Thaksin's son Panthongtae slams Democrats in Facebook posting

webfact

Thailand isn't poor, not even close.

And please check which are the richest families/clans here. They've been raping and pillaging the country a lot longer than the Shinawatras, yet posters here are so obsessed with Thaksin you'd think they didn't exist.

The Shinawatras have been raping and pillaging the people for several generations. Thaksin just moved up from raping and pillaging Chiang Mai to raping and pillaging the country.

Oh, really. So just how many generations have been "raping and pillaging the people"?

Was it the 1st Generation that was in the cattlebusiness? Or the 2nd Generation who moved over to the Silk business in the 30's and changed their family name to Shinawatra. Or was it Lert from the 3rd generation who diversified into orchards, theatre and petrol stations and then become an MP in Chiang Mai. Or was it the 4th Generation, when the evil one known as Thaksin arose?

You must have the details of all this "raping and pillaging" that was going on, surely, why not share?

Why not do your own research?

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does reading the Thaksin owned, Red newspapers make YOU informed?

Just another political hit piece from The Nation. The FOX News of Thailand
The mouthpiece for the Democrats, Army Generals and the "invisible hand."
The minority.
I'm astounded at the comments above.
People read The Nation and think they are informed?

His father lost all his wealth and had to start from next to nothing, which makes this dynastic rise even more fascinating and compelling.

Does "raping and pillaging" mean having a successful businesses such as 'Shinawatra Silk'?

Or do you have evidence that scholars such as Pasuk and Baker have missed when researching the Shinawatra clan history that points to pre-Thaksin era corruption in the family businesses?

Thaksin's family made their fortune through tax farming.

Tax Farming

a system for collecting taxes and other state revenues from the population. Under this system, the state transfers the right of collection to private individuals called tax farmers in exchange for a certain fee. Tax farmers accumulated great wealth since the taxes and charges they collected exceeded by two or three times the amount deposited in the treasury.

That sounds like raping and pillaging.

THEN they started their silk business.

Thaksin's father was a politician, with the family being one the richest in Chiang Mai when Thaksin was born. Thaksin then married into another rich Chiang Mai family.

Pasuk and Baker had this to say about Thaksin:

While in reality Thaksin was born with a whole set of silver spoons in his mouth, the story presents him as a poor lad from the backwoods who makes good by hard work and entrepreneurial daring.

After losing a lot of money on several business ventures, Thaksin made money on a computer deal with the police (which he also happened to be), and then made his fortune with a monopoly telecom deal given to him by one of his mates.

The family may not have been corrupt (although being rich in Thailand usually goes along with corruption), but Thaksin has certainly made up for it.

Rather than relying on Wikipedia you should look a bit further afield for instance

Thaksin: The business of Politics in Thailand by Pasuk Phongphaichit and Chris Baker

You would have found that Seng sae Khu Thaksins Great Grand Father came to Thailand in the 1860's aged 10 - 12. Nothing is known of his early life but by 1890 he was a Tax Farmer - the difference being by that time that normal taxes were collected by central collection, the remaining taxes on gambling, opium and liquor being collected by the Tax Farmers.

Doesn't sound much like raping and pillaging to me.

Khun Pathongtae should be referred to as "acorn", as he is clearly far from being a sturdy, mature "oak". He is well out of his depth, and demonstrating this quite admirably, essentially because he refers to what's going on in Thailand as a "political game". If it is a game, then the stakes are incredibly high, since as far as I can see, the worst case scenario may well be civil war.

Acorn fails to recognise that in everything that the PTP does, it clearly exhibits self-serving motives, none more obvious than the underhanded attempt to amend the proposed Amnesty Bill this week as well as the proposed changes to the Constitution. I could go on by referring to the flooding, rice, rubber and infrastructure fiascos, amongst others, but they are already well covered in this forum...! What I am, therefore, suggesting is that it is the PTP that most resembles the one-sided coin that Acorn alludes to...!

Furthermore, whoever said that politics was about winning?

