Watch seller gang attack and injure Russian tourist In Pattaya

webfact

Watch Seller Gang Attack And Injure A Russian Tourist In Pattaya

pdn214.jpg

Copy-watch sellers beat-up a Russian tourist for not buying their watches, after he tried some of them on and then found that they were fakes. The man had cuts and bruises on his face and body, so police are investigating this vicious crime that was committed by a gang of 6-8 men.

PATTAYA – October 28th, 2013 [PDN]; – An officer from Pattaya Police Station reported a crime where a gang of 6-8 copy-watch sellers beat-up a Russian tourist in Soi Sakao Beach Hotel, off Pattaya Second Road, and the police brought an investigation unit to the crime scene.

At the crime scene, there were a lot of foreign tourists, who had congregated to watch the scenario, and they found 30-year old, Russian Mr.Andrey Pratasov, with his 3-compatriots, waiting to give their testimony to police. Mr. Pratasov had cuts and bruises on his face and body and he stated to the police that there were 6-8 watch sellers who appeared to be in a gang.

They said the watches were good and genuine, so he asked to try them on, but then he realised that they were fake products. Because of this, he did not buy any of them, so the copy-watch sellers got very annoyed and beat him up very badly.

The police checked the CCTV footage at the place where the crime occurred and found that the group of watch sellers had indeed beaten the man, so the police took this as evidence.

When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/28/watch-seller-gang-attack-and-injure-a-russian-tourist-in-pattaya/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-10-28

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

• Like 2

Something's fishy about this story. The sellers know the watches are fake. Only an idiot buyer would not know the watches are fake. The beating was about trying watches on and then NOT buying, yes?

I haven't "shopped" for copy watches for years here but I don't remember it ever being that bad here if trying watches and not buying. Is this new? Are the watch sellers hungrier or something? Maybe Russians really want REAL name watches, many have the dosh.

I did have a vendor yell at me once and call me CRAZY for refusing to buy pants that wouldn't remotely fit me, and those I didn't even try on, I just looked at them for a minute. I also was once almost caught by the "you damaged it" gambit because I picked up a glass item for five seconds, but in that case I just walked away while they chased me and threatened to call the police ...

Edited by Jingthing

That's a fair point but even if the Russkies reacted strongly with words there is no excuse for a physical attack. I totally agree that AVOIDANCE gives the best chance of preventing violent encounters with thuggish Thais.

Also there is live and learn. I will NEVER touch a glass item on the street in Thailand again after that drama. No, I didn't damage it. It was 100 percent scam.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

That's a fair point but even if the Russkies reacted strongly with words there is no excuse for a physical attack. I totally agree that AVOIDANCE gives the best chance of preventing violent encounters with thuggish Thais.

Also there is live and learn. I will NEVER touch a glass item on the street in Thailand again after that drama. No, I didn't damage it. It was 100 percent scam.

"That's a fair point but even if the Russkies reacted strongly with words there is no excuse for a physical attack. " I agree with you 100% on that. I was not trying to excuse, in any way, that attack on them.

Like you said, avoidance is the best way. I lived in Jomtien for almost a year. I found most of them were there with their wives/girlfriends/families and just wanted to have a nice vacation. Yes, sometimes they can be a bit gruff and loud. But I never had any problems with any of the Russians there. I found that for many of them, it was literally their first trip outside their country and they are brand new to travelling in a different society. Helped more than a few with directions when I found them standing by the road with a map and confused looks on their faces. smile.png

• Like 2

Fake Watch Sellers beat-up Russian Tourist in Central Pattaya

russia-51.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A gang of between 6 to 8 Thai Fake Watch sellers assaulted a 30 year old Russian Tourist after he refused to purchase a watch he had broken after testing its authenticity which was guaranteed by the vendors.

Police arrived at Soi Skaw Beach Hotel off Pattaya Second Road in the early hours of Monday and met with Mr. Andrey Pratasov who had sustained minor injuries after the altercation with the gang.

He explained how one of the vendors attempted to sell him a branded wrist watch which he assured was real and waterproof. Mr. Pratasov decided to test the watch before buying it and placed it in a glass of water. The watch stopped working and Mr. Pratasov told the vendor that he would not purchase the watch as it was a fake.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/107220/fake-watch-sellers-beat-up-russian-tourist-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-29

Something's fishy about this story. The sellers know the watches are fake. Only an idiot buyer would not know the watches are fake. The beating was about trying watches on and then NOT buying, yes?

I haven't "shopped" for copy watches for years here but I don't remember it ever being that bad here if trying watches and not buying. Is this new? Are the watch sellers hungrier or something? Maybe Russians really want REAL name watches, many have the dosh.

I did have a vendor yell at me once and call me CRAZY for refusing to buy pants that wouldn't remotely fit me, and those I didn't even try on, I just looked at them for a minute. I also was once almost caught by the "you damaged it" gambit because I picked up a glass item for five seconds, but in that case I just walked away while they chased me and threatened to call the police ...

I saw a Thai vendor attack a tourist who didn't buy his tee-shirts in Soi Bangla a few years ago so I can support the fact that it does happen. The other market traders jumped in and pulled this quite obviously "off his tits on something vendor" off, as opposed to jumping in and helping the twunt. I guess back then the locals understood the need to protect the tourist dollar (unlike today it would seem)!

• Like 2

I bought a Rolex a few years back for B1000.

I asked the seller if the gold rubbed off could I get my money back.

She said that if the gold DIDN'T rub off he'd give me my money back.

It's getting worse. Tuk tuk mafia, jet ski mafia, lady boy mafia, and now fake watch mafia. Where will all this stop??

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

Just another group who were feeling left out of the tourist-beating trend, so we can now add them to the list...!

coughcoughbulshtcough

Everything aout this story is fictional.

I mean, I don't doubt he got his ass beat. But the means, the motive, the baffled cops? None of that went down like this article plays it.

Go to the cops and give your statement. What,you werent there? Get real.

Now you have!! facepalm.gif