pavements around pattaya are in a terrible state

Asiantravel

I love it when someone Fresh Off The Boat suddenly comes to the realization that--"Wot! Oim in a Third World country! Quite a mess here."

Ah, to go back to that virginal state. Making acquaintance with all the nice, sincere ladies eager to serve me . . . .

Try a Mexican sidewalk for comparison. That was MY first experience.

I love it when someone Fresh Off The Boat suddenly comes to the realization that--"Wot! Oim in a Third World country! Quite a mess here."

Ah, to go back to that virginal state. Making acquaintance with all the nice, sincere ladies eager to serve me . . . .

But I don't understand? Then how can a Third World country seriously aspire to be the hub of so many things?

But I don't understand? Then how can a Third World country seriously aspire to be the hub of so many things?

Where did "seriously" come from? More naivete.

You should travel morerolleyes.gif

go and see the state of the pavements in neighbouring countries and you will see they are in far better condition than Pattaya

even sleepy little Sihanoukville in Cambodia has far better standard sidewalks than Thailand and that country can really claim to be Third World ...........whereas Thailand only wants to be regarded as Third World when it suits them

You should travel morerolleyes.gif

go and see the state of the pavements in neighbouring countries and you will see they are in far better condition than Pattaya

even sleepy little Sihanoukville in Cambodia has far better standard sidewalks than Thailand and that country can really claim to be Third World ...........whereas Thailand only wants to be regarded as Third World when it suits them

Some towns/cities are always better or worse than others even within Thailand. Only in Vietnam have I ever fallen down.

There's no little one-size-fits-all schoolmarm rule you can cling to, sorry. "What Thailand wants" is one of those grandiose trollish concepts. Best to rid yourself of such.

Edited by JSixpack

in some ways its not a bad thing

in many countries i have visited you stand a good chance of getting knocked down on the boardwalk by a senior on a mobility scooter

Not to mention those insufferable Wheelchairs

This poor condition of Sidewalks & Roads has been a point of contention since we started coming to Pattaya

That is 25+ years

coffee1.gif

Since it is usually only farangs who use sidewalks, they might wish to introduce a 500 Baht "Pavement Maintenance Tax" in addition to the imminent 'Health' Tax.

A similar arrival tax might also be introduced to fund assistance for victims of jetski rip-offs, the gem scams, and the other assorted perils of spending a holiday here.