Being in opposition to a government imposes responsibilities on the opposing party to act as a system of checks and balances against the actions of the incumbent party, and indeed, under the present leadership, such responsibilities have gained even greater importance. If the opposition does not take a stand against the dictatorship that is being built by the PTP and the PM in exile, and more specifically, against the unconstitutional changes that are being made to proposed bills by an oversight committee, then who will?

As I noted recently, such oversight committees are there to ensure that bills are passed through the various stages in accordance with accepted processes, as contained within the Constitution; they are not there to make significant changes to the contents of such proposed bills, as was the case in attempting to extend amnesty to all cases in the post-2006 coup period, for one obvious outcome...!! However, the opposition party does not oppose such actions in order to "win", it does so in order to maintain consistency in adherence to the recognised processes contained within the Constitution.

In a ground-breaking presentation to an audience which included US president Barack Obama, Dr. Ben Carson (a potential candidate for the US Presidency himself) pointed out that most politicians in the US are lawyers, whereas in the days when the US Constitution was written most of them were doctors. He noted that doctors have an inherent shared ideal, which is to search for a solution to a problem, whereas lawyers feel that it is important to win at all costs. In following the ways of the US, Thailand has also taken on this "win at all costs" attitude, and this is at its most obvious within the ranks of the PTP.

Someone has to put a stop to the antics of the present government whose sole purpose is to bring back the very person who has been the root cause of the whole meltdown in this country. If Abhisit were out to "win", then he would surely accept the changes to the amnesty bill, essentially because he would also become a major beneficiary of it, but on the contrary, he vehemently opposes it ... because it is WRONG!

I actually see Abhisit more as one of the doctors drafting the US Constitution, a person who would prefer to work hand-in-hand with a viable opposition party, if one were actually to emerge (regardless of whichever of the two were in power). Their primary aim would ideally be to seek solutions to problems, certainly not to "win"....!

Grow up Acorn...!

• Like 2

And please check which are the richest families/clans here. They've been raping and pillaging the country a lot longer than the Shinawatras, yet posters here are so obsessed with Thaksin you'd think they didn't exist.

The Shinawatras have been raping and pillaging the people for several generations. Thaksin just moved up from raping and pillaging Chiang Mai to raping and pillaging the country.

Oh, really. So just how many generations have been "raping and pillaging the people"?

Was it the 1st Generation that was in the cattlebusiness? Or the 2nd Generation who moved over to the Silk business in the 30's and changed their family name to Shinawatra. Or was it Lert from the 3rd generation who diversified into orchards, theatre and petrol stations and then become an MP in Chiang Mai. Or was it the 4th Generation, when the evil one known as Thaksin arose?

You must have the details of all this "raping and pillaging" that was going on, surely, why not share?

The first generation were "tax farmers". See my post above.

See my post #69.

Edited by fab4

The minority.

So from now on we can assume all your comments are based on a balanced assessment of the news from many different sources including both English & Thai language. We are all entitled to opinions, no matter where our information comes from. BTW The Nation was just reporting what was posted on FB, it was not an opinion piece.

The Nation prints nonsence.

Their mission is to promote the opposition. That's not obvious?

There is lots of valuable information that is not able to be published in Thailand.

Can't even mention the sources here.

Is Thaksins side banning the books?

I guess you support book banning and propaganda disguised as news.

Sorry UncleJ, but you really are on a hiding to nothing when the only 'like' you get is from the forum's most "unbiased and balanced" commentator, fab4...!!

The minority.

Send me some links.

I don't think I've seen them.

If it's BS like The Nation it will be obvious.

The first generation were "tax farmers". See my post above.

See my post #69.

So they weren't cattle farmers then?

The minority.

So from now on we can assume all your comments are based on a balanced assessment of the news from many different sources including both English & Thai language. We are all entitled to opinions, no matter where our information comes from. BTW The Nation was just reporting what was posted on FB, it was not an opinion piece.

There is lots of valuable information that is not able to be published in Thailand.

