Maya Shopping Center Presentation Video

roger1999

Quotes : "Maya an urban living lifestyle centre" whatever that means.

"Maya ...the heart and soul of Chiang Mai" another nail in the coffin of Loh Kroi Rd.blink.png

Are you saying that Maya is going to cater to the bar and bar girls scene.

I missed that part.

No ice rink on this one.

Well, it all looks pretty good to me, but then I like these places-unlike most posters on TV it seems-but I dont suppose I will have it all to myself......

I like the restaurants, the movie theatres, and the outside top deck looks fun.

I suppose its progress, which many folks dont really like though

• Like 1

It looks like the Maya Mall will be a nice addition to those living in CM. Fortunately for me, I'll be able to walk there. Once this new mall opens, it should bring traffic to a stand still on the Nimanhemin, Huay Kaew intersection for sure. Maybe the CM City managers will now have to think seriously about implementing some sort of mass transit system in CM. :-)

I think the design could have been a lot worse in visual terms.

Right now it looks pretty low key from my location. Doesn't take up any more skyline and color choice is stealthy. It's practically same color as military aircraft and warships.

They will probably add big promotional LCD screens so not looking forward to that feature.

post-27132-0-25661200-1382841879_thumb.j

Right now it looks pretty low key from my location. Doesn't take up any more skyline and color choice is stealthy. It's practically same color as military aircraft and warships.

They will probably add big promotional LCD screens so not looking forward to that feature.

They'd have to, or people won't be able to find it in March.

• Like 2

I think the design could have been a lot worse in visual terms.

attachicon.gif2013-10-27 09.40.34.jpg

You'll need an extra powerful remote to change the channels once the tvs go up biggrin.png

Quotes : "Maya an urban living lifestyle centre" whatever that means.

"Maya ...the heart and soul of Chiang Mai" another nail in the coffin of Loh Kroi Rd.blink.png

Are you saying that Maya is going to cater to the bar and bar girls scene.

I missed that part.

No ice rink on this one.

I am sure you will see them there on shopping sprees with their Tirak.

I'm ready! Nice to see all this so close. Too bad they're not considering pedestrian entry across the Superhighway -- no evidence of a walkover bridge being built. But, that intersection already suffers from so much gridlock that it's fairly easy to walk thru the cars parked waiting for the light, provided you watch out for the motorcycles weaving in-and-out.

Walkover bridges are apparently not mandatory in any development in CM.Take Airport Plaza. Been there for how long ? Pedestrian crossing on HD Road is ignored by road users and the number of people that take to a hazardous crossing under the fly over is quite scary. If you happen to have a physical impediment or simple aged...tough luck

I'm ready! Nice to see all this so close. Too bad they're not considering pedestrian entry across the Superhighway -- no evidence of a walkover bridge being built. But, that intersection already suffers from so much gridlock that it's fairly easy to walk thru the cars parked waiting for the light, provided you watch out for the motorcycles weaving in-and-out.

I was thinking the same thing. With the aging (me) population they should consider pedestrian over passes with escalators like at Tesco where they can take shopping carts.

It was pretty obvious that the city was going to do nothing about the traffic when they approved the plans for the mall.

They are talking about a rapid transit and even have a proposed route for it. They just can't figure out what kind of a system would work. That is if they are even half way serious about it. Even with a rapid transit system it would only be a temporary relief for that intersection as the city continues to grow.sad.png

• Like 1