadically open and close to suit themselves shows no consideration for the customer who has made the effort and the journey to then find its closed. I found myself in this position on more than one occasion, which is why I stopped going there.

I'm not missing any point. In fact they used to post here when they would be open, but perhaps they got fed up of all of the whining...

Ever heard of a hobby business?

I agree it's the right of a person doing business to operate however they like as long as legal. No, we don't have to like it.

I do understand very well people being annoyed at showing up there hungry and expectant and finding it closed.

Edited by Jingthing

Are you American? Who are you to say how they should run their business?

Like the man said, he doesn't tell you how you should treat your girlfriend....

"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."
Hal Rosenbluth, Rosenbluth Internationalthumbsup.gif

The only problem with that theory is that Pao when it was open offered certain food experiences offered nowhere else in town. Sure you could spend your money elsewhere, but you wouldn't get what they sold. So if you boycott them when they are open, if you like what they sell, who are you hurting more? coffee1.gif

It's not a choice between two MK locations and you dislike one for some reason.

Edited by Jingthing

The only problem with that theory is that Pao when it was open offered certain food experiences offered nowhere else in town. Sure you could spend your money elsewhere, but you wouldn't get what they sold. So if you boycott them when they are open, if you like what they sell, who are you hurting more? coffee1.gif

It's not a choice between two MK locations and you dislike one for some reason.

I don't care how good the food is if the price you have to pay to possibly be able to eat there is the high probability that it will be closed That price is far too high for me. I don't know about you, but I've got better things to do than make wasted journeys to that place.

And your expression in an earlier post that it is a “ hobby business “ is an oxymoron because if you are not making money, you do not have a business.smile.png

I ate there a couple of times and they were very nice people.

I also missed them quite a few times. I was disappointed...... amazingly I found another place to eat.

The food speaks for itself...no, actually the whiners speak for the food at this place. Upset they can't get at it on the rare day they choose to grace the restaurant with their presence.

Boycotting them is a little over dramatic. If you need a cause, the baby seals are still getting clubbed...

Edited by UncleJ
  • Like 1

I ate there a couple of times and they were very nice people.

I also missed them quite a few times. I was disappointed...... amazingly I found another place to eat.

The food speaks for itself...no, actually the whiners speak for the food at this place. Upset they can't get at it on the rare day they choose to grace the restaurant with their presence.

Boycotting them is a little over dramatic. If you need a cause, the baby seals are still getting clubbed...

" Upset they can't get at it on the rare day they choose to grace the restaurant with their presence. "

ermmm.......... the same can actually be said about the proprietors ermm.gif

And in an earlier similar thread to this somebody commented they had expressed an interest in selling the business as a going concern, which is a little hard to achieve under the circumstances, don't you think?giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel