Indian tourists lied that their jewellery was stolen by 'ladyboy' thieves in Pattaya

webfact

Indian Tourists Lied That Their Jewellery Was Stolen By ’Lady-Boy’ Thieves

pdn213.jpg
Police Lieutenant Colonel Chuangchot Mongkholthanayuth, (an investigation officer at Pattaya City Police Station), was notified by two Indian tourists, that their fine gold necklaces and lockets, which were valued at approximated 1-million THB (Thai baht), were stolen by Pattaya ‘lady-boys,’ so the police investigation team investigated these serious allegations.

PATTAYA – October 28, 2013 [PDN]; One Indian tourist named Mr. Sushil Eumar, aged 57-years old, together with his Indian friend, told the police that while they were walking near Pattaya Beach, 3-‘lady-boys’, walked up and closely besieged them, dispossessing the Indians of their valuable ornaments which were fine gold necklaces (22 karats) and lockets, which they stated as having. a value of approximated 1-million THB (Thai baht).

The police revealed that after the initial investigation, they became very suspicious, due to the fact that the value of the lost jewellery was unlikely to be 1-million THB (over US.$300.000). Then the police let the tourists view photographs of local ‘lady-boys’ in their criminal history file, but they didn’t recognise anyone.

Therefore the police investigation team questioned them very seriously again, until both of them confessed that they didn’t know where they had lost their fine gold necklaces and lockets. Furthermore the two tourists admitted that there were no ‘lady-boys’ involved in this case, so initially, the police have released them on a daily notification bond, pending the collection of further evidence.

No doubt the police would be wondering if the stolen items really did exist and why anyone would be strolling around with such expensive jewellery.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/28/indian-tourists-lied-that-their-jewellery-was-stolen-by-lady-boy-thieves/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-10-28

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians in Pattaya wearing jewelry to the tune of USD 30,000 (not $ 300.00 as the article says)? When usually they are so cheap that 3 of them share one bed with 3 ladyboys? Right!

The article is from Pattaya Daily news

I'm not sure any comment was required on either it's accuracy or journalistic skills.

»...the value of the lost jewellery was unlikely to be 1-million THB (over US.$300.000).«

Eh – 30 x 300,000 = 9 million bath, just right out of my head, and an electronic calculater may confirm that. whistling.gif

Opps! I meant 30,000, typo. OK, actually 33,000. Still hell of a lot of money.

Therefore the police investigation team questioned them very seriously again, until both of them confessed that they didn’t know where they had lost their fine gold necklaces and lockets. Furthermore the two tourists admitted that there were no ‘lady-boys’ involved in this case, so initially, the police have released them on a daily notification bond, pending the collection of further evidence.

No doubt the police would be wondering if the stolen items really did exist and why anyone would be strolling around with such expensive jewellery.

cheesy.gif

The trouble is that the media stereotype of a Ladyboy is so negative that it's easy for people to believe any story that involves a Ladyboy being a thief.

This stereotype is factually incorrect. Ladyboys are not more likely to be thieves.. if you find that statement hard to accept then I suggest that your experience of ladyboys is limited only to a few examples that hang around beach road or 2nd road Pattaya or some touristy areas in Bangkok.

Of course there are criminal Ladyboys, but the vast majority are decent and honest people who just want a chance to get on with their lives and be treated with respect.

Most of them speak a better English than Inidish people speak. Time for the Indians to fly back home on their carpets and brooms.-w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Maybe Indians are giving false statement.

According to Indian customs, if someone is leaving country with this huge amount of gold jewelry, they has to declare it on airport before leaving India.

On the other hand, assume they purchased it here in Thailand, than it's impossible to carry that amount of gold back to India as man are allowed to carry only 10 grams of gold provided their stay in a foreign country should exceeds 3 days.

In any condition, that amount of gold will be confiscated in India.

Edited by nachiket
  • Like 2

I have heard of a number of false police reports made so tourists would then return home and file loss claims with their personal or travel insurance. The insurance companies require some 'proof of loss' and a police report is the best.

Seems I heard in Pattaya a number of years ago that the Police were so over run with this kind of report that they issued a public warning that false claim filers would be prosecuted.

ok... i guess they got a free hotel room for the week after they told the manager there was a cockroach in the room, they had a few free lunches after pretending to find fingernails in the soup, they got a free spa after saying they are editors for a lifestyle magazine, they nicked a few paper cups from 7-11, and they got free 5ex after refusing to pay the hooker ladyboys in the morning... so they wasted a few hours with one trick that didn't quite work out but i'm sure they still had a great time in thailand and will be back next year... with more friends