Maya Shopping Center Presentation Video

roger1999

Quotes : "Maya an urban living lifestyle centre" whatever that means.

"Maya ...the heart and soul of Chiang Mai" another nail in the coffin of Loh Kroi Rd.blink.png

"Maya an urban living lifestyle centre" means the same thing as 'Promanada resort mall'.

All these new shopping centers seem to be aiming at the BKK yuppy market. If the Prom is any indication of the traffic that another CM mall will bring, then there are no worries as the Prom seems like a ghost mall on the several occasions that I've been. Not complaining, as I don't like the crowds and lack of decent parking of KSK and AP.

If you were going to spend billions of Baht on a development project, wouldn't you want to get the promotional materials just right? Wouldn't you think to have English text & narration checked by a native speaker before sending them out into the world? Or would that mean a loss of face for someone in the marketing team? The mall itself looks ok to me as far as malls go, but I'm always surprised to see such tortured & error-strewn English being used to promote big money housing developments, condos and shopping centers in Thailand.

If you were going to spend billions of Baht on a development project, wouldn't you want to get the promotional materials just right? Wouldn't you think to have English text & narration checked by a native speaker before sending them out into the world? Or would that mean a loss of face for someone in the marketing team? The mall itself looks ok to me as far as malls go, but I'm always surprised to see such tortured & error-strewn English being used to promote big money housing developments, condos and shopping centers in Thailand.

You are right it is Thailand they should use Thai.

• 3 weeks later...

I live just behind. We watched its building process since the beginning last year.

My wife always told me she wanted to be at a walking distance from a mall. Her jubilation!402.gif

I just hope to find a Rimping kinna grocery store there. I cook, she cleans. licklips.gif

Edited by Gil

Some years ago Winnie t K launched a question - which was the worst intersection in/around the city? This was it. Morning traffic ought not to be worse by much, but just thinking about N and S traffic on Canal after 10 or 11 (opening time) gives a great headache, particularly when tied to the developments to the north and west. Beauty and pace are crumbling fast.

So it goes.

Edited by CMX

Yes, I can see it all now.... the promotional literature for Chiang Mai will now read...

Feel right at home in Thailand! A City with umpteen major shopping malls just like home! Gucci, Cartier - All the major brands in each mall. Shop till you drop in air-conditioned comfort! Eat at McDonald's just like at home. Chiang Mai!

Elephants? Hill tribes? Genuine handicrafts? Nah - those silly things are banned from our luxurious malls! Beaches? Sorry - not here.

But come visit Chiang Mai! Your shopping haven only 11,000 km from home.

LOS - Land of Shopping!

A mall is a mall is a mall and they are all same same to me.

One way to minimize traffic and be handy to the hi so yuppy BKK tourists would be to have a 'CM mall bus tour'

that would make the rounds from mall to mall to mall. could easily be a loop route and cover all the malls of CM.

Once again the bizarre fascination by farangs with hideous shopping malls.

It is the Thais who are fascinated by 'hideous shopping malls'. They pack into Central Airport Plaza every weekend. Most Westerners, especially many of those who have moved here, have no love for soulless malls whatsoever. So now we have Promenada, Central Festival, Star Street, Central Airport, the well-worn KSK, and now this MAYA monster. Has saturation been met, or exceeded? Time will tell.

A mall is a mall is a mall and they are all same same to me.

One way to minimize traffic and be handy to the hi so yuppy BKK tourists would be to have a 'CM mall bus tour'

that would make the rounds from mall to mall to mall. could easily be a loop route and cover all the malls of CM.

Might have to be a two day tour

Once again the bizarre fascination by farangs with hideous shopping malls.

It is the Thais who are fascinated by 'hideous shopping malls'. They pack into Central Airport Plaza every weekend. Most Westerners, especially many of those who have moved here, have no love for soulless malls whatsoever. So now we have Promenada, Central Festival, Star Street, Central Airport, the well-worn KSK, and now this MAYA monster. Has saturation been met, or exceeded? Time will tell.

I wouldn't call the Promenada hideous. It may not have the stores or food court you want but the mall itself I find to be nice.

As for central Festival and Star I have not been to either one of them. So I can't say. From the description of Central Festival it sounds like a big box with no life. But I have heard it has a few shops you won't find elsewhere. Have to get out and che3ck out the I max theater.

edit

The video for Maya looked good but then again will it live up to it. The location is the worst one possible in today's Chiang Mai,

Edited by hellodolly

• 7 months later...

So to those that have visited this shopping centre recently, what is your impression?

I was disappointed that some of the restaurants on level 4 have already been and gone while some others are still boarded-up promising that they are coming soon and were due to open on 1 April!

I wonder how many people are actually spending significant money there?

I go there several times a week. I haven't noticed any restaurant already going out of business. Unless I am mistaken, the only "boarded up" space is the unit that was suppose to be The Duke's before he decided to focus his efforts elsewhere for now.

The food court in the basement does a booming business as do most of the restaurants. As for the shops, I can't say.

I go there several times a week. I haven't noticed any restaurant already going out of business. Unless I am mistaken, the only "boarded up" space is the unit that was suppose to be The Duke's before he decided to focus his efforts elsewhere for now.

The food court in the basement does a booming business as do most of the restaurants. As for the shops, I can't say.

i cant see it working witghout a dept store