Black Smoke - Fire occurs in South Pattaya

NewGuy

just been there looking

mainly in the paint shop

started in the restaurant behind the paint shop said a police there

Odd that in picture 3 they are using a Monitor to poor water in the front when quite clealry the seat of the fire needing the most attention is at the rear!

I don't know what is in the front but it's possible they are damping down something to stop the fire spreading or cooling gas cylinders to prevent an explosion.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. And I just bought a condo right next door.

Oh, no, wait a minute. Thankfully I'd never buy anything in this place.

Yes, it would have been a terrible tragedy if the fire had spread a bit further and burnt that whole area down to the ground. Terrible. Just awful.

A nurse I talked with claimed that several died and many injured during the fire. Nothing about that in the news as far as I can see. Any information that can confirm that?

A friend of mine who works at a hotel nearby said the same thing today- that there were deaths but for some reason they didn't want them reported on the news. Not sure how much of this is down to gossip running wild...

Some of the news reports on websites etc were over exaggerated. "Fire rips through 10 shops" etc..

In truth only about 5 shops were closed the day after, 3 with some bad damage, the others just need a clean up (smoke damage)

The hardware that was badly damaged will be open again within 7 days because the ground floor had no fire so they didn't loose everything.

A nurse I talked with claimed that several died and many injured during the fire. Nothing about that in the news as far as I can see. Any information that can confirm that?

A friend of mine who works at a hotel nearby said the same thing today- that there were deaths but for some reason they didn't want them reported on the news. Not sure how much of this is down to gossip running wild...

Had this confirmed a few minutes ago. At least 2 dead, several injured, some still in coma. All injured are apparently from the Middle East and all have been moved to hospitals in Bangkok. Cover-up anyone?