Watch seller gang attack and injure Russian tourist In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may not know that if we hold the things Thais are selling and then we will not continue to buy the thing, it may not good to them.

That's why we notice some of them murmuring and telling something against us.

But those Thai beaten the Russian guy should be given a lesson

I do get a kick seeing some of these two week millionaires sporting their fake Tag/Rolex, fake Ray Bans, fake Boss shorts, fake Billabong T-Shirt, smoking fake ciggies from Cambodia, drinking fake JD, beside their fake titted companion, who is trying to figure out how to use the fake iPhone he just bought her. blink.png

End of story, guy got bashed for little reason. Looks like he could defend himself, not many Russians can't. T_I_T should be Thailand the Toilet. Weather or not he knew it was a fake or not. Getting bashed 8 on 1 is F_cked up.

The only thing dumber than this Russian guy is the person that buys a real one at retail.

When they call a watch or a ring an "investment" they are not lying.

It is an investment ... A bad one.

Has nothing to do with a guy getting bashed for looking at fake watches.

Yes, Yes. This idiot wanted to buy genuine Rolex watch for 2000 B. I'm bagging, he is 30 yrs old not 3 years old. facepalm.gif

<deleted> people this is what the newspaper is saying maybe 10% of its correct. Maybe went like this, you want to buy a watch , No, take a look. No they are fakes.

What you make me loose face, I'll call in 7 others to attack you as thats Thai's at there best.

Why do all the funny old men think the newspaper report is 100% factual? I'd say your average Russian who's know a thing or two about fakes.

I am not defending those selling fake things but when you complain of what you bought is fake, it is because of your ignorance of what you bought.

I hate people selling fake things and tell the buyers it's real

You're responding to sarcasm, DGIE, sarcasm.

There is NO WAY they beat him up just because he noticed they were fake and didn't want to pay.

My best guess is that the Russian guy was rude and caused the Thai vendor to lose face or risk losing face.

I have stopped and looked at fake watches many times, occasionally I'll even buy one. I have NEVER found a seller to less than polite.. but I'm always respectful.

I think you might be missing a major point here. If the tourist did get beat up, and he didn't throw the first punch, getting beat up is not alright, and arrests should be made. It's against the law and called, "assault."

As a side note: "Losing face" is not a f*cking reason to assault anyone. But, unfortunately, it appears assaulting someone seems too happen here in Thailand all too frequently for that reason. If "loosing face" is that important to Thais --because of whatever cultural reasons and influences-- either create a law where it's OK to assault someone because of "loosing face," or start arresting these moth*r f*ckers for assaulting people because of this. I'm not saying that this topic's article related assault was due to losing face, I'm just stating a related side note here.

Karma might haunt the Thais some day. Russiand are known to beat up Asians (in Russia) Since Russia and Thailand have some new reciprical visa waivers, the Thai tourists in Russia might be wise to start looking over their shoulders.

Eventually what goes around, comes around smile.png

Those Russian boys might have to call on Uncle Sasha to lend them a hand smile.png

• Like 1

When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating.

Will they kick out all Russians now? It's certainly true that some of them are very viscous criminals. -w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

This russian got what he deserved.

If he without asking the seller put the clock in a glass of water, he better buy it.

My 200 baht Rolex bought in a bar 5 years ago is still runnig perfect, with 2, 50 baht battery changes.

But I would't be stupid enough to put it in a glass of water (genuine Rolex or not smile.png )

• Like 1

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

Me neither, and I've seen a few, when I sepnt more time "down town" tho we all know how friendly these Russki's are?

first thing i learnd when i came to thailand, mew ow cab cop un cab, easy! never had a problem ,not to forget a smile at the same time, but if you look at them with a granite face and say niat niat!! you are giving out a bad demina and thais see it as hostile and they will react moral of the story dont be an ignorant bas---d and all will be well with youwai2.gif

Where is the information stating any watch was placed in water? I agree if that happened that's a different story but I don't see such a report. Not justifying violence of course but justifying a demand of compensation.

Post #18.

first thing i learnd when i came to thailand, mew ow cab cop un cab, easy! never had a problem ,not to forget a smile at the same time, but if you look at them with a granite face and say niat niat!! you are giving out a bad demina and thais see it as hostile and they will react moral of the story dont be an ignorant bas---d and all will be well with youwai2.gif

first thing i learnd when i came to thailand, mew ow cab cop un cab, easy.....

You're saying that: "Cat in a cab and a cop in a cab." And that should be easy? Guess I'll never understand this language.-w00t.gif

• Like 1

Where is the information stating any watch was placed in water? I agree if that happened that's a different story but I don't see such a report. Not justifying violence of course but justifying a demand of compensation.

Post #18.

Thanks.

IF that is true then the vendors had legal cause to force payment but not with violence. However, is it even legal to sell copy watches in the first place (if they are branded)? The vendors still deserve to be arrested.

• Like 2

Post #18.

Thanks.

IF that is true then the vendors had legal cause to force payment but not with violence. However, is it even legal to sell copy watches in the first place (if they are branded)? The vendors still deserve to be arrested.

Jing, should the fake guys, selling fake watches call fake cops? What would Russians in Moscow do, if a Thai's doing something similar? -w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

There is a fake/copy watch seller in Pattaya that invite potential customers to place the( copy of waterproof) watch in water, they provide the tank and allow 15 minutes for the watch to be tested.

They do not claim the watches to be genuine of course.

It is not an uncommon testing method( for a copy waterproof model)

he looks like ex para! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karma might haunt the Thais some day. Russiand are known to beat up Asians (in Russia) Since Russia and Thailand have some new reciprical visa waivers, the Thai tourists in Russia might be wise to start looking over their shoulders.

Eventually what goes around, comes around smile.png

Those Russian boys might have to call on Uncle Sasha to lend them a hand smile.png

Something's fishy about this story. The sellers know the watches are fake. Only an idiot buyer would not know the watches are fake. The beating was about trying watches on and then NOT buying, yes?

I haven't "shopped" for copy watches for years here but I don't remember it ever being that bad here if trying watches and not buying. Is this new? Are the watch sellers hungrier or something? Maybe Russians really want REAL name watches, many have the dosh.

I did have a vendor yell at me once and call me CRAZY for refusing to buy pants that wouldn't remotely fit me, and those I didn't even try on, I just looked at them for a minute. I also was once almost caught by the "you damaged it" gambit because I picked up a glass item for five seconds, but in that case I just walked away while they chased me and threatened to call the police ...

Well the security cameras showed it to be true.

The problem with profiling is it is general and Russians are known to be extremely rude.

the security camera does not report on what the Russian tourist said that might have precipitated the whole thing.

Six men attacked him and all he got was some cuts and bruises on his face. Doesn't sound like to big of an attack to me. Now if it had been one person doing the attacking that would be more notable. He should count himself lucky.

Amazing eh ? Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand. The cops don't give a shit about the tourists that are there, they know they will be replaced by thousands of others. There is no fair deal here, but they would be the first to complain and cry if 6-8 farangs gave them a hiding. Maybe it's about time it should be like that.

Of all the visiting nationalities to be in Pattaya, I would probably guess the Russians would actually give that a try....