Director-General Orders “No Banquets and Festivals for 15-days.”

Lite Beer

Director-General Orders “No Banquets and Festivals for 15-days.”

2211.jpg
The Director-General of the National Police Bureau issued an urgent notice for entertainment centres to refrain from banquets and festivals for the duration of 15-days, to mourn Nyanasamvara Suvaddhana and police can immediately arrest anyone who disobeys this order.

PATTAYA – October 26, 2013 [PDN]: – At 2.00 am. Police Colonel Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, (the Superintendent of Pattaya City Police Station,) mobilized forces of the patrol officer’s police team to inspect entertainment spots in the area of Walking Street in South Pattaya, plus all over the Pattaya area, to disallow the playing of music and limit trading times to only 2.00am. every night for the duration of 15 days, (from October 25th – November 8th, 2013).

The Superintendent of Pattaya City Police Station inspected the entertainment centres in the area, after the Director-General of the National Police Bureau issued a urgent notice asking for cooperation from all entertainment centres to refrain from arranging any banquets and festivals for the duration of 15 days.

Read More: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/26/director-general-orders-no-banquets-and-festivals-for-15-days/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--Pattaya Daily News 2013-10-26

• Like 2

What a perfect way to rip off tourists and their friends and families who just arrive in Thailand without any clue of what's going on in Thai news,

Do you in all seriousness believe the first tourists who comes to Thailand will ever notice that nor have his head clear to realize that?

Must have been a genuinely beloved personage if the head of the national police has to issue arrest orders for anyone cracking a smile during an "official" mourning period.

It's sad when any country has to use the power of the law to enforce conformity to official dogmas and beliefs.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 2

don't need to get your panties in a twist

He ordered NOT to play music loud, which does not mean no music at all.

And ordered venues to shut down by 2am, which is the law anyway.

a) if everyone obeyed the law all of a sudden, where would the Royal Thai police turn for their incomes for 2 weeks?

cool.png what exactly is the definition of a banquet? Is it for the police to decide?

c) wait for the alcohol sales ban too

d) a gogo bar will have to play quiet music. Great. Will we be able to hear the gogo girls picking their noses or eavesdrop on their erudite conversations?

e) does the loud music ban apply also to the advertising screens. I know there is no skytrain in pattaya but the volume of advertising is unhealthy usually

f) I suppose the security guards will still be able to blow their whistles pointlessly all day...

the temples are usually the worst noise polluters on a busy day...

Edited by bangon04

don't need to get your panties in a twist

He ordered NOT to play music loud, which does not mean no music at all.

And ordered venues to shut down by 2am, which is the law anyway.

a) if everyone obeyed the law all of a sudden, where would the Royal Thai police turn for their incomes for 2 weeks?

cool.png what exactly is the definition of a banquet? Is it for the police to decide?

c) wait for the alcohol sales ban too

d) a gogo bar will have to play quiet music. Great. Will we be able to hear the gogo girls picking their noses or eavesdrop on their erudite conversations?

e) does the loud music ban apply also to the advertising screens. I know there is no skytrain in pattaya but the volume of advertising is unhealthy usually

f) I suppose the security guards will still be able to blow their whistles pointlessly all day...

the temples are usually the worst noise polluters on a busy day...

so whats your point? you prefer everything to be shut for 2 weeks?

Do you go to GoGo to listen to the music?

What advertising screens?

What does noise pollution have to do with music in clubs and bars?

Edited by lemoncake

Might be just the right time for that Enema I mentioned in another post relating to Pattaya, where, as I was once told by an eminent (Farang)Doctor,

is, "Where Old Farang Men Go To Die."

"My response at the time was, "God alone knows where they go AFTER, they've already been in HELL."

Edited by Torrens54

Might be just the right time for that Enema I mentioned in another post relating to Pattaya, where, as I was once told by an eminent (Farang)Doctor,

is, "Where Old Farang Men Go To Die."

"My response at the time was, "God alone knows where they go AFTER, they've already been in HELL."

Really coffee1.gif ??

cool.png what exactly is the definition of a banquet?

Not exactly sure, but I think it means the "balloon chasers" are going to go hungry for 15 days...

You can survive for a limited amount of time by just drinking water, about five days I think ....... hard times ahead for some.

cool.png what exactly is the definition of a banquet?

Not exactly sure, but I think it means the "balloon chasers" are going to go hungry for 15 days...

You can survive for a limited amount of time by just drinking water, about five days I think ....... hard times ahead for some.

I suppose they could get their hair shaved and some saffron robes if they were that desperate, the hard part would be getting up before 6am.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Why couldn't it just be something like, "The Director-General will not participate in any festivals or banquets for 15 days"? That strikes me as much less insane.....

I quite agree, if the hand wringing self flagellators just punished themselves without feeling the need to impose their small minded and petty insecurities on everyone else, the world would be a happier place.

Please remember Thailand is in official mourning.

Thank your lucky stars the sale of alcohol has not been banned and bars have not been closed, just told to tone it down for a few days, close on time and no partying.

I am sure if you take your complaint to the DG he will tell you it is not your country and you do not have to stay in Thailand.

• Like 1