Sorry UncleJ, but you really are on a hiding to nothing when the only 'like' you get is from the forum's most "unbiased and balanced" commentator, fab4...!!

All I'm saying us if you read The Nation and think you are making informed comments here, you are just wrong.

There is a reason the Army and the invisible hand run that paper and ban the good stuff.

I didn't see the truth in everything that led to the confiscation of a good deal of Thaksin's Shin Corp sale. The change in the revenue share agreement negatively impacted TOT but it didn't benefit AIS or SHIN in my view. The 25 percent royalty payment was split up by Thaksin's administration between the TOT and the Ministry of Finance it was not reduced for AIS which still had to pay the same royalty fee after this change. One could argue that less money received by TOT would make it less competitive but TOT had no record of being a valid commercial operator back then or even today which is why is formed a concession with AIS in the first place.

However, Thaksin did earlier reduce revenue share for prepaid mobile tariffs from 25% to 20% but this wasn't mentioned by the court and took place in around 2001. But I do believe that there was unfair practices with Thai Comm, the satellite operator regarding its deals in Myanmar and Thaksin should rightly be punished here, but Thai Comm is worth just a few percent of Shin Corp's value and was still loss making regardless of the Myanmar contracts or not and these made a negligible difference to Thai Comms share price while no dividends were paid by Thai Comm to Shin Corp and so its difficult to see how Thaksin benefited (he held Thaicomm via Shin Corp only) nevertheless he was still greedy enough to use his position to try and help Thai Comm in a relatively small and ultimately a self destructive way.

The minority.

All I'm saying us if you read The Nation and think you are making informed comments here, you are just wrong.

There is a reason the Army and the invisible hand run that paper and ban the good stuff.

Is The Nation really so naive that they believe Oak writes his FB page himself?

Get serious.

The writer is probably the same that wrote his cheat sheet for his university exam.

Also have to laugh at the "slam" term used. This lily-livered privileged timid little weak cretin would have difficulty physically slamming a Winnie the Pooh doll.

The minority.

Send me some links.

Then don't read it. They can't create a family with a terrible name and reputation, when they already have one existing.

If you don't like it; don't read it.

If you want unbiased facts, you have to conduct your own research these days, and decide for yourself.

Edited by gemini81

........while Abhisit is now looking for lost bribe money and can put a very good estimate on how much is wasted, Abhisit appears to have first hand knowledge of inside information on how the bribes are being taken. Both these characters (Abhisit and Mr T) share similar disposition on what can be got from having power; Although Panthongtae is coming across as gulible young man, I think he has a point.

The minority.

Send me some links.

Then don't read it. They can't create a family with a terrible name and reputation, when they already have one existing.

If you don't like it; don't read it.

If you want unbiased facts, you have to conduct your own research these days, and decide for yourself.

I was a supporter of the yellow shirt people until I read the stuff they won't let you see or even mention in public.

A virtual death sentence if they catch you.

For example, the Wikileaks revelations from the US Ambassador to the US State Department. 3,000 messages.

Certainly the biggest story of the year and I didn't see it mentioned in the Thai press.

What did 'The Nation' have to say about that?

A reporter that worked with Reuters for 17 years, quit and left the country to publish the Wikileaks story.

I just checked and see the internet police are blocking it. Dig around the internet a bit and find a copy.

Well gee what did the Red controlled press say about the Wikileaks story? I certainly heard nothing about it.

You don't like the Dems because you say they control the press. Umm excuse me, the Reds and Thaksin have their own news outlets and television stations too.

So you're crying about how evil the Nation is because they won't print a Wikileaks story. So why aren't the Red controlled press reporting on the 'biggest story of the year' either?

I was a supporter of the yellow shirt people until I read the stuff they won't let you see or even mention in public.

For example, the Wikileaks revelations from the US Ambassador to the US State Department. 3,000 messages.

Certainly the biggest story of the year and I didn't see it mentioned in the Thai press.

