Do you still use toilet paper?

2 bar??

We have 6 bar. For a time we had 8 but it got reduced to 6 again.

toilet paper....if you have many hair there...the water is not enough.....

I beg to differ ... and I'm rather hairy down there. For sure paper is just going to smear it. But a skillfully applied, rater high-pressure spraying will indeed do the job. Practice makes perfect. 555

I must say this is one of the best discussions (disgutssions?) I've seen in several years of reading tv.com. It's actually an interesting subject, albeit a bit gross and funny at the same time. 

I don't know how many previous posters are still here, but I must ask: Has anyone here who still wipes their butt been convinced to switch to the bum gun? Really ... you can tell us. Don't be shy. 555

Think you ought to go back and read my post.

Bum gun, water on it's own cleans nothing, it just removes stuff, it does not clean. Soap and water cleans. rolleyes.gif Do you wash the dishes or your car with just water ? Eeeeeeeeer, noooooooo rolleyes.gif. Well you might.......laugh.png

It does a better job than tissue at least.  Could you imagine using tissue to wipe some dirt off your dishes or car?

Water on its own is fine. I think soap ever time you have a turd may be going a bit far.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think exactly the same. You wouldn't clean mud off a bike with a towel would you?

I have to say this is the one thing Thailand has right. I live in the UK again now and I hate to think of the state of people here. I brought a bum gun home to England but I used the shower whenever at home before I had it or a bidet.

I don't use toilet paper any more , only for my nose as cheap tisues.

But I took it a bit further than you posters here.

I started a post , but weirdly enough , a lot of negativity , from the people who , I guessed would be the most familiar with the practice.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632600-health-hazards-of-cleaning-bowels-with-thai-water/

When back in europa , no bumgun , so after wiping with TP , I wash the area with soap in the shower.

Of course I do. Wash first with the bum gun. Then wipe down with the paper. Repeat the process if necessary. Use BOTH for maximum cleanliness and dryness. Using just paper is gross, but so is just using the water spray and getting your underwear soaked or having poop water dribble down your leg when you stand up.

Of course I do. Wash first with the bum gun. Then wipe down with the paper. Repeat the process if necessary. Use BOTH for maximum cleanliness and dryness. Using just paper is gross, but so is just using the water spray and getting your underwear soaked or having poop water dribble down your leg when you stand up.

Don't you get soggy bits of toilet tissues stuck to you bum?

Never had a problem with soaked underwear ... I haven't worn any for forty-plus years ... nor with water dribbling down. The first few times I tried drying off with paper but it just got soggy and tore, and my bare fingers wiped my anus instead. No thanks ... I'm perfectly fine with drip dry.

What a bunch of perverts we are ... here debating who has the superior ass-wiping technique. You're all sick! 555

Many Isarn ladies do not use toilet paper.  How do I know?  My wife and I went to her brother's mei noi's apartment but no toilet paper in the toilet but just the water spray.  Guess nothing wrong with that when you get used to it.  Try it and you might like it!

Some ppl are so used to water that they even use a bottle of water to wash usually in public toilet places like gas station bathrooms. That's kind of gross in a way and if done wrongly it seems to be worse than using TP.

If you need to use water you need to use it with the spray.

Edited by snake24

Since this is a subject.

I use paper.

Question to you who use the spray:

How do you dry your butt and hole after the spray? Selfdrying in the undies??

Sometimes when I run out of paper to dry I reach for the Snake Brand prickly heat powder.

A few handfulls of that and you are as dry as a monk. 

I think this is the first TV article I have ever read that, not only does not knock the Thais and their way of life, but actually most admit it is a lot cleaner and more civilized to use a bum gun.

I stopped using toilet paper years ago and it is one aspect of going back to UK that i find primitive.

Hear, hear! Got to give credit where it's due. So nice to see a little Thai praising for a change here on tv.com.

So your another guy with wet gray flannels in the bum region. ....................laugh.png (flannels are trousers)whistling.gif

Actually there's very little water left after spraying and it quickly dries. Never been a problem. Also, the "gray flannels" ... if I wore them ... would stay gray. 

You've been spotted.........................

[attachment=238438:bumgun.jpg]

biggrin.png

would never ever use paper again, i love the bum gun its just so clean, and yea if you have a bit left over you can aim the gun at the right angle relax your anus and it will gurggle out nicely, took four back to england for my b&b customers loved them mind you had to fit presure reducing valves!!!! rolleyes.gif

Thanks for reminding me, have visitors coming from UK, will need to buy some..

as for me and toilet paper yes bought a big pack in 2003, not a lot left, so have now remembered and added to shopping list..  

Since this is a subject.

I use paper.

Question to you who use the spray:

How do you dry your butt and hole after the spray? Selfdrying in the undies??

Undies..?? Not since a child.

Self dry is about 30 seconds - paper completely unnecessary.

Water with soap kills bacteria and most proper way for hot and humid country like Thailand, paper sometimes not properly clean and here you cannot trash inside the bowl directly like others European countries in the basket the gets 'Airborne' not good for adult and children at home even with cover dangerous bacteria still breath inside .

Use a combination of both .

+1

anto, we are the cleanest of them all!

A post like this deserves an honest answer.

I use my finger and also write with it on the walls.  Mostly obscenities...   cheesy.gif

Edited by ABCer

Water with soap kills bacteria and most proper way for hot and humid country like Thailand, paper sometimes not properly clean and here you cannot trash inside the bowl directly like others European countries in the basket the gets 'Airborne' not good for adult and children at home even with cover dangerous bacteria still breath inside .

Not sure what modern apartment you live but my gun just dispenses water, no soap. Good enough for me.

As for not trashing the bowl with paper (after drying), why not? I do. Very seldom it gets blocked and on the odd occasion it has (too much chilli) the bum gun aimed at the right spot has released the pressure just fine. No need for a plunger in my house.