Do you eat at central festival pattaya?

infinity11

I eat there I see Japanese customers as well

Not sure I understand the logic. Thus, McDonalds is authentic Western food because Westerners eat there?

Then you must read the posts one more time...slowly. The argument was that "Zen and Fuji chains don't serve actual Japanese food that would please most Japanese people."

I disputed this based on the fact that I see Japanese people eat there all the time. Why you want to mix McD into this is beyond me since they're not authentic anything, just the lowest culinary common denominator ever invented.

But I guess one can find this kind of logic at the bottom of a bottle of Archa...

Anyway, in answer to the OP's question; Yes, I eat there several times a week. If someone claims he can't find anything in Central that suits his pallet then something is wrong with him, not the food on offer. Please note that I said pallet, not wallet.

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe think outside the box here:

What do you drink when you eat there? More people get bad guts from dirty ice here than they do from dodgy food - iced drinks? If they are getting their ice from the same place and it's hygiene is questionable, there's your culprit.

Not sure I understand the logic. Thus, McDonalds is authentic Western food because Westerners eat there?

Then you must read the posts one more time...slowly. The argument was that "Zen and Fuji chains don't serve actual Japanese food that would please most Japanese people."

I disputed this based on the fact that I see Japanese people eat there all the time. Why you want to mix McD into this is beyond me since they're not authentic anything, just the lowest culinary common denominator ever invented.

But I guess one can find this kind of logic at the bottom of a bottle of Archa...

Anyway, in answer to the OP's question; Yes, I eat there several times a week. If someone claims he can't find anything in Central that suits his pallet then something is wrong with him, not the food on offer. Please note that I said pallet, not wallet.

The appearance of Japanese faces means nothing really.

To know how they really feel about the food, you'd have to ask them.

It's highly probable many of those people are tourists trying these Thai chains for the first time. That doesn't mean they would ever return if they had knowledge of and had convenient access to more authentic local Japanese restaurants.

You will see Americans at some of the Mexican places in town and many will be repeat customers but if you ask them if the Mexican food in Pattaya really satisfies them like good Mexican food in the U.S. or Mexico I would be very surprised if many said yes. But there are no other choices in town that DO meet those standards. Something being better than nothing is not the same thing as being well pleased.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't mind eating there, not been sick once, and find the choice and price quite good. What I hate is trying to park my motorbike there. Has to be the worst parking in Pattaya, perhaps Thailand, even the world.

And don't get me started on the blocked fire exits.

But compared to Tesco and Big C the noise levels are tolerable. At least 10db lower than its competitors.

I am also not sure why some posters on TV must always become personal.....

And seriously? If you think Zen and Fuji are authentic, then you have never had good Japanese food.

• Like 1

Food sucks; never understood why people would eat in a mall.

I enjoy cooking, thou cheating on some ingrediants I wlll buy some pre-made soup back home and boil it and add larger portions of ingrediants seen in see-though heat resistant plastic bag. Seldom eat out as I enjoy making a meal and for lady guests. another point to consider is YOUR BLOOD TYPE...google your type and avoid the food for you blood type..little do people know of this...like many other health items I have been a avocator of change and education.

Oh yes "Food with indifferance ONLY feed half a man's hungar" so do not eat fast foods...the karma of the cook producing your meal is passed into his creation...for instance YOUR MOTHERS COOKING is BEST...why because TLC was involved..

Eat right and eat light...keep well R

Since this is about food and the runs, thought I would pass along this great cheap medicine tip. Heard about it first from some roller derby queens at Ambassador Hotel back in 84. Stuff works great, gets rid of the cramps and all in very little time. There is a link to show you what bottle looks like... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fishing-Pill-for-Gastric-Pain-Flatulence-Diarrhea-IBS-/290370312175

Central Festival: Never eat there, because

- food not to my taste

- too expensive

- too far

- don't like the people (in general) in Central (although they have some beautiful sales girls!)

- bad vibes

- Tesco and Big C are much closer and food is quite OK for me

Yeah I used to eat at Japantown in San Francisco a lot. After that, Fuji and Zen don't rate. It's not only Japanese people that would get that.

Agree 100%. I lived in Tokyo for 2 years; Fuji and Zen are probably the best in Thailand (are they?!? I don't know others), but they would have NO customers in Japan wink.png

Yeah I used to eat at Japantown in San Francisco a lot. After that, Fuji and Zen don't rate. It's not only Japanese people that would get that.

