Sophon cable - Aljazeera news is now only in Arabic

LukDod

The Good News and the Bad News!

First the GOOD NEWS: Wetv has Aljazeera in ENGLISH on Channel 42.

Now the Bad NEWS. WEtv is unreliable.... a year or so ago they dropped Aljazeera and when after I complained loud and long, they put it back on but NOT in the same grouping as other English Broadcasts such as Channel News Asia, Australian ABC, FOX and BBC.

They also suffer from Audio and Video drop-outs on quite a few channels....but if WEtv (WORST EVER TV) is the only game in town, we just have to live with it. Also notice that the German channel, which used to have some excellent shows in English is now broadcasting ONLY in German.

I noticed that too.

There are of course two Al Jazeeras, English and Arabic.

I reckon there are enough Arabic speakers locally for the Arabic version.

The content is different too, of course.

To stream Al Jazeera English:

http://www.livestation.com/en/aljazeera-english

For more progressive U.S. centric news, the anti-Fox, try:

http://www.hulkusa.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/

Edited by Jingthing

Yes that's a shame same for me, wonder why? BBC news really grates on me with"hello I'm Paddy O'Donnell"repeated every 15 minutes

I hope its a glitch

and the fact its so bloody left wing and pc.

my friend is a producer at Aljazeera

he left BBC because of their policys

he says its not news anymore only their version of events

a bit like Fox

shame

• Like 1

I think many of us that stay in condos (or hotels) tend to get Sophon cable since this cable network is for the tourist sector in the area. It is inexpensive, so the hotels and condos in the area seems to subscribe to it (unless one pays more for satellite with True). Like the previous posts stated, the English Aljazera news is a good channel with its different perspective on world events and its documentaries. BBC (to me) is acceptable also. What is NOT a news channel is FOX... it is a political propaganda machine channel for Republican and the illiterate and gullible. I am surprised how many hotels carry it overseas--its subscription fee must be low since it is sometimes the only "American" newschannel shown (no CNN on Sophon). I must admit, I do turn it on for the noise and to know what the latest crime in the USA is... the Daily show with Jon stewart is more informative (just joking).

Edited by toenail
  • Like 1

They also suffer from Audio and Video drop-outs on quite a few channels....but if WEtv (WORST EVER TV) is the only game in town, we just have to live with it.

It is not the only game in town. It is the cheapest game in town and a good deal for the price.

It's a shame, the BBC with all its red decking and drapery and beating drums is like watching a Soviet Labour Day parade in Red Square in the 1980's. Al Jazeera has much more level-headed news coverage.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

What is NOT a news channel is FOX...

Horse manure. There are good news show on Fox. My favorite is Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. Special Report every morning (in Thailand) is excellent too. There are also a lot of opinion show. When you do not share their political point of view, you get outraged.

• Like 2

Ironic that you quote Orwell to defend Fox. Fox would be Orwell's nightmare.

I did not quote anyone to defend Fox. You seem to be getting confused by my signature. However, I'm pretty sure that Orwell would be horried by the newspeak spin eminating from the White House and that "paid liar" Jay Carney. I did point out some excellent news shows on Fox News that truly are fair and balanced.

• Like 1