Poll regarding How to Discipline for your Child

beachproperty

Dear TV readers a Topic was started called

Christmas in Thailand....My daughter

Although I was only trying to tell a cute story as happens in TV the "vitril" started flying please go to said Topic and Vote on which method of discipline you think would've been best in dealing with my "independent and rebellious" 14 year old daughter ...I hope there is enough information there for you to make an informed opinion as I look forward to the results

To vote for beachpropery press "like" in the #1 post

To vote for Kevvy press "like" in the #6 post

To the moderators if this post or topic is inappropriate....please delete

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by you starting this thread, I would say that you are the type of person who is always right. 100% of the time. But I am not going to feed your ego by voting in a silly poll.

I respect your opinion.....but the truth be told I've learned more from my failures than successes....so being wrong is not a problem with me....

So, even when your wrong, you still manage to find the right in it.

To lock a child out of her home and run the risk of her falling into harms way on the streets at night, is not only wrong, it is illegal.

And that's your opinion....great ....I hope you went to the Topic and gave keevy a Like...

Illegal??? and may I ask how? You are aware this occurred in Thailand?

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

I Like Thai

"Both are wrong. Likening it to a situation that appears worse does not make the first situation any more right.

Two wrongs never make a right.

His first action after taking control of the situation was to lock her out. He didn't do this to help guide her by showing her the error of her ways. He did this so that he would Win! "

Not sure why your so hung up on the WIN -LOSE thing.....All I wanted was a comprise....she wants to go out ...fine...be home by 10pm .....

Heck I wasn't able to stay out past 8pm until I was 17.....

I truly wonder about your ego.

What do you care what others think ? Your thread got the reactions it deserved. Whether positive or negative. As you are still convinced you did the right thing, why bother what others stated.

At least for all this topic is clear. Others read and commented on the other 1 on their perception. So what ?

• Like 1

I like Thai

In my opinion your logic is very faulty at best, the child a product of a broken home the mother the single parent working two jobs to support her family. daughter already had many years of the lack of supervision, mother and Farang marry, first time in years she was required to face restrictions, a time limit was set when her partying would end and she was expected to be home. She refuses to comply and was lock out of the home for a short duration of time on two occasions.

Your faulty reasoning, Why are you concerned that she could:

"run the risk of her falling into harms way on the streets at night, is not only wrong,it is illegal".

Why would you only think that those dangers you posted to, would only happen after she came home at 2:00 AM, If you are fair in your assessment.

Why would you not worry about her "falling into harms way on the streets at night" between 10:00 PM curfew and 2 AM return home, you have the option of being selective in your opinion. A responsible parent does not and must worry about her falling into harms way every night when she is out on the streets at night.

If you have a reason for your statement ""it is illegal" please explain how it is "illegal"?

Cheers:smile.png

• Like 2

I like Thai

In my opinion your logic is very faulty at best, the child a product of a broken home the mother the single parent working two jobs to support her family. daughter already had many years of the lack of supervision, mother and Farang marry, first time in years she was required to face restrictions, a time limit was set when her partying would end and she was expected to be home. She refuses to comply and was lock out of the home for a short duration of time on two occasions.

"run the risk of her falling into harms way on the streets at night, is not only wrong,it is illegal".

Why would you only think that those dangers you posted to, would only happen after she came home at 2:00 AM, If you are fair in your assessment.

Why would you not worry about her "falling into harms way on the streets at night" between 10:00 PM curfew and 2 AM return home, you have the option of being selective in your opinion. A responsible parent does not and must worry about her falling into harms way every night when she is out on the streets at night.

If you have a reason for your statement ""it is illegal" please explain how it is "illegal"?

The OP requested that the child be home by ten. Why ? because it is late and not an appropriate time for a child to be out

She broke the rule and he punished her by inflicting a punishment that goes against the reasoning for having the child in by a reasonable hour.

It's illegal because the op is no relation of this child. He was neither a parent or legal guardian, that is why his action of barring her from her residence is illegal.

Even if he was a guardian, it would be illegal, look at page 8 in the below link

http://www.thailawforum.com/laws/Child%20Protection%20Act.pdf

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on TV. To the point. Well put. Supported by documentation. Hats off!

clap2.gif

The tactic worked, but I don't know if it was good parenting or good fortune. We could have been reading a post about the daughter you haven't seen in 6 years who broke into the house and stole the gifts from under the christmas tree.

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on TV. To the point. Well put. Supported by documentation. Hats off!

clap2.gif

Please point to what in the documentation you posted to that,

#1 the points involved were well put.

#2 How does the posted documentation, support the points of the poster? Which I find that the poster most likely did not read the act in itself.

I know it is easy to simply agree with the bleeding heart response to someone else's post then to respond where the law concurs with what you posted to,

I understand your statement (in a different post) that education has a lot to do with the responses on TV, but education has nothing to do with good parenting! dose it not? Education does not instill the concept of "common sense" in parenting to a parent.

Many of us have a University degree and many years of paid work experience in the field of Child Protective Services, and what constitutes Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation.

A parent that allows a 14 year old to run the streets, without attempting to deal with that behavior, clearly is neglecting the welfare of that child.

Cheers:biggrin.png

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

clap2.gif

#2 How does the posted documentation, support the points of the poster? Which I find that the poster most likely did not read the act in itself.