Agree 100%. I lived in Tokyo for 2 years; Fuji and Zen are probably the best in Thailand (are they?!? I don't know others), but they would have NO customers in Japan wink.png

Oh, no, there are some better Japanese restaurants in Pattaya that cater to Japanese people. But even better places in Sri Racha (large Japanese expat community) and Bangkok.

Not to mention Soi Thaniya, Silom Road, BKK.

Remortgage your house before you go though...

True, but quality Japanese food is expensive everywhere. One of the better Japanese meals was at Tsu (BKK) but it sure did not come cheap.

Having said that, I am a strong believer in value for money and more than happy to pay a little more once in a while.

Nothing stellar but if you're looking for a more authentic Japanese food experience locally at very moderate prices, check out the Japanese place across the street from the Hong Residence on Soi 4 North Pattaya (between Beach and 2nd). You go in there and you feel you're in Japan! (Not the hiso version.)

Edited by Jingthing

Oh, no, there are some better Japanese restaurants in Pattaya that cater to Japanese people. But even better places in Sri Racha (large Japanese expat community) and Bangkok.

You would make me happy by sharing the information about where to find the good/better Japanese places (Pattaya, Sri Racha, BKK). Good to eat, for special occasions thumbsup.gif

Not to mention Soi Thaniya, Silom Road, BKK.

Remortgage your house before you go though...

True, but quality Japanese food is expensive everywhere. One of the better Japanese meals was at Tsu (BKK) but it sure did not come cheap.

Having said that, I am a strong believer in value for money and more than happy to pay a little more once in a while.

Tsu is awesome.

The great japanese restaurants often have a lunch special.

Experience nice food at a reasonable price.

I see there are a lot of food snobs here on TV. I eat often at the food court on the lower floor. From one of the Thai places

or Vietnamese place. High volume turn over means lots of fresh food. Excellent value. Thais eat there and I have taken guests

there that think the food is very good. Lots of choice. Yes ambiance is lacking and there are lots of Russians but so what.

Like I said, a lot of food snobs. I also eat a lot at markets and food stands. I go to places that are busy so the food is fresh.

I have yet to get an upset stomach but if it happens sometime, its OK I have had a lot of good food experiences.

I see there are a lot of food snobs here on TV. I eat often at the food court on the lower floor. From one of the Thai places

or Vietnamese place. High volume turn over means lots of fresh food. Excellent value. Thais eat there and I have taken guests

there that think the food is very good. Lots of choice. Yes ambiance is lacking and there are lots of Russians but so what.

Like I said, a lot of food snobs. I also eat a lot at markets and food stands. I go to places that are busy so the food is fresh.

I have yet to get an upset stomach but if it happens sometime, its OK I have had a lot of good food experiences.

Food snobs?

Not really, I have eaten street food all my life, both in Africa and Asia (and only had food poisoning twice, both times in Africa).

I just absolutely hate malls and food courts. Not because I think the food is <deleted>, I have actually had very good food eating in a couple of the food courts in office buildings, I just hate the atmosphere. This applies to the whole mall, not just the restaurants; I try and be in and out as fast as my feet carry me.

Food snobs?

Not really, I have eaten street food all my life, both in Africa and Asia (and only had food poisoning twice, both times in Africa).

I just absolutely hate malls and food courts. Not because I think the food is <deleted>, I have actually had very good food eating in a couple of the food courts in office buildings, I just hate the atmosphere. This applies to the whole mall, not just the restaurants; I try and be in and out as fast as my feet carry me.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Food snobs?

Sounds like a personal problem.

Don't consider it a problem, I can't like everything in life and few people do. It is a mixture of piped music, lousy air, too much bling; that sort of stuff.

Sizzler better at royal garden, fewer people and less noise. MK better at Tesco North Pattaya because less noise but still not quiet. Zen is ok if you don't mind the untrained staff. Fuji better at Big C and Big C +. KFC has nice view. Oishi better at Big C. Coupon food area downstairs is way too crowded to enjoy a meal, it makes MBK look tranquil. I haven't been sick from any restaurant at Central but the noise factor makes dining there a nuisance. Can't totally blame the restaurants though, when you combine so many noisy people into confined spaces its hard to avoid.

I eat at the Food Court about twice a week. Thai food. inexpensive and good portions.

Never had stomach problems.

Off the subject; however, I was at the Food Court at Tesco, watched the food inspector,he

really did a good job. Went to each stall, made them clean some things, remove others

and I was impressed. Never been sick from eating at Tesco next to Outlet Mall.