A reporter that worked with Reuters for 17 years, quit and left the country to publish the Wikileaks story.

I just checked and see the internet police are blocking it. Dig around the internet a bit and find a copy.

You do realise that the current government spent 400 million baht in their first months in office on blocking just such information don't you?

• Like 2

You do realise that the current government spent 400 million baht in their first months in office on blocking just such information don't you?

Indeed the limitations put on press freedom by this administration duplicate the unprecedented levels of corruption that also describes this administration.

Yingluck administration = The Hub of Unprecedented Levels.

No they're doing the right thing and opposing letting your crook of a father return a free man and also get back the billions he's conned.

Every coin has two heads. The Red idiots just one the side with the Dubai criminal on it.

Neither Thaksin or his son know anything about coins, all their money is in notes. Billions and billions, and where exactly did it all come from ????

One of the poorest countries in the world with so FEW getting to be amonsgt the richest.  How might that be Mr Oak?

Mr farantalk... I am well aware but some cannot be mentioned. Mr Thaksin raped many donations from our countries. He held high political office to help his fellow Thai.

That is the difference.

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your talking about the censors that Yingluk can't touch, right? Been doing it for years.

Same crowd that blocks The Economist when they mention...cough cough..

She would love you to read the stuff they are taking out.

Your talking about the censors that Yingluk can't touch, right? Been doing it for years.

Same crowd that blocks The Economist when they mention...cough cough..

She would love you to read the stuff they are taking out.

No, I'm not talking about the censors that Yingluck can't touch, unless you're saying she can't touch Chalerm.

After a new panel was set up recently to fight against anti-monarchy on the Internet and headed by mercurial Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung including the procurement of Bt400-million lawful interception (LI) system, now the government has the licence to prey on all forms of voice communications, e-mails, SMS massages and chat rooms.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/520001-cyber-surveillance-vulnerable-to-abuse-thai-opinion/

Indeed the limitations put on press freedom by this administration duplicate the unprecedented levels of corruption that also describes this administration.

Yingluck administration = The Hub of Unprecedented Levels.

The voters can decide next election if she stays or goes.

Things are booming upcountry. The PTP party aint gong anywhere until the Army or court throws them out. And they will.

Edited by UncleJ

"After a new panel was set up recently to fight against anti-monarchy on the Internet and headed by mercurial Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung including the procurement of Bt400-million lawful interception (LI) system, now the government has the licence to prey on all forms of voice communications, e-mails, SMS massages and chat rooms."

I just punched that paragraph into Google and guess what? An article in The Nation.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This paper is BS.

You guys have really slurped up the purple kool-aid.

You don't have much to say, you really haven't read much so you check some headlines, sit around the water cooler (Thai Visa) and quote nonsense. Makes you feel smart but really, you look very dumb.

Your gonna really feel silly when you get read up a bit.

"After a new panel was set up recently to fight against anti-monarchy on the Internet and headed by mercurial Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung including the procurement of Bt400-million lawful interception (LI) system, now the government has the licence to prey on all forms of voice communications, e-mails, SMS massages and chat rooms."

I just punched that paragraph into Google and guess what? An article in The Nation.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This paper is BS.

You don't have much to say, you really haven't read much so you check some headlines, sit around the water cooler (Thai Visa) and quote nonsense. Makes you feel smart but really, you look very dumb.

What about the Bangkok post? I'd link to that article, but they won't allow it.

edit: What about Prachatai or Thai Rath. Or are they controlled by the army too?

http://asiancorrespondent.com/71613/chalerm-military-and-lese-majeste-part-1/

Edited by whybother

He's just going to tell you that the Bangkok Post is part of the anti Red establishment also.

In fact, like all the other Reds and red apologists before him, anything that is critical of Thaksin puppet government is just trying to persecute the poor innocent and hardworking PTP government and the red shirts. Their sh*t just doesn't stink.

This paper is BS.

What about the Bangkok post? I'd link to that article, but they won't allow it.

• Like 1