I know it is easy to simply agree with the bleeding heart response to someone else's post then to respond where the law concurs with what you posted to,

I understand your statement (in a different post) that education has a lot to do with the responses on TV, but education has nothing to do with good parenting! dose it not? Education does not instill the concept of "common sense" in parenting to a parent.

Many of us have a University degree and many years of paid work experience in the field of Child Protective Services, and what constitutes Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation.

A parent that allows a 14 year old to run the streets, without attempting to deal with that behavior, clearly is neglecting the welfare of that child.

i believe he was saying exactly the same as you

Last year my daughter aged 9 threw a strop over something minor and grandly declared that she was leaving home. So me and my wife helped her pack a suitcase. We both struggled not to laugh as she tried to maintain her composure as my wife asked her " do you want to take this blue dress", "how much underwear do you think you'll need?' etc. The icing on the cake was me offering to take her to the bus station before me and mum went to sizzler ( her favourite) for dinner. Collecting as much dignity as she could muster she then decided that maybe she would leave the next day.

Hope you had a debriefing session with her. You might have scarred her for the rest of her life.

Maybe next time someone's child, after his/her parents have carefully helped them pack their bag to temporarily run away from home, will encounter these friendly & helpful folks:

Young students kidnapped by human-trafficking gangs
Category: Khon Kaen news
Published on Tuesday, 24 September 2013 12:31
Khon Kaen Provincial Police have issued warnings about human-trafficking gangs widely operating in school areas.
There have been several incidences in Khon Kaen and Udon Thani of children going missing after school time attributed to kidnapping by human-trafficking gangs.

Last year my daughter aged 9 threw a strop over something minor and grandly declared that she was leaving home. So me and my wife helped her pack a suitcase. We both struggled not to laugh as she tried to maintain her composure as my wife asked her " do you want to take this blue dress", "how much underwear do you think you'll need?' etc. The icing on the cake was me offering to take her to the bus station before me and mum went to sizzler ( her favourite) for dinner. Collecting as much dignity as she could muster she then decided that maybe she would leave the next day.

Hope you had a debriefing session with her. You might have scarred her for the rest of her life.

Yeah I think the follow up where we bundled her into the back of an unmarked van with a pillowcase over her head, took her to an abandoned factory, waterboarded her and made her sit for five days blindfolded playing white noise through some headphones was more effective than stopping her pocket money for a month. You know what they say, spare the rod and spoil the child. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well this a first you start a poll to prove you are right in another poll some people will go to any lenghts to prove they were right. Imagine what happens in the home.

Ok you won happy now

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well this a first you start a poll to prove you are right in another poll some people will go to any lenghts to prove they were right. Imagine what happens in the home.

Ok you won happy now

Hey Kevvy.;;;;;don't get your knickers all in a wad.....can't catch fish if your squirming all about

I like Thai

The OP requested that the child be home by ten. Why ? because it is late and not an appropriate time for a child to be out

She broke the rule and he punished her by inflicting a punishment that goes against the reasoning for having the child in by a reasonable hour.

It's illegal because the op is no relation of this child. He was neither a parent or legal guardian, that is why his action of barring her from her residence is illegal.

Even if he was a guardian, it would be illegal, look at page 8 in the below link

http://www.thailawforum.com/laws/Child%20Protection%20Act.pdf

clap2.gif

how easy it is to overlook the fact that the girl's mother had provided he tacit approval to the OP's actions.

i am very thankful i need not answer to the "community" here for the way i raise my child.

out of curiosity it would be nice if those of you with your strong opinions of wrong doing identify how many children you have/teenagers you have raised.

it seems the more shrill PC indignation on the board gets, the more exaggerated the OP's 'crime' becomes.

its quite sad that anyone would choose to make a big deal of this, OP included.

Edited by LemonSqueeza
  • Like 1

clap2.gif

I understand your statement (in a different post) that education has a lot to do with the responses on TV, but education has nothing to do with good parenting! dose it not? Education does not instil the concept of "common sense" in parenting to a parent.

Reading this make me believe you didn't even read my post...

But you're right, a "parent that allows a 14 year old to run the streets, without attempting to deal with that behaviour, clearly is neglecting the welfare of that child". I could not agree with you more. Thanks for supporting my opinion.

clap2.gif

I understand your statement (in a different post) that education has a lot to do with the responses on TV, but education has nothing to do with good parenting! dose it not? Education does not instil the concept of "common sense" in parenting to a parent.

Reading this make me believe you didn't even read my post...

But you're right, a "parent that allows a 14 year old to run the streets, without attempting to deal with that behaviour, clearly is neglecting the welfare of that child". I could not agree with you more. Thanks for supporting my opinion.

That was not your opinion plain and simple~

your opinion was that she was only placed at risks after the doors were locked at 2 AM!

The OP concern as stated was that her actions placed herself at risks, being on the streets after her curfew of 10 pm, for the OP to allow a 14 year old female to run the streets, till 2 AM in the morning without attempting to stop her careless action ( placing herself at risk) while under his care. Again read very carefully, without attempting to deal with that dangerous behavior (IE: by locking her out).,clearly would have been neglecting the welfare of the child.

As you have never addressed the OP's contention that on the two ,locked out occasions she was under their direct physical observation during the entire lock-out.episode, once she climb in a window, the other time she knocked on the door until she was allowed back into the house.

Then she was never running the streets, after the lock out, The only time she was running the streets was between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM.

If you were agreeing to that statement, you were clearly agreeing to my opinion!

Cheers:clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1