Trip Report: 60 Day Thai Tourist Visa in Singapore

Hi, I just applied for my 60 day tourist visa in Singapore and if you have all the required documents, it's a pretty standard process.

Cost: 50 Singapore Dollars

Requirements:

1 passport picture

1 copy of flight into Thailand

1 copy of flight out of Thailand MUST BE WITHIN 60 DAYS!!!

1 bank statement showing proof of funds

1 application

passport valid within 6 months

Submit between 9:30am-11:30am and Pick up the NEXT Day 2:00pm-3:00pm

Make sure your flight out of Thailand is within 60 days, I had my flight within 90 days and they made me buy another flight. Even though you can extend your visa, the extension s SUBJECT TO APPROVAL which is why your flight must be within 60 days not 90. Lesson learned.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Actually have never heard of a 60 day tourist visa entry failing to be extended for other than jail or such. It is routine and don't worry about it. Singapore is not a normal Thai Consulate experience. Why would any flight in or out be required? Thousands of travelers travel by train/bus/boat from Singapore to Thailand.

There is a woman in the Singapore Embassy who is a real bitch. She checks applications before you lodge them and if she can find any thing she doesn't like you are sent packing regardless of whether or not you have the correct documents. I have been in that Embassy and seen her throw out several people because she didn't like their documentation. One american said he had an outbound ticket and he offered to show it to her on his phone. Not good enough, she wanted it on paper.

I haven't had a problem because I have applied for several Non-B visas and had all the correct paperwork. My advice for what's worth is stay clear of Singapore, especially for Tourist Visas.

There is a woman in the Singapore Embassy who is a real bitch. She checks applications before you lodge them and if she can find any thing she doesn't like you are sent packing regardless of whether or not you have the correct documents. I have been in that Embassy and seen her throw out several people because she didn't like their documentation. One american said he had an outbound ticket and he offered to show it to her on his phone. Not good enough, she wanted it on paper.

I haven't had a problem because I have applied for several Non-B visas and had all the correct paperwork. My advice for what's worth is stay clear of Singapore, especially for Tourist Visas.

I've had several bad experiences there, both with Tourist Visa and Non-B. They are generally very good at making you feel like a second class citizen or a criminal.

Doing long term visas in Penang now. Haven't looked back.

Edited by Zumteufel

I've had several bad experiences there, both with Tourist Visa and Non-B. They are generally very good at making you feel like a second class citizen or a criminal.

"...good at making you feel like a second class citizen"

Are you a citizen? Of which country, Thailand or Singapore?

"...good at making you feel like a second class citizen"

Are you a citizen? Of which country, Thailand or Singapore?

Only ever used Singapore once , admittedly a few years ago.

I had no problems associated with them processing a single entry "O" visa.

Did witness some rude aggressive people get the short elbow however !

There is a woman in the Singapore Embassy who is a real bitch. She checks applications before you lodge them and if she can find any thing she doesn't like you are sent packing regardless of whether or not you have the correct documents.

biggrin.png

been there done that ... like the "proof of funds" - haven't heard of that one since the early 80's !! Back To The Future

Just done a 60 day tourist visa in Penang - sailed through no problems.

Went for a 12 month O - family visa but they have now introduced the requirement of a bank statement and I had not prepare one so reverted to 60 day tourist visa.

Last year got family without proof of an account just may have to prove on entry sufficient funds of 20,000 per family member. Never was asked and did not know of changes.

Will get next time after 60 days and 30 day extension!!

You could stretch that 60 day tourist visa entry to 150 days by doing the 30 day extension and then a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Why didn't you get a single entry non-o that would of saved you 900 baht and no need for 30 day extension (1000 baht for visa + 1900 for extension = 2900 verses 2000 baht for single entry non-o).

• 4 weeks later...

The official website seems to differ in a couple points from the OP:

"Visa processing time:All visa applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 5-10 working days in advance of their anticipated travel, especially during holiday seasons. Approved applicants will be told when they may pick up their passports. The minimum visa processing time is two working days."

"Visa Application and Collection hours:

For visa application: Monday to Friday (except Embassy’s holidays): 09.15am-11.30am only."

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

What constitutes "evidence" for requirement five:

"Evidence of adequate finance ($1000 per person and $2000 per family)"

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/tourist-visa

The OP said a bank statement was accepted. How about cash, traveller's checks or a combination of the two?

That is in Singapore dollars which is about 25k baht for 1000 SGD at today's exchange rate. Which is a about 5k baht high according to MFA website.

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

When i went in the other day there were two rather attractive ladies recieving applications for tourist visas. The lineup was about 15 people & i waited only around 10 minutes for my turn. My application was accepted even with an outdated (over 6 month old) photo.

Picking up the visa in passport was even quicker with only about 3 people there. As a regular visitor to LOS i was told it would be the last time i'd recieve the visa in Singapore. It was also the first time. An explanation for why was given but i couldn't understand it or be bothered to ask her to repeat.

Edited by oldthaihand99

• 4 months later...

Why is this thread linked to from latest news on getting non 'o' from Penang?

I just went back through 4 days of newsletters and did not find any mention of a non-o in Penang. and don't recall seeing one for a long time.

How old was it?

They will only do single entry non-o visas of any type. It has been that way for several months.

• 5 months later...