document validation, UK Visa Application

It has been a long time since I made a tourist visa application and was wondering whether requirements regarding supplied documents have changed/relaxed.

My question is whether scanned originals can be supplied when putting together an application. Other than supplying original passport, Thai ID card when applying, are scanned documents such as payslips, bank statements, official letters acceptable?

It's been a while since I got a Thai tourist visa as well, but when I did (2011), the only documents I needed were my passport, and the application form.

Why would I need anyone's Thai ID card, or copies of my bank statements?

When I'm applying for a tourist visa, I'm a tourist.

I'm going on holiday.

For a UK application all documents should be originals or certified copies.

Bank statements and similar must be original documents or if scanned copies, photocopies, computer print outs etc. must be certified as correct by the bank.

If you want the originals back you should submit copies as well.

Documents not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation.

You may find UK Visit Visa Basics helpful.

I have recently sponsored my mother in laws family visit visa and I printed of bank statements from my online bank account, scanned them and emailed them to her, which she then submitted, there was not any problem with them being accepted the it was the same when we done my wife's settlement visa I just printed off bank statements and submitted them and again never had any problems.

Hope it is of some help to you.

For a UK application all documents should be originals or certified copies.

Bank statements and similar must be original documents or if scanned copies, photocopies, computer print outs etc. must be certified as correct by the bank.

I bank online with HSBC and they cause me an issue every time as my branch says "we no longer certify Internet printouts as being genuine copies", so I have to get them to print it out as their logo is printed on the paper they use (which is visibly and obviously different from my inkjet printing it). If you're in the UK and can wait a month, you can change the date that the next statement will be generated and request paper copies of it and previous statements, but mine took 2-3 weeks to come when I wanted them for my GF's tourist visa application.

I wish it was easy to ask the visa processing centre for a definitive answer on whether or not uncertified Internet statements are acceptable or not as I'm in the same position again now we're doing the spouse visa application.

Whether you wait for originals, get the bank to print them or simply print your own and hope, good luck...

Edited by GarryUK