Do you still use toilet paper?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as you say to dry, it then goes in a waste bin NOT down the loo to cause problems.

When I go back to the UK I never feel as fresh and certainly not as clean thats for sure.

Given my Avatar, I dont like "klingons"......lol

OMG, it has been a long held notion in Australia that "POMS" (the word was an affectionate term for "Prisoners Of Mother England" although somehow, the "E" went missing, or it would have been "POMES." Anyway, we were always told that "Poms are allergic to soap and water."

When I visited the UK, I of course discovered this to be a bare-faced lie as the POMS took a bath every Saturday night, even if they thought they didn't need one.

Now I am shocked to find a Real Live POM who uses a Thai Fire Hose to clean his Butt.

Good for you and Bottoms Up!

(Please note, not intended to insult anyone, just wanted to tell the story.)

And how do you deal with a French toilet, only with a bucket? And no tissue aeehh toilet paper around? Guess it's all okay, but people should wash their hands afterwards with soap, not just watching soap operas.

Thais certainly not use toilet paper and most of them do not wash their hands afterwards properly. smile.png

And then the papaya and sticky rice eating ceremony, where all are using their hands. w00t.gif

What doesn't kill people, makes them stronger....bah.gif

Might be the reason why people in India eat only with their right hand and leave the left one under the table. -wai2.gif

I can confirm what the op says having just smeared myself with peanut butter. Unfortunately there don't appear to be any bum guns in Central and the bog roll has made a right mess of it. I was hoping to wait until closing time before venturing of my cubicle but the cleaning lady is getting a bit suspicious.

I doubt if it would attract much attention if you strutted down a Thai street covered in peanut butter. You may have a gang of soi dogs following you home though. biggrin.png

Bum gun is a great device but does nothing, cleans nothing. bah.gif

The procedure for a clean bum.

1. Dump

2. Remove access stuff with paper.

3.Go to the sink, soap and water to clean the area.

4.Back to the loo and blast the soap off.

5.Stand up and dry area with towel.

You can pay by PayPal for this information regarding you daily smelly bum fix.

smile.png

• Like 1

1. Dump

smile.png

So you have 2 toilets in your bathroom then?

Which one do you brush your teeth at?

What a bummer to use toilet paper.....seriously unhygienic.

I can't go back to the "old" way and so I bought 3 of the bum showers and fitted them to the wc's here in my house in Dublin.

I just tell visitors they are for cleaning the loo itself rather than have to explain.

• Like 1

1. Dump

smile.png

So you have 2 toilets in your bathroom then?

Which one do you brush your teeth at?

Now come on rolleyes.gif , do we have to start a topic to help you out with your teeth..............coffee1.gif

"To proof my method, just put some peanut butter on your skin (no, not your an-us but your arm or so) and try to clean it with toilet paper. You won't get it clean unless you use 6 meter of the white stuff. With a spray gun it is just point and shoot and all your problems disappear."

That's just nasty. I guess I won't be eating peanut butter in a long while.

[attachment=238385:FDXFI03FBJIMRIO.LARGE.jpg]

After almost six decades of wiping my butt with paper ... and a couple of years of using a toiled sprayer ... it now seems down right barbaric and gross to use toilet paper. I've even installed toilet sprayers in my USA home's bathrooms.

Given the consistency of feces, you don't so much "wipe" with toilet paper as you do "spear" ... so I really hate it when I'm somewhere where I have to use a toilet that doesn't have a sprayer. Afterwards  I find myself walking with my legs more apart so as to keep my butt cheeks ajar. And first thing I do when I can is to give the soiled area a good spraying or take a shower. Yes, I can see where this might seem silly to some ... but it's true. I guess ... in the toilet, at least ... I've gone native. 

I'm moving back to the States, and already thinking of how to install a bum gun there. I've been toilet paper free for years, and have no intention of going back to the barbasity of smeering with tissue.

Paper to dry, sometimes, as a luxury, but not a nessesity.  Shake it out.

Paper? How uncivilized.

I don't think they are any different from the sprayer on a kitchen sink. A person should be able to put a "T" in the water line to the toilet and with the right fittings simply attach it?   Link

I think this is the first TV article I have ever read that, not only does not knock the Thais and their way of life, but actually most admit it is a lot cleaner and more civilized to use a bum gun.

I stopped using toilet paper years ago and it is one aspect of going back to UK that i find primitive.

Hear, hear! Got to give credit where it's due. So nice to see a little Thai praising for a change here on tv.com.

I think this is the first TV article I have ever read that, not only does not knock the Thais and their way of life, but actually most admit it is a lot cleaner and more civilized to use a bum gun.

I stopped using toilet paper years ago and it is one aspect of going back to UK that i find primitive.

