Thai Amnesty anger set to explode

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give Big T the amnesty and then lets set back and see what happens when he comes back.

Well if they're going to give a blanket amnesty to all the people repsonsible for the deaths in the 2010 disturbances, why wouldn't Thaksin be included?

In fact, if they give amnesty to the people responsible for the deaths in the 2010 protests they HAVE to include Thaksin, because he's the only one that should be held responsible .

• Like 1

Give Big T the amnesty and then lets set back and see what happens when he comes back.

Well if they're going to give a blanket amnesty to all the people repsonsible for the deaths in the 2010 disturbances, why wouldn't Thaksin be included?

In fact, if they give amnesty to the people responsible for the deaths in the 2010 protests they HAVE to include Thaksin, because he's the only one that should be held responsible .

Why stop at 2010? Why not dig a a lot deeper?

It would be nice to think that Thailand could have an amnesty along the lines of South Africa's truth & reconciliation policy, but as the posts on this thread show, it's unlikely to happen.

??????.why wouldnt it happen ..were just foreigners on a forum doing our daily whinge...unless i missed the white skinned protest in bkk ...coffee1.gif

In a way, I am also against a blanket amnesty.

I would love to see Abhisit and Suthep end up in prison.

However, I also try not to let the very low esteem I have for these two persons blind my views...

The political deadlock should end and it is time to push the reset button.

As much as I think that Suthep is an awful politician, as much as I think that Abhisit is useless for this country and that both should be held responsible for the deaths of 90 protesters, ... I also think that it is time for all sides to end this destructive game.

A blanket amnesty would certainly leave some people unhappy, but the never ending game that is played by the Dems since years is going nowhere.

An amnesty is a way to go back to square one and start on a new base. As mature and adult people.

The only problem is that the Dems are not able to compete on such a new base.

They see the amnesty as a threat because once it is passed they would not know what to do, what to say, and what to fight for...

They should reform themselves, offer something for the future of the country, make themselves appealing to the people, and give away their silly warrior's behavior forever.

The country needs to be reset and brought back to normality.

People who stubbornly obstruct the way to reconciliation should be held responsible too...

For the sake of the country I am ready to swallow the pill... and accept that Abhisit and Suthep don't end up in prison.

Except if they really want to, of course rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To a point I agree with Gerry. It is so easy for politicians to stir up trouble in Thailand largely due to the pleasures that Thai people seem to relish and need from gossip and conspiracy theories.

By now I suspect that most Thai people consider that the constant barracking Thaksin has become boring. Further perhaps that many people like me have become evermore convinced that Thaksin is a victim of the malice that seems to throb at the heart of the Democrat Party.

Such is the smell of fear emanating from the 'Anti-Thaksin Brigade'. That fear feeds off the slanderous and libelous fecal verbosity that emanates from the Democrats and their allies. Now the nauseating malevolence begins to feel ever more likely that Thaksin is, and always was innocent, of all those accusations for which no juristic person in Thailand could ever produce any tangible evidence of Thaksin's alleged criminality.

So it looks evermore likely that former PM Thaksin really is innocent and that after five years of self exile, a criminal record and a punitive fine of Bt47 Billion needs to be made whole in name of Thaksin. This is with a view to Thailand saving face by negating the Democrat's assertions that Thailand is not and never has been mature enough to be a democracy. Such they believe in spite of the fact that the Great and Revered Monarch of Thailand declared his land to be a constitutional Monarchy in 1932.

Thaksin, already recognized around the World as Thailand's greatest champion of democracy since Thailand became a constitutional monarchy must come home on assurance that his personal safety will be guaranteed.

This is a matter of Thailand's jurisprudence and therefore the Amnesty is not an issue in the Thaksin case.

• Like 2

I am sick and tired of this amnesty bill, the