Older Men – Attitude and Personality

ExpatOilWorker

Here in Khon Kaen I think older foreigners behave worse than younger foreigners.

I find the younger generation to be more tolerant and maybe more well travelled (in the modern world), thus they accept more easy other cultures/people.

The most shocking observation here, amazingly enough, are all the racist older (50-80 years age) foreigners I have met in Khon Kaen area.

Yes, they are always complaining about the foreigners in their home countries but forget that they are the <deleted> here. And whilst here, all they can do is moan and bitch about the people who's country they have come to live in. Go figure ....

True.

I was quite amazed when I met the first of those.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My twelve year old nephew from Bangkok has stayed with us for the last couple of weeks to meet up with my son. My son sails every day so he cannot be with the nephew until the evenings. During his stay he has refused to go to see his old pals at the sailing club or venture out of the house. He is content to sit from morning till the time my son comes home, watch cartoons on the TV, play computer games and stuff his face with food. This is making me exceedingly grumpy. If he was my son I would kick his arse, but as my wife, the appeaser, says 'it's only for a short time and he is not your kid so leave him alone to do as he pleases'.Is this not the attitude that has made Thailand and many other countries including my own, what they have become? No wonder we old farts get grumpy. The world is going to the dogs. I'm off for a beer!

This is a golden opportunity to bring the good Grandfather out in you. You have no parental responsibility for your 12 year old nephew, but you can offer him a world of experiences. Take him out for an ice cream, biggest one you can find, let him go-cart race, river rafting, swimming or what else is available in your area. Soon he will learn that the sky is the limit with Grandfather and you will be his hero, at least for that summer.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

This is a golden opportunity to bring the good Grandfather out in you. You have no parental responsibility for your 12 year old nephew, but you can offer him a world of experiences. Take him out for an ice cream, biggest one you can find, let him go-cart race, river rafting, swimming or what else is available in your area. Soon he will learn that the sky is the limit with Grandfather and you will be his hero, at least for that summer.

Sure, poor folk have very little few things to look forward to in LOS. Isn't it great to see a kid happy. even for a little while.

The aging process in and of itself sometimes brings about anger, as older people vent frustration about getting old, having chronic pain, losing friends, having memory issues, being incontinent all of the undignified things that can happen to us as we age.In addition Alzheimer's disease and Dementia can also cause these behaviors.Alot of younger people would not know what is going through an old person's mind. They will find out when they reach such an age.

• Like 1

The aging process in and of itself sometimes brings about anger, as older people vent frustration about getting old, having chronic pain, losing friends, having memory issues, being incontinent all of the undignified things that can happen to us as we age.In addition Alzheimer's disease and Dementia can also cause these behaviors.Alot of younger people would not know what is going through an old person's mind. They will find out when they reach such an age.

Blimey, you described me to a T. Dont know if thats good or bad. facepalm.gif ..................laugh.png

Blimey, you described me to a T. Dont know if thats good or bad. facepalm.gif ..................laugh.png

Well I was thinking of you .by the way what is your name again ?

Well I was thinking of you .by the way what is your name again ?

Ronald McDonald..........................I think..............facepalm.gif .........................laugh.png

• Like 1

I think I am doing the Grandfather bit. I started the boy off on sailing a year ago .He stopped. It was 'too strenuous' . He could still join my son sailing. As regards rafting and go-carting, I think being almost eighty I would do better challenging him to a walking frame race.

My twelve year old nephew from Bangkok has stayed with us for the last couple of weeks to meet up with my son. My son sails every day so he cannot be with the nephew until the evenings. During his stay he has refused to go to see his old pals at the sailing club or venture out of the house. He is content to sit from morning till the time my son comes home, watch cartoons on the TV, play computer games and stuff his face with food. This is making me exceedingly grumpy. If he was my son I would kick his arse, but as my wife, the appeaser, says 'it's only for a short time and he is not your kid so leave him alone to do as he pleases'.Is this not the attitude that has made Thailand and many other countries including my own, what they have become? No wonder we old farts get grumpy. The world is going to the dogs. I'm off for a beer!