Kemex Lubricant

KRS1

Tried out a can of this Kemex lubricant and its pretty good, better than the Veloil chain lube ive been using, it also has a slight cleaning effect on the chain. :) and isnt attracting dust/dirt like the Veloil stuff, after first application my chain wasnt completely clean, but it lost about half the gunk that was on there...will see what happens with 2-3rd application...on the website it says it deposits a film.

Its PTFE (teflon) based and is anti static and no smell. Temperature range is -50c to 250c....i tried some teflon stuff last year stateside, but it really sucked compared to this stuff, this Kemex stuff is pretty darn good i must say.

http://dupli-color.in.th/web/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=38

Theres also a degreaser but havent tried it yet.

http://dupli-color.in.th/web/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=39

anyway, hope this helps .

im up in CNX, but i think one of those thai autoparts or possibly even a small hardware store may have it...if theres a place that sells lots of motor oil, id give them a shot.

stuff cost the same as Veloil

im up in CNX, but i think one of those thai autoparts or possibly even a small hardware store may have it...if theres a place that sells lots of motor oil, id give them a shot.

Where in CM did you pick it up? I want to try some. I found the Techchain ceramic white wax goo works ok ( doesn't wash off easily, seems to lubricate well) - but it looks a bit off.

Where in CM did you pick it up? I want to try some. I found the Techchain ceramic white wax goo works ok ( doesn't wash off easily, seems to lubricate well) - but it looks a bit off.

At the chang puak road and rajaphat university intersection....if your going towards the superhighway, its the shop by the police box. Its behind the counter up top.

Eventhough the veloil stuff says no-fling - it flings everywhere... this Kemex stuff seems to fling even less...after 200 kilos it still feels like a fresh application, unlike the veloil. It goes on thinner, but thickens up slower than the veloil initially...

Ive never used wax or canned lithium grease, but honestly i think this is probably the best stuff ive used so far in thailand, and maybe even stateside. Ive tried the teflon Superlube from Homepro too, and Kemex is better. The Superlube is a dust magnet and doesnt feel as smooth.

Thanks. The cost isn't too much of an issue other than I don't like dumping too many satang into something when trying out anything unknown.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks. The cost isn't too much of an issue other than I don't like dumping too many satang into something when trying out anything unknown.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ive tried a lot of stuff...and my wallets starting to show it ! :(

Havent been caught in the rain yet, but i just sprayed a metal ruler with Kemex to see how it reacts with water. It didnt wash off and the water beads. I just took this video, you can see the water drop floating back and forth.....on the right side of the ruler at the end of the video there is no Kemex applied.

• Like 1

just happened to rain lightly today and road around a bit, funk all over the chain guard, chain looks the same as yesterday, feels the same, stuff didnt get washed off....

• 1 month later...

Kudos to OP for sharing where Kemex lube can be purchased in Chiang Mai. Bought a can yesterday, 80 baht only!

I lubed the chain yesterday evening and rode the bike for about 15 kms today. Noticed some slight fling on the rear of the number plate, but will probably happen with any oil type chain lube. I also use Bosny lithium grease and I did not notice any fling with it; however, it is grease and a bit more sticky.

The Kemex lube does appear to leave a nice residual film on the chain.

So far so good smile.png

Kudos to OP for sharing where Kemex lube can be purchased in Chiang Mai. Bought a can yesterday, 80 baht only!

I lubed the chain yesterday evening and rode the bike for about 15 kms today. Noticed some slight fling on the rear of the number plate, but will probably happen with any oil type chain lube. I also use Bosny lithium grease and I did not notice any fling with it; however, it is grease and a bit more sticky.

The Kemex lube does appear to leave a nice residual film on the chain.

So far so good smile.png

post-2362-0-25174200-1387439355_thumb.jp

*Don't know why my pic won't attach...