First Starbung now...

maxme

Starback... located next to Starbucks at the bottom floor of MBK. I´m not sure what swirl in some people heads when they do this but their blatant

disrespect to the law and rules, is one of the reasons, me think that it will take Thailand a long time to mature into a developed country. My two cents for what it's worth.

So the OP thinks Thailand will mature into a developed country, when their citizens are willing to pay $6 for a cup of cat-piss called Starbucks??

May it never happen!coffee1.gif

Thing is, you are free to choose another shop. Nobody is forcing you to buy coffee there. There are a lot of nescafe joints you could get for 15 baht or so. Sticks and stones. Still with the increasing disrespect for IP and law here, I would be surprised if not more investors flee this country and that's what's happening down in the south.

Just wonder who is next on the blame list when the few left decide to pack up and move their business.

Starback... located next to Starbucks at the bottom floor of MBK. I´m not sure what swirl in some people heads when they do this but their blatant
disrespect to the law and rules, is one of the reasons, me think that it will take Thailand a long time to mature into a developed country. My two cents for what it's worth.

Intelectual property rights laws are promoted with much vim and vigour by the United States - the arguments they make in favour of intellectual property laws backed up with basket of goodies for those nations that fall into line with the US sponsored policies and penalties (or withheld goodies) for those who do not.

But it was not always so.

The history of the legal battles between Charles Dickens and the US law courts over his (Charles Dickens') intellectual property rights is instructive of forgotten arguments.

The arguments used by the US was that Charles Dickens' intellectual property rights were an infringement of the principals of open and free markets and that in any case the US needed cheap access to the works of Charles Dickens because they were required to help bolster the lack of literature available at the time for American schools and colleges.

That any developing nation should make the same arguments is now, not in the interests of the United States.

How times change.

Yet this right or whatever you want to label it, exists in most countries around the world. Thailand is one of the few countries I know where you have to re-apply for copyright and even then, the outcome is uncertain.

Thais remind me more and more of kids who want a piece of the pie and the whole pie at the same time.