Bangkok teenage motorbike gang Injures policeman

webfact

Teenage Motorbike Gang Injures Policeman
By Khaosod English

mb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- More than 30 illegal street racers have been arrested last night in Bangkok, many of them minors, while one policeman has been injured in the operation.

Police officers set up checkpoints around Narathiwat Ratchanakarin Road and Sathu Pradit Road at 03.00 in a bid to intercept the teenage motorcycle gangs, dubbed ′dek vans′ by the Thais, who have caused much nuisance to local residents.

Pol.Lt.Col. Kiattikul Sonthinen, a senior officer at Bang Pong Pan Police Station, said his force has received complaints of the gangs racing their motorbikes in the vicinity.

He said the police deployed 15 officers in the operation, which involved blocking the main roads with large trucks to cut off the suspects′ escape routes.

However, in the confusion, one of the racers attempted to escape, hitting one police officer on his way. The suspect later abandoned his vehicle and escaped on foot into the night.

The police have arrested a total of 33 individuals, some of whom are as young as 15 years old, and confiscated 37 motorcycles.

The suspects were charged with illegal vehicle modification, driving without proper licenses, and driving without safety helmets. The suspects′ families have been informed, police said.

The injured officer is reported to be in stable condition at the hospital.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1qWXdNVFl4TkE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-24

And if they had have been racing Ferraris through the streets, and killed, rather than injured, a policeman, they would have nothing to fear. By all means, lock these morons up, but please apply a proportional punishment to a far more serious crime. And 37 motorcycles confiscated? I don't remember any reports of the Ferrari in question being confiscated. Anyone hear any different?

Nonsense. Why do you think the Ferrari driver may have done a runner; fear perhaps?

Maybe the Ferrari wasn't confiscated because there was no reason to confiscate it. No mention of it being illegally modified and being involved in street races (yes, I know the driver was allegedly speeding but vehicles don't get confiscated for that or being involved in accidents, however serious). I believe also that the driver had a licence and was therefore over the minimum age for driving.

And if they had have been racing Ferraris through the streets, and killed, rather than injured, a policeman, they would have nothing to fear. By all means, lock these morons up, but please apply a proportional punishment to a far more serious crime. And 37 motorcycles confiscated? I don't remember any reports of the Ferrari in question being confiscated. Anyone hear any different?

Excellent point.

What ever happened to public caneing? I remember years back when a 15 year old USA teenager was sentenced to 15 whacks with a cane for painting graffiti in a arab country. It must have worked because we have not heard anything bad about him since

BRING BACK PUBLIC CANEING FOR SHOE SLAPPERS AND TEEN GANG MEMBERS

Get well soon to the officer injured. Well done to the others for a job seemingly well done.

I wonder how many of those arrested will face any charges?

Keep their bikes for a month and make them walk everywhere, that will make them cry crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

If they're illegally modified, they should keep them forever as a disincentive to illegally modify their bikes. It's bad enough they are racing but the modified bikes go crazy fast.

• Like 1

What ever happened to public caneing? I remember years back when a 15 year old USA teenager was sentenced to 15 whacks with a cane for painting graffiti in a arab country. It must have worked because we have not heard anything bad about him since

BRING BACK PUBLIC CANEING FOR SHOE SLAPPERS AND TEEN GANG MEMBERS

Singapore is not an arab country!

• Like 2

What fabulous parents they have, they do not know about their kids antics at 3am in the morning this is the big problem in Thailand no proper parental guidance. They don't give a fig--my take on this make the parents hurt-in the pocket, sell the bikes bib and hand over the money to handicapped peoples hospice.

How many kids ,world wide, do you think tell their parents what they get up to at 3AM? Stop Thai bashing.

Reminds me of the good old days on Sukhumvit Rd by the Thai tobbaco monopoly. Used to sit n drink a beer while watching the BIB knock yobs off their bikes with pick-axe handle n sticks . A favoured method was to try n stick it througk the spokes on the wheels or another was the baseball bat to the head ( and remember back then even less people wore helmets.)

What fabulous parents they have, they do not know about their kids antics at 3am in the morning this is the big problem in Thailand no proper parental guidance. They don't give a fig--my take on this make the parents hurt-in the pocket, sell the bikes bib and hand over the money to handicapped peoples hospice.

How many kids ,world wide, do you think tell their parents what they get up to at 3AM? Stop Thai bashing.

Something wrong with you ?????

The kids do not have to report to the parents what time they go out. THE PARENTS should be aware where their kids are at that time--please note it said most of the kids were under aged, no license, no insurance, I am not Thai bashing you are defending the kids and the stupid parents---get on the ball, with this attitude you would fall into the category of parents that are unaware of your kids movements.

One final say, who owns the bikes ??? who should have the keys ??? Parents--get it. get real.

• Like 2

The Ferrari driver accident was caused by negligence and he has already provided generous compensation to the victim's family, the kid injured an officer while fleeing the police and has taken no responsibility for his actions. It is only because the officer in the Ferrari case died (and your obvious bias against the wealthy) that makes it a more serious crime.

Don't like the truth???

• Like 1

I have set up several internet news alerts on the Red Bull/ Ferrari incident and the last one that came in said police prosecutors were angry he had appeared to have evaded justice by staying in Singapore and they thought his excuses were false.

That was about a month ago so I can only guess now that the police complainants have now received the final payments in cash already.

So yes these young kids having a bit of fun and being treated like criminals is quite a contrast. The police should treat them a bit better and perhaps arrange some legal racing on a closed track or road for them, where they can let of a few pent up hormones. (after weeding out the really nasty ones of course for some community service)

In most places it would be considered unorthodox for it not to have been confiscated. Critical evidence in a criminal trial? Are we to understand that he would have the gall and hypocrisy to be driving the car? Surely that is over the top even for them?

Nonsense. Why do you think the Ferrari driver may have done a runner; fear perhaps?

Maybe the Ferrari wasn't confiscated because there was no reason to confiscate it. No mention of it being illegally modified and being involved in street races (yes, I know the driver was allegedly speeding but vehicles don't get confiscated for that or being involved in accidents, however serious). I believe also that the driver had a licence and was therefore over the minimum age for driving.