double entry tourist visa refused at Vientiane- Red Stamp

I would first ask them to call Bangkok and if they do not wish to do so I would make the call myself and explain what is happening. If you open account in Bangkok transactions done locally will have an extra charge imposed and this should not happen.

• 2 months later...

Some people still don't know that it's possible to get a bank book and bank account at any bank with a tourist visa by just visiting another branch ? Seems like this forum does not exist sometimes !

And about the tourist visa in vientiane they still give a double entry if you show a bank book with enough money to feed a complete Esaan village :-)

I'm in chiang mai.

An ED visa where I can leave thailand for a few days, at any time, would be a big help

Maybe because I am over 50 they wonder why I dont have a retirement visa

--------------------------------

Exactly.

Why don't you have a retirement extension (not a visa, an extension of your visa based on retirement in Thailand)?

Everybody calls them retirement visas, but they are not visas.

If you can meet the financial requirements (I'm assuming you can) then a retirement "visa" would be the best solution.

If you meet the requirements you can get one in Thailand. Don't need to leave the country.

You will need to do 90 day reporting, it can be done by mail if that's more convenient for you.

You will need to renew it every annually, same financial requirements every year.

I got my original visa in October 2010, and have extended it annually.

Now good to stay until October 2014.

Easy to do if you meet the financial requirements.

Not a "perfect" solution, but the best and easiest solution you will get to stay in Thailand if you're over 50 years old.

If you need or want to leave Thailand during that extension, get a exit re-entry permit .... 1000 Baht for a single permit, 3800 Baht for a multi entry permit good for the period of your retirement visa.

(As another poster said, immigration believes you are probably actually working in Thailand .... without a work permit)

Edited by IMA_FARANG