Strange Farang and a Macaw

hanno

Just out of curiosity:

I was in Pattaya last week when I saw an elderly gentlemen (crazy-looking to be honest) riding a motorbike with a big Macaw on the back.

I first noticed him as I was walking from the Dusit Thani towards beach road. As I was passing the big roundabout outside the Dusit, I heard someone hurling abuse at the other motorist for coming towards him. The problem with the this scenario was that he was actually going around the roundabout the wrong way (he will probably be on TV complaining about the poor driving in Thailandbiggrin.png).

Just the village idiot? Or something more to his story?

1. He isnt crazy looking,seems a normal elderly gent who has a trained feathered bird.Why pick on him,u seem to want to write stupid posts for a reaction
  2. delete this thread please

Nothing like that. That he has a Macaw does not bother me, I was just intrigued. And going around a roundabout the wrong way, screaming at everybody else, is strange (and dangerous) behavior where I come from. I believe he is a nice guy as everybody says so, but he needs to control his road rage (and maybe learn the traffic rules, he is endangering that beautiful Macaw).

Do you ask for posts to be deleted when they are slagging off all Thailand and Thais? Didn't think so.

• Like 2

1. He isnt crazy looking,seems a normal elderly gent who has a trained feathered bird.Why pick on him,u seem to want to write stupid posts for a reaction
  2. delete this thread please

Nothing like that. That he has a Macaw does not bother me, I was just intrigued. And going around a roundabout the wrong way, screaming at everybody else, is strange (and dangerous) behavior where I come from. I believe he is a nice guy as everybody says so, but he needs to control his road rage (and maybe learn the traffic rules, he is endangering that beautiful Macaw).

Do you ask for posts to be deleted when they are slagging off all Thailand and Thais? Didn't think so.

Wish they would delte threads slagging off Thailand and ALL thais,as u said.I only said delete because all posts have said he is a nice guy,so your validity of strange farang is invalid now.If the post had said, anyone seen the farang,with bird,who doesnt know the roundabout at naklua would have been much better lol lol

...all posts have said he is a nice guy,so your validity of strange farang is invalid now...

Not really invalid at all... A bloke driving the wrong way round a roundabout with a bloody Macaw on the back IS strange, eccentric maybe..

Why so sensitive.. do you own a Macaw by any chance..??

totster biggrin.png

Looks like "Hanno" has been given the bird

I saw the guy and the bird in "Tops supermarket" a couple of weeks ago.....

I didn't get upset when he came towards me the wrong way down the aisle......

or

Maybe it was me going the wrong way

But I sure didn't want to get on the wrong side of the "parrot" with that beak......

Good story though .....for a Monday

Edited by DD13

...all posts have said he is a nice guy,so your validity of strange farang is invalid now...

Not really invalid at all... A bloke driving the wrong way round a roundabout with a bloody Macaw on the back IS strange, eccentric maybe..

Why so sensitive.. do you own a Macaw by any chance..??

totster biggrin.png

he said a bit crazy looking.

Eccentric is about right,and he made a mistake on the road,we are all capable of that in our lifetime.Is the roundabout open now???

or

But I sure didn't want to get on the wrong side of the "parrot" with that beak......

Was he crazy looking too

.. going around a roundabout the wrong way, screaming at everybody else, is strange (and dangerous) behavior where I come from. .

But look at the upside! You get to go back to your village and tell everybody how you went to Pattaya, and saw a man with a bird, breaking traffic rules. Locals at your village will be amazed, and Pattaya will forever be etched in their minds as a place so satanic, even birds break traffic rules there.

.. going around a roundabout the wrong way, screaming at everybody else, is strange (and dangerous) behavior where I come from. .

But look at the upside! You get to go back to your village and tell everybody how you went to Pattaya, and saw a man with a bird, breaking traffic rules. Locals at your village will be amazed, and Pattaya will forever be etched in their minds as a place so satanic, even birds break traffic rules there.

Must have been the bird,giving him wrong directions,then he went crazy looking,but, unfortunately was seen by a tourist heheheheheh.Must be a pattaya news headline

Ah well, I can just imagine the outrage here if a Thai had done that.

Moderators, please close this thread. Thank you.

Yes foreigners seem to think foreigners are better. Going the wrong way on roundabout is just dangerous and idiotic. All those foreigners complaining about Thais standing up for each-other doing the same here too. Why not judge someone on his actions.

• Like 1

or

Was he crazy looking too

To be honest I didn't notice......I was watching that "Beak"