Hear, hear! Got to give credit where it's due. So nice to see a little Thai praising for a change here on tv.com.

So your another guy with wet gray flannels in the bum region. ....................laugh.png (flannels are trousers)whistling.gif

I haven't used toilet paper for many years. Even on visits to countries with no bum gun. I clean myself with water underneath, after flushing, then flush again. Tiolet paper is so unhygenic. Same with using a handkerchief - not used one of them for many years.

I love the story of an Englishman gentleman and an Indian gentleman walking down the street in Bombay. They observe an old man close one nostril with his finger and then blow snot on the street ... and then does the same to the opposite nostril.

The Englishman says "That's disgusting." And the Indian then says "Well, he thinks it just as disgusting when an Englishman blows snot into a handkerchief and then puts in his pocket."

Two different worlds. 

2 bar??

We have 6 bar. For a time we had 8 but it got reduced to 6 again.

toilet paper....if you have many hair there...the water is not enough.....

I beg to differ ... and I'm rather hairy down there. For sure paper is just going to smear it. But a skillfully applied, rater high-pressure spraying will indeed do the job. Practice makes perfect. 555

I must say this is one of the best discussions (disgutssions?) I've seen in several years of reading tv.com. It's actually an interesting subject, albeit a bit gross and funny at the same time. 

I don't know how many previous posters are still here, but I must ask: Has anyone here who still wipes their butt been convinced to switch to the bum gun? Really ... you can tell us. Don't be shy. 555

2 bar??

I beg to differ ... and I'm rather hairy down there. For sure paper is just going to smear it. But a skillfully applied, rater high-pressure spraying will indeed do the job. Practice makes perfect. 555

I must say this is one of the best discussions (disgutssions?) I've seen in several years of reading tv.com. It's actually an interesting subject, albeit a bit gross and funny at the same time. 

I don't know how many previous posters are still here, but I must ask: Has anyone here who still wipes their butt been convinced to switch to the bum gun? Really ... you can tell us. Don't be shy. 555

Think you ought to go back and read my post.

Bum gun, water on it's own cleans nothing, it just removes stuff, it does not clean. Soap and water cleans. rolleyes.gif Do you wash the dishes or your car with just water ? Eeeeeeeeer, noooooooo rolleyes.gif. Well you might.......laugh.png 

So your another guy with wet gray flannels in the bum region. ....................laugh.png (flannels are trousers)whistling.gif

Actually there's very little water left after spraying and it quickly dries. Never been a problem. Also, the "gray flannels" ... if I wore them ... would stay gray. 

That's, we have reached the end, all thinkable subjects have been discussed on TV.
This must surely be a new low. How about we re-open the "rain" thread again?

The funniest response I've read in a year. Well done for cheering me up OP and responder. Peanut butter is pretty expensive here though.

2 bar??

Bum gun, water on it's own cleans nothing, it just removes stuff, it does not clean. Soap and water cleans. rolleyes.gif Do you wash the dishes or your car with just water ? Eeeeeeeeer, noooooooo rolleyes.gif. Well you might.......laugh.png

Believe me, pal ... I'm sure I'm doing it correctly. I am a very detail-oriented and hygienic kinda guy. When I first converted to the spray I test wiped afterwards to see if there was a tale-tale (or is it, tail-tale) sign of feces on the paper. Sometimes there was, but that served as bio-feed back that enabled me to perfect my spraying skills. 

Now, I'm not saying it leaves my anus aseptically sterile ... and I definitely don't do a smell test ... but I've perfectly satisfied with the results ... a thousand-fold more so than with paper. 

2 bar??

Believe me, pal ... I'm sure I'm doing it correctly. I am a very detail-oriented and hygienic kinda guy. When I first converted to the spray I test wiped afterwards to see if there was a tale-tale (or is it, tail-tale) sign of feces on the paper. Sometimes there was, but that served as bio-feed back that enabled me to perfect my spraying skills. 

Now, I'm not saying it leaves my anus aseptically sterile ... and I definitely don't do a smell test ... but I've perfectly satisfied with the results ... a thousand-fold more so than with paper. 

You haven't read my post on the perfect non smelly bum have you rolleyes.gif , AND, No.2 in the sequence requires good ol' paper. thumbsup.gif...........laugh.png

Edited by transam

Great advocate of the wash and wipe.  But as others have said, when the ubiquitous "bum gun" is not available I do miss the feeling of feeling really clean.  Has anyone encountered one of the loos where you have a bowl floating in a bucket of water?  Tried doing a head stand and throwing the water at my butt, but only had limited success for some reason - still saved having a shower later onw00t.gif

My suspicion is the Thais simply sit in the bucket instead of playing with the bowl. No supportive evidence, just a hunch.

Sharing is caring, eh ?