What To Eat In Between Meals When Feeling Hungry

pb2003

What to eat in between meals when feeling hungry without getting fatter ? I used to eat bananas in between meals, but now I am looking for something different, healthy but with less or no sugar.

water melone, but not sure if it helps against the hunger......

water and fruit. not necessarily bananas.

try pineapple, oranges, watermelon.....thailand has such wonderful fruits at this time of the year you can have something different every day and not get bored.

I have gout but it wasn't from the tomatoes. Allopurinol has kept in it check for last 15 years and acid levels are in middle of normal range. You are right it is no fun at all - unbelievable that a toe can hurt so much. :o

I find a mixture of unsweetened apple juice (only 40 caloris per 200 ml) and water very helpful, allows enough volume tyo fill the stomach and just enough sugar to keep the blood sugar up and hunger pains at bay.

I have gout but it wasn't from the tomatoes. Allopurinol has kept in it check for last 15 years and acid levels are in middle of normal range. You are right it is no fun at all - unbelievable that a toe can hurt so much. :D

Tell me about it.Started getting it when I was 18! :o Been on allopurinol since I was 25. Can eat 20 tomatoes and I will not get an attack. :D

anyway, the best thing betwen meals IMHO is a piece of cheese or any other Protien with a low glycemic index.

If you must have fruit, eat an apple (With the skin on).Stay away from fruit juice if possible.

I f you eat three meals a day ( and not necessarily large ones) you shouldn't really need to eat between meals. If you are skipping a meal (maybe breakfast?) then your brain will always be telling you to find some food, and when you have a meal you will tend to over eat, because your brain wants you to store some away. So, assuming you're a three meals a day man, you've just got to try and go without for a few days and the 'in between meals' hunger pains will go away. Try it. Suffer for a few days, and you'll solve the problem forever.

Failing that... bananas are not a good idea - full of calories - that's why sportsmen eat them. The fruit suggested in this thread is much better - water melon is very good. Also the drink water suggestion is very good and will have the same long term affect as going without - remove the desire. :o

Might try a non food solution... Get out of the house or whatever situation you are in that triggers the hunger... Try a walk in the early evening or a foot massage in the afternoon...

................................................................................

Good reply sfokevin,

Activity / interest / hobby.

If you are fit exercise is the best and drink water to get the full up feeling.

If not do something that keeps your mind occupied.

Boredom is a bad trigger to start the hunger pangs off.

Habit change and getting into a routine of only eating at meal times is good otherwise you get used to in between snacks, your body certainly does adapt to new routines.

marshbags :o:D:D

Actually watermelon is a very high sugar fruit.

One idea is air popped popcorn. Low calorie and filling. You need one of those air popping machines. For a little flavor, try soy sauce or tabasco sauce instead of butter.

I have gout but it wasn't from the tomatoes. Allopurinol has kept in it check for last 15 years and acid levels are in middle of normal range. You are right it is no fun at all - unbelievable that a toe can hurt so much. :D

Tell me about it.Started getting it when I was 18! :o Been on allopurinol since I was 25. Can eat 20 tomatoes and I will not get an attack. :D

anyway, the best thing betwen meals IMHO is a piece of cheese or any other Protien with a low glycemic index.

If you must have fruit, eat an apple (With the skin on).Stay away from fruit juice if possible.

I heard cherries were excellent (ie had a preventitive effect) for gout.Is that true? Also very expensive in Thailand and not always available.

I say water , water and more water, especially in an office with A/C and the inherent dehydration. I usually carry an apple (good fiber) and an avocado to eat mid afternoon. Make a ritual of slicing the avocado in half and spooning out the pulp directly into yer mouth...it's sorta like green custard and the satisfaction goes farther...they are also very oily and take longer to digest causing delay for the hunger pangs to return. Highly caloric, however...but a good source of vitamins, minerals and etc...

avocados (palta or aguacate depending on where you live in latin america), like with corn tortillas a mesoamerican gift to the world...

• 3 weeks later...

I heard cherries were excellent (ie had a preventitive effect) for gout.Is that true? Also very expensive in Thailand and not always available.

cherries is not expenisve at all in thailand ( CHiang rai ) i got few tree in front of my gharden so its free for me , haha ... yes its good for gout too .

What to eat in between meals when feeling hungry without getting fatter ? I used to eat bananas in between meals, but now I am looking for something different, healthy but with less or no sugar.

water melone, but not sure if it helps against the hunger......

I don't eat watermelon in Thailand, as much as I love it, they are full of pesticides. The local farmer that told us this won't touch them. Now I'm growing my own.

beachbunny