China Crackdown to Come Under Scrutiny At UN Rights Review

News_Editor

This thread is dead ...there is only 1 view allowed and that is the extreme views of how evil china is ..the rest of the views are all deleted

Safe to say, I would ask the rest of the moderates the only way to understand china is to spend more time with the moderates , visit it for yourself and see that it's not any different from any large economies, they are not perfect and never said they were

China are a force to reckon with, and they have their own opinions. Moderates accept that there will always be differences in view, the extremists well are worst that the terrorists is all I can say ...as they have closed minds and that breeds contempt

In the meantime ...it's nice to visit USA the land of the free next month ...

It's a perfect country with the best human rights record..,.i feel good going there with the Chinese buying more bankrupt companies ...after all we need to save the free world so that they can save more countries from the tyranny of the world :-) including China

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe it's simply the case that the human rights record of the CCP-PRC is indefensible in the absolute.

You guys have to spend almost all of your posting time attacking other posters, or attacking other countries that are democracies - such as overstating sarcastically that the United States is perfect, or citing an isolated incident of a British soldier in the UK being beaten.

The thread is not about other countries. The thread is about the CCP-PRC wanting to regain its lost seat on the UN Human Rights Council.

The human rights record of the CCP-PRC is abominable, horrendous, hellish - and the CCP boasts of it and dismisses human rights.. As a candidate for the Council, the CCP in Beijing is trying to get the fox admitted in to the hen house.

CCP apologists cannot get by at this thread by quickly acknowledging that the CCP's political and human rights records are not stellar and then moving on in the post and the thread.

Who in his right mind wants to come to this thread to try to defend the human rights record of the CCP-PRC, or to state their support of the CCP?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is dead ...there is only 1 view allowed and that is the extreme views of how evil china is ..the rest of the views are all deleted

Safe to say, I would ask the rest of the moderates the only way to understand china is to spend more time with the moderates , visit it for yourself and see that it's not any different from any large economies, they are not perfect and never said they were

China are a force to reckon with, and they have their own opinions. Moderates accept that there will always be differences in view, the extremists well are worst that the terrorists is all I can say ...as they have closed minds and that breeds contempt

In the meantime ...it's nice to visit USA the land of the free next month ...

It's a perfect country with the best human rights record..,.i feel good going there with the Chinese buying more bankrupt companies ...after all we need to save the free world so that they can save more countries from the tyranny of the world :-) including China

Maybe it's simply the case that the human rights record of the CCP-PRC is indefensible in the absolute.

You guys have to spend almost all of your posting time attacking other posters, or attacking other countries that are democracies - such as overstating sarcastically that the United States is perfect, or citing an isolated incident of a British soldier in the UK being beaten.

The thread is not about other countries. The thread is about the CCP-PRC wanting to regain its lost seat on the UN Human Rights Council.

The human rights record of the CCP-PRC is abominable, horrendous, hellish - and the CCP boasts of it and dismisses human rights.. As a candidate for the Council, the CCP in Beijing is trying to get the fox admitted in to the hen house. 

CCP apologists cannot get by at this thread by quickly acknowledging that the CCP's political and human rights records are not stellar and then moving on in the post and the thread.

Who in his right mind wants to come to this thread to try to defend the human rights record of the CCP-PRC, or to state their support of the CCP?

No one is here to defend the rights and say they are perfect ...they are improving by the years at a much faster rate than some...however some are only keen to point out the obvious such as Tiananmen ...the moderates however understand the improvements since and every one is rooting they continue to do better

However in comparing a communist country and a democracy it's deplorable that the standards in some western democracies have not improved in the leaps and bounds as expected or a free world and yet have gone downhill ...it's not isolated cases but a continued trend where the certain entities already believe they are above the law

It is of such comparison when one wants to compare a communist country HR record vs a developed free democracy that makes the mockery of china wanting to retain its seat

when one cannot see the drop in standards of the free.

I for one want to see china there as more international responsibilities is the way to engage china to continue to improve its rights for its people while constant heckling is only an irritant and offer nothing new

If one an bring up historic stuff like Tiananmen they should rightly be easy to defend their own country record in recent times ...it's nothing to do with the tile more than the human rights of expression.

• Like 1

Topics such as this one, will usually garner more than their fare share of negative comments, it goes with the territory. There are a number of threads about US school shootings, The US gov't shutdown and some recent ones on spying and the NSA. Those topics usually also garner more criticism than praise.

China is now at the level in the international stage where some of it's current and past behaviors will be held up for scrutiny. Criticism is never fun and sometimes not fair, but it goes with the territory.

Please exercise care in your posts.