Police confiscate Fishermans nets at Chaweng lake.....

Tonight i witnessed some form of Thai Police...{ unusual uniforms }...repremand,then confiscate a Poor Thai fishermans nets..There was a very heated standoff,involving lots of locals and the Police.

I personally think this is out of order,as all the anglers that i have seen are only fishing as a way of feeding themselves and theyre familys.No harm is caused by this as not huge amounts of fish are ever caught. Surely the Police would be far better off pursuing the islands Ice dealers or other wronguns...!!!!...coffee1.gif .LEAVE THEM ALONE...!!!!!

• Like 1

I mentioned the other day, on another thread, that a local had told me that there were a lot of dead fish in Chawang Lake....

Perhaps they (police?) were trying to prevent people from fishing because the water is obviously poisoned, by some thing, so perhaps this was done for their own good (?) bah.gif

That's not not locals that are fishing there.

Burmese guest workers.

Have to disagree with that, PS .... not just Burmese ! I have been down there on several occasions with locals.... so it's probably a mix of both... I can't always tell a Burmese from a Thai!rolleyes.gif

The "Thai local" who told me there were dead fish, and knew enough not to try with so many dead fish! wink.png

Usually or used to be fairly busy on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

its the same in england u cannot fish in some places other places u need a licence to keep the numbers of fisherman down in the same spots.

the police arrrest people back home also.

like some said their are signs everywhere plus we are surounded by sea so not a shirtage of places to fish.

Burmese guest workers.

How do you know they were Burmese quest workers did they have different tee shirts to Thai workers.

maybe only took the burmease nets lol

• Like 1

Burmese guest workers.

maybe the Thais called the police on the Burmease. then the police took their nets arrested the bermease and gave the nets to the locals at a discount. lol

or not?????

also i am sure if they were smoking Ice then they would have nicked them for that also.

It is like everything over hear. helmets, fishing extra.

just because u get away with it a number of time does not mean that it has suddenly become illegal. just means that you were in the wrong time at the wrong place when the BIB done a CRACK down.

Seen forangs crying like babies because they have to spend the night in Jail for drink driving in new year. pathetic. We can all drink drive ride with no helmet, fish what ever it is not a problem until you get caught or have a crash be you driving.

U cannot have a go at the police because they happened to be doing there job that day. If that is the case then you should complain that they should have arrested these people yesterday and the day before that and that.

I have seen forangs ( and thais ) drive past police stations with cans of beer in their hands whilst driving a bike. some people just take the piss too far. they might get away with it that day but odds are that if they always do this then when they do have a crack down that person might get the book thrown at him.

• Like 1

There was an effort to stock the lake for the purpose of sport fishing; catch and release maybe the bib are on board with that program

Indeed. If you get caught using a net you can't claim to be doing it for sport but if it's a rod and reel you can, even if it is with the intent of running away and cooking your catch.

There was an effort to stock the lake for the purpose of sport fishing; catch and release maybe the bib are on board with that program

Indeed. If you get caught using a net you can't claim to be doing it for sport but if it's a rod and reel you can, even if it is with the intent of running away and cooking your catch.

its like anything. give an inch take a mile or a fish

glad tghat they are nicking them or the lake shall be empty in 5 minutes like the sea has been traelled out pretty much!

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1