Ice Skating

Microwave

Looks like the new Central Dept. Store by the Arcade bus station will have an ice skating rink as I know the man who's installing it. I don't know if such a venue will do well here, but it will be something new and different for CM and perhaps draw curious onlookers to the new Central. Time will tell if has staying power or not.

So all of a sudden Chiang Mai will have two ice skating rinks.

I thought the Thia's always waited to see if one was successful before they built a dozen of them. Pretty soon the Maya will have one then the airport and that other supposedly really big mall that is going to take all the Promenada business away because it is in there area.

I thought the Thia's always waited to see if one was successful before they built a dozen of them. Pretty soon the Maya will have one then the airport and that other supposedly really big mall that is going to take all the Promenada business away because it is in there area.

Where is the other one? There used to be one at KSK but it's been closed for years.

Where is the other one? There used to be one at KSK but it's been closed for years.

Posts 1& 2

Posts 1& 2

Sorry, i'm confused, HD said 2 skating rinks, one at the new central festival, where is the other one?

Promenada

It was announced two or three years ago when they first proposed the Promenada Mall.

Not sure where they are with it yet. But as I said monkey see monkey do. Let us see where it ends.

Edited by hellodolly

With high-end hockey equipment made in China (and well made, I might add), this is the time to open up a pro shop. sell good skates for up to $900; yes, they exist. hockey sticks (carbon) for $250; yes, they exist, and then start ice hockey league games (non-check) at $500 per 20 games. I will show up everyday with all my equipment on.......oh wait, didn't bring my stuff to CM. I knew I should have brought my hockey stuff!!! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If you click the www.flyingfarangs.com link in the previous article (or the link I just provided), you'll see that there's an ice hockey tournament scheduled for next week in Bangkok. Scroll down a bit and the flying farangs even managed to get Stevie to pose with them in a photo. How 'bout that! tongue.png