Towing of illegally parked vehicles commences in Bangkok

webfact

Towing of illegally parked vehicles commences in Bangkok

PNSOC561021001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 October 2013 (NNT) - Thai National Police chief Police General Adul Saengsingkaew has officially announced the implementation of the towing of illegally parked vehicles in 10 area of Bangkok.

The 10 areas are as follows:

1. Laoprao Road: from the Ladprao intersection to the Happy Land intersection;
2. Rama 4 Road: from the Hualomphong intersection to the Rama 4 intersection;
3. Sukumvit, Ploenchit and Rama 1 road: from the Bangna intersection to the Phongpraram intersection;
4. Ratchadapisek, Asoke-Dindaeng, Asoke-Montri: from the Prachanukul intersection to the Ratchada Rama 4 intersection;
5. Ramkhamhaeng, Rama 9, Jaturatid Raod: from the Klong Jek to Ramkhamhaeng intersections to Jaturatid Road;
6. Phaholyothin and Kaset Nawamin: from Victory Monument to the Saphan Mai and Kasetsart intersections to the Nawamin intersection;
7. All of North Sathorn and South Sathorn Roads;
8. Ratchadamnoen, Pinklao bridge, Borommaratchachonnani and the Elevated Parallel Road: from the Royal Plaza (Equestrian Plaza) to the Phan Phiphop intersection to the outer strips of Bangkok;
9. Petchburi and New Petchburi Road: from the Urupong intersection to the Klongton intersection, and
10. On the entire Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.

Fines for illegally parked vehicles are as follows:

1. Each vehicle shall be fined 500 baht.
2. All 4-wheel vehicles will be required to pay 500 baht each for towing fee and 200 baht each day for maintenance fee;
3. All 6-wheel vehicles will each have to pay a 700-baht towing fee and a 300-baht/day maintenance fee, and
4. Vehicles with 10 wheels and up: 1,000 baht towing fee and 500 baht/day maintenance fee.

Drivers can contact local police stations to retrieve their towed-away vehicles and pay the incurred fines.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-21 footer_n.gif

Re--#1

So a 2 wheel drive car does not get charged a " maintenance fee " " but a 4 X4 DOES --they can be about the same size ??

and is the other 500B "towing fee" on top of the basic 500b fine---??

Edited by Bucko

Re--#1

So a 2 wheel drive car does not get charged a " maintenance fee " " but a 4 X4 DOES --they can be about the same size ??

What was posted indicates the fines are based on the number of wheels, not how many wheels are powered.

I do wish they would enforce the law in all areas of Bangkok as opposed to only in select regions but I suppose enforcing it at all is an improvement.

Thanks CPT---I missed that bit--neus.gif

I am too used to 2&4 wheel drive talk among the local "petrolheads"

Why is half the police force of Bangkok watching the towing of this specific wehicl ? I guess they have more important work to do.

The top brass were probably reminded by their assistants that the vehicle towing was scheduled to start - Photo Op !

post-9891-0-42921400-1382341626_thumb.jp

Looking at this photo, would it be too much to assume that the owner is nearby.

If the car has an automatic transmission, is it enough if the shift is in the "neutral N " position, or is it proper to tow the car with the rear wheels raised?

So let me ask some stupid questions here. One, does this just apply in these areas? Two, is parking on the sidewalk considered to be illegally parked? I live off Sukhumvit and people park their cars everywhere! Hell in Soi 38 near all of the food stands people are double and triple parked. They'll stop anywhere. Why aren't these areas being enforced?

Let's make the fine a percentage of the new price of the cars, something like 0.5% only for the first offense, 1% for the next and so on. More realistic....

Also, please give priority to BMW's, Mercedes, and other expensive cars to be towed away.

This method is fairer than the proposed method; more money for BIB is coming in; rich people pay more than not-so-rich people (side note: how come you have a car in BKK when you are not-so-rich?!?!?)

This is a Win-Win-Win solution thumbsup.gif

If you manage to get back to the car before its actually moving would 300Baht be enough to get the car dropped again and be on your way with everyone happy, win win situation for all concerned.

Edited by metisdead
Font

Re--#1

What was posted indicates the fines are based on the number of wheels, not how many wheels are powered.

This did make me think though.... If they use that tow truck without a dolly on a 4-wheel drive car or truck, it's gonna screw it up good and proper.

But I'm sure the BiB know this and will take the proper measures. whistling.gif

Bring it on in Chiang Mai ASAP.

I would love to see them do this in CNX but at least Double the Fines and charges to help get the message across to the drivers/riders who seem to think that Rules apply to everyone.....except them!

• Like 1

15 vehicles towed on first day of traffic, parking crackdown

BANGKOK: -- As many as 15 vehicles were towed away Monday as part of a crackdown on illegal parking and traffic violations, announced Metropolitan Police deputy chief Pol Maj-General Adul Narongsak.

The measure, which was implemented Monday, covers 10 Bangkok routes during rush hour - 6am to 9am and 3pm to 6pm - and replaces the previous wheel-lock practice. The measure will expand to all Bangkok roads from November 1 onwards, he said.

City officials will place clear "no parking" signs and paint prohibited areas in red and white to prevent arguments between motorists and police officers, he added.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-21