Association between rubber farmers protest and Bangkok rallies noted

webfact

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The rubber farmers' protest in the South appears to be related to the anti-government protesters, National Security Council secretary-general Paradorn Pattanatabutr said on Tuesday.

In his report about the rallies to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, he said that security agencies feel the protests are related.

He added that demonstrators of both rallies could come together to protest against the government's amnesty bill as well as a negative ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Preah Vihear Temple on November 11.

"Right now we can see an obvious plan with a specific date and time already set. If the amnesty bill gets through and the Preah Viharn verdict is negative, there will be an immediate movement by the protestors.

Now that they given us a signal, it's imperative we keep our eye on them," Paradorn said.

He said the rubber farmers’ rally aimed to test if the police were well prepared or otherwise but added that the police should be able to handle the situation without assistance from the military.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-29

• Like 1

All conjuncture,1+1=3,and what was the signal ?, its 2 separate demonstrations,

1 about price of rubber,the other about the amnesty,only connection both hate

the Government,.all fear mongering .

Think the ruling on the temple is not going to go Thailand's way thats a given,

they had a chance to contest this many years ago and did nothing,now its a

big deal.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I wonder if this feeling the 'security groups' have, is like a little bird told us, the signs are right, or I am repeating what I was told to say. The luck and dillegence these groups have in finding, real people is not earth shattering.

So the feeling might just be gas pains

Give us 500 baht a day, and we will protest against anything!!rolleyes.gif

The pawns are getting moved around and the fat cats are getting fatter!!coffee1.gif

well the rubber farmer and the anti-government are most likely not paid.....alone their low numbers should be proof.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The rubber farmers' protest in the South appears to be related to the anti-government protesters, National Security Council secretary-general Paradorn Pattanatabutr said on Tuesday.

In his report about the rallies to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, he said that security agencies feel the protests are related.

He added that demonstrators of both rallies could come together to protest against the government's amnesty bill as well as a negative ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Preah Vihear Temple on November 11.

"Right now we can see an obvious plan with a specific date and time already set. If the amnesty bill gets through and the Preah Viharn verdict is negative, there will be an immediate movement by the protestors.

Now that they given us a signal, it's imperative we keep our eye on them," Paradorn said.

He said the rubber farmers’ rally aimed to test if the police were well prepared or otherwise but added that the police should be able to handle the situation without assistance from the military.

Interesting to see mind games being played by the unarmed National Security Council secretary general Paradon Pattanatabutr .

The implied threats to government security as well as national unity are indeed a fine game to play in yet another attempt to deflect attention from the current bill before parliament.

Paranoia is indeed contagious and it seems as if it may shortly reach epidemic proportions here in P.T.P. Plunderland Thailand

Oh my god...all these groups protesting about something...there must be collusion among the groups with a real goal to overthrow the government. We must implement special security law restrictions now! I expect there are a couple of third hands involved also. Oh my god...call out the army! No, on second thought don't call out the army as the last time they came out they overthrew the government.

• Like 1

Oh my god...all these groups protesting about something...there must be collusion among the groups with a real goal to overthrow the government. We must implement special security law restrictions now! I expect there are a couple of third hands involved also. Oh my god...call out the army! No, on second thought don't call out the army as the last time they came out they overthrew the government.

No, last time the army were called out they killed a lot of civilians. They have previous, in fact a very chequered history full, must make them proud.

No, last time the army were called out they killed a lot of civilians. They have previous, in fact a very chequered history full, must make them proud.

I would suggest you call out the police instead of the army but last time that happened they didn't show up at all.

I would suggest you call out the police instead of the army but last time that happened they didn't show up at all.

The police don't like putting down protests as it really infers with their traffic fine business.

All conjuncture,1+1=3,and what was the signal ?, its 2 separate demonstrations,

1 about price of rubber,the other about the amnesty,only connection both hate

the Government,.all fear mongering .

Think the ruling on the temple is not going to go Thailand's way thats a given,

they had a chance to contest this many years ago and did nothing,now its a

big deal.

regards Worgeordie

In one word ... paranoia