Annoying 7-Eleven doorbell only in Thailand?

Dag Ekeberg

I’ve spent half an hour on Google and can’t seem to find the answer: Does the 7-Eleven chain have such horrendous doorbells in other countries? Or no doorbells? Or softer versions?

I can’t believe that people in the west will put up with this earsplitting sound when they enter a store.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive spent half an hour on Google and cant seem to find the answer: Does the 7-Eleven chain have such horrendous doorbells in other countries? Or no doorbells? Or softer versions?

I cant believe that people in the west will put up with this earsplitting sound when they enter a store.

I guess someone is really bored and needs a hobby smile.png

I’m so glad you took time out of your busy day to not answer my question.

Anyone has some real input?

• Like 1

So, is it only in Thailand? And if so, why? There are always plenty of kids in green shirts milling about the counter, no way they’re going to miss a new customer.

I suspect the next post will be a praise of the new bahtbus air horns. The more noise the better.

• Like 1

I just walked out of a 7-11 in Queensland ten minutes ago. Yes, it had a doorbell but it was more melodious and softer on the ear than the Thai ones.

I don't know if they all have them though. From memory, the service (gas) station 7-11's do not.

I trust this is of interest to the members here on TV awaiting the answer.

• Like 2

So, is it only in Thailand? And if so, why? There are always plenty of kids in green shirts milling about the counter, no way they’re going to miss a new customer.
I suspect the next post will be a praise of the new bahtbus air horns. The more noise the better.

Dag if all you can find to complain about in Thailand is the 7/11 customer alert dingdong sound, maybe you should

take long break on a quet island somewhere and relax mate. thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

Thank you, Jock. Now, people, please be forthcoming with information, this is for a project, it’s important.

Edited by Dag Ekeberg

Dag if all you can find to complain about in Thailand is the 7/11 customer alert dingdong sound, maybe you should

take long break on a quet island somewhere and relax mate. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif> coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Thank you, Phuket’s pride and joy. Now, people, please be forthcoming with information, this is for a project, it’s important.

Important for what?? you taking over the 7-11 outfit?? or just too much free time on your hands ??

• Like 2

take long break on a quet island somewhere and relax mate. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif> coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Thank you, Phuket’s pride and joy. Now, people, please be forthcoming with information, this is for a project, it’s important.

Important for what?? you taking over the 7-11 outfit?? or just too much free time on your hands ??

What’s with these members wasting their time complaining that I have too much time…?

Anyway, I’ve seen enough protests about this on the net to find it interesting. Bear with me here.

• Like 1

take long break on a quet island somewhere and relax mate. thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

Thank you, Jock. Now, people, please be forthcoming with information, this is for a project, it’s important.

Will you be doing a comparison with the annoying dong sound which precedes the 'proat saap, Mr Li from China .........' type announcements in the department stores?

Part of the project to cure Cancer or solve World Hunger no doubt 5555

But to answer... Local 711 in Sydney, West used a 'door bell' this evening when I walked in... I am quite sure its been there since the servo turned into a 711, but I have never paid that much attention.... I do not get involved in such high level, detailed projects.

Edited by x0r1987
  • Like 2

Depends on the country. Some use it some don't. It's definitely not only Thailand.

How will he ever solve world hunger with such un-informed replies!

This issue needs details! Country, type of door, type of bell, ect!!!

Think man!!! think!!!

:P :P /Sarcasm.... Yeah.. I am bored.

• Like 2

Depends on the country. Some use it some don't. It's definitely not only Thailand.

Think man!!! think!!!

:P :P /Sarcasm.... Yeah.. I am bored.

You think it's easy listening to that noise daily, all day long while drinking Chang right outside? :)

• Like 1

Think man!!! think!!!

tongue.pngtongue.png /Sarcasm.... Yeah.. I am bored.

You think it's easy listening to that noise daily, all day long while drinking Chang right outside? smile.png

If you are decent at drinking, you should forget the noise after 8-9 cans 555

Perhaps 15-16 for some people.... haha..