War on Traffic: Tow zones to expand throughout Bangkok

webfact

War on Traffic: Tow zones to expand throughout capital
By Coconuts Bangkok

1380835_176285255893646_476993160_n.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A pilot program cracking down on illegally parked cars will be expanded as soon as next week, the Metropolitan Police Bureau announced yesterday.

In a bid to address the capital’s crippling traffic problems, police at 32 of 88 police stations have towed and impounded vehicles improperly parked along 10 of the busiest roads since Monday.

Now the police want to get all 88 stations involved by next Friday.

Under the “10 roads project,” vehicles are impounded at their owners’ expense.

Police have been instructed to investigate their station territories to propose the new routes for towing [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/10/25/war-traffic-tow-zones-expand-throughout-capital

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-10-25

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 roads isn't even a start. More at risk than not expanding to other areas is that it is a temporary policy. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Can instantly think of 100 other roads that require towing...but there just isn't the proper garage/lot/storage to put these cars....

Wow, must be a money maker for the boys in brown

Just what I thought------------ much easier than spending all that time ticketing people for no hemmets no seat belts no driving licence-----and a lot more money in it---More whisky for the bib

Great what the number to call for this service i can do easily more than 100 cars a day by myself and i am sure there are a vast number of readers that are dying to help

let us know the numbers or e mail address to the contact the tow truck especially THE PRIVATES ONES WHO WILL PROBABLY OFFER COMMISSION

10 roads isn't even a start. More at risk than not expanding to other areas is that it is a temporary policy. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Can instantly think of 100 other roads that require towing...but there just isn't the proper garage/lot/storage to put these cars....

Lumpini Park ???

The photo shows the car being towed backwards... This maybe a daft question as I know there is steering lock when the car is locked, but I'll shoot anyway:

Is towing the car backwards safe ? the front wheels are not always straight and may movie, no ?

The trucks I have seen in Oz have a steel plate that is hydraulically driven backwards from the back of the truck under the car so it males little difference if the car is forwards, backwards or 4 wheel drive in practice. With a winch that holds the car in place relatively speaking ... the car gets pulled forward a little and then up she goes

Edited by Mudcrab

Will they tow Mercs and BMW s too, ? thats going to be a sensitive subject.

do you know who i am. maybe they will just stick to the Toyota s and Honda s

for now.

regards Worgeordie

no those in posh motors will get their driver to go round and round the block thus causing even more chaos lol

A significant step in the right direction and indeed it should be applied in all major cities in order to assist in the awful traffic jams that make life here intolerable.

It would have made for better reporting if the actual number of vehicles towed away was mentioned, however the odds are that this will simply be a flash in the pan as this nation has little credibility in maintaining anything.

• Like 2

The photo shows the car being towed backwards... This maybe a daft question as I know there is steering lock when the car is locked, but I'll shoot anyway:

Is towing the car backwards safe ? the front wheels are not always straight and may movie, no ?

Towing a front wheel drive car backwards is safe. But not good for front wheel drive cars. But who really cares? Tow the car from wherever the tow truck can get access.

If it sorts the traffic problems out who cares where the money will go

It has my wholehearted support, so long as there are no exemptions...!!!

When I see a Mercedes SL and a 7 series BMW being towed away, then my faith in the system will be restored...!!

I live in a narrow soi where there are red and white markings all along the soi to stop parking.

Many cars park there and the chaos is unbelievable. It's worse at weekends when all the Ferraris, Lambourginis, BMWs etc are valey parked from the pub at the top of the soi.

I look forward to seeing them towed away (but then the police in our district belong to some of the most corrupt).

• Like 1

If Pattaya had a tow truck and an impound lot, they could charge Baht 2000 to get your car back and make enough money to pave walking street in gold.

Give over. They need all the gold that they can get to reconstruct the hearts of the tarts.

There is always the river. laugh.png

• Like 1