Please Answer A Couple Of Simple Computer Questions

soap

i am i new starter at the computer and would value help with a couple of questions.

1)how can i transfer a photo from say a web site to my computer,save the photo

then if i wish to forward it on, how to do this.

2)i see on some forum posts some people give web sites addresses that all you do is click on

and it puts you straight on.how can i take a web site address from my favourites and transfer

to a forum post.

3)my mobile phone is a nokia 6320 i think, it as a camera, can i take photos with this camera

and transfer to my computer if so how do i do this

i would value any help

thanks

1) right mouse click with pointer over the image then select "save picture as". Note that some web sites disable the ability ot save images. Once the image is saved then use the "attachment" function in whatever e-mail you are using to attached the image file to your e-mail.

2) hhmmm, I've not done this on a TV forum post, but I suspect you need to be in the "ADDREPLY" or "NEWTOPIC" section then create a hyperlink. The text can be different to the actual hyperlink URL

3) yes, you can take photos from the telephone and transfer to your computer. If your phone and computer have Bluetooth you can make a wireless connection between the two devices and transfer files between both devices. If you don;t have bluetooth then you'll need to connect the phone by USB cable (supplied with the telephone). Before doing this you need to install the Nokia software package provided with your telephone. If you don't have the software go to the Nokia web site and download the software for the phone model you have. The software lets you backup your phone data to the PC and manage files on the phone.

Edited by sibeymai

1. Right click on the photo on the web page and select Save Immage As then select where on the computer you would like to save the picture.

2. Type or copy the the full web site address in the message on a new line and then press enter before typing anything else.

3. Not sure on that model but you obviousely have to connect you phone to the computer, there should be some software that came with the phone that you have to load, check your phone manual. Maybe someone else who have that particular phone can help.

2. Go to your favorites list, and to the appropriate entry... right-click, and choose copy. Then go to your reply, and right-click, choose paste (or ctrl-v).

3. Your phone should have some kind of memory card that stores the photos. You can buy a USB memory card reader, and read that card directly.

your 6230i has an MMC ( multi media card ) behind the battery. The ones that came with the phone were 64meg ( cards are cheap so maybe you might want to pick up a 256meg card ).

the easiest way to transfer is by a USB card reader. They are less than 500baht and you plug them into the usb port on your computer and will appear as drives in your my computer pane ( win 95/98 will need drivers installed - win2000/XP will auto detect ) . insert your card into the reader and double click on the corresponding drive and it will open the card so you can view the files on it. your photos should be there in .jpg format . then it is a simple proceedure to move them to your computer.

the 6230i has bluetooth but the symbian 40 file explorer supplied is very limited so transferring files via bluetooth is not for the fainthearted.

you can also copy .mp3 music files ( or audio books ) to your card and listen to them with your phone or use them as your ringtone