Police target the farang again

CDNinKS

Made a left turn today at the intersection by the Post Office onto Petkasim road on a red light. Apparently that is illegal, at least for farangs.

Not apparently. It is illegal for all. But I see how you think you were targeted... umm how did he see it was a farang??

Just to balance the topic......My Thai wife has been pulled over for supposed infractions 3 times and I have been pulled over zero times, been driving two years so far. The only time she refused to pay was when she was caught parking on the approach to Swampy airport because the little one had vomited in the back seat. The cop still wanted 200 baht in the hand, so she told him no, it was wrong and he shouldn't do this kind of thing. She then went to the police station and she paid 400 baht fine instead. So everyone shares in the police tea money scam, even Thais.

I never said I was not in the wrong, I said that I was targeted and others just openly broke the law in front of the cop and he did nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The cop couldn't penalise anybody else as he was busy arguing with you. :D

• Like 1

Not quite the reaction from the group you were expecting, me thinks. You broke the law and regardless if you were a Thai or not you got caught at that particular moment. I am sure the police officer waited all day for the "one". Gotcha. I can hear him now talking at home with his wife and family...."you should have seen the look on this hairless monkeys face when I pulled him over.....third generation red neck, yapping on and on" .... that is the police officer talking not me!!!

Made a left turn today at the intersection by the Post Office onto Petkasim road on a red light. Apparently that is illegal, at least for farangs.

Not apparently. It is illegal for all. But I see how you think you were targeted... umm how did he see it was a farang??

The head was above the steering wheel? wink.png

but if he had you pulled over and was ticketing you, how was he supposed to stop others?

what did he do after you left, ill bet he pulled over the next person he could catch.

i love it when whitey screams discrimination.

'i love it when whitey screams discrimination' and this fans is a pefect example of an oxymoron :)

• Like 1

I never said I was not in the wrong, I said that I was targeted and others just openly broke the law in front of the cop and he did nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is what ever law breaker always say.. the should target someone else not me. Stupid remark actually you were wrong and fined leave it at that.

Well you admitted that you broke the law, what happen with everyone else doesn't matter as you got caught. Many times they fine both foreigners and Thai's for not wearing helmets or not having dl's. I have never seen them waving Thais pass at road blocks, but I have seen them wave foreigners pass. When stopped at road blocks they have always treated me with respect as I treat them with respect. Losing your cool in Thailand makes you a loser and it seems as if you lost your cool by pounding on the booth. Next time just don't break the law and you will not feel as if you are discriminated against.

• Like 2

Not quite the reaction from the group you were expecting, me thinks.

No, actually quite the opposite, exactly what I expected from this forum. Glad to see I can still get people's blood pressure up so early in the morning laugh.png

• Like 1

The headline should have read: Police target farang, who can't read!!coffee1.gif

That junction, together with many others in HH, have a sign saying: Left turn, wait for trafficlight!!

So the copper was actually doing his job. That others also broke the law, doesn't change the fact, that you were in the wrong!

Whilst that is true, the fact the policeman specifically targets the foreigner whilst ignoring the crimes of the locals MAKES THIS WRONG !~ OK ?

• Like 1

Not so much backward, it's that nobody cares about anything or anyone. I have learned that over the years. sad.png

......we are to blame for.......and must pay for......all of their problems.....

...we are not treated like humans with rights.....but...upon closer examination.....the truth is obvious......

• Like 2

The headline should have read: Police target farang, who can't read!!coffee1.gif

That junction, together with many others in HH, have a sign saying: Left turn, wait for trafficlight!!

So the copper was actually doing his job. That others also broke the law, doesn't change the fact, that you were in the wrong!

Correct, but, BUT it's ridiculous that the cop pulled over only the farang and not the Thais doing exactly the same.

This is what happened to me in Pattaya. I was on my bike on Beach Road, I was supposed to meet a friend in one of the sois. I turned left and 20 meters in there was a car coming my way and I realized it's a one-way street, so I turned around and rode back. At the intersection a cop saw me and pulled me over for driving the wrong way. I told him there's no sign at the intersection. How was I supposed to know? Then he walked me back into that one-way street and 15 meters in there was a sign on the right side covered by a bush that said No Entry. Ridiculous!!!! While he wrote my ticket several motorbikes ridden by Thais drove by into the very same road and that didn't bother him at all. There were 2 bikes that had 3 guys sitting on them passing by after he was done writing the ticket, none of them wearing a helmet. I pointed it out to him, but of course that didn't matter either. He just gave me a dirty look. I'm not against them enforcing the law, as a matter of fact they should do it more rigorously, BUT treat everyone equal!!!

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

Whilst that is true, the fact the policeman specifically targets the foreigner whilst ignoring the crimes of the locals MAKES THIS WRONG !~ OK ?

Not at all, and there is no need to shout, we are not blind.

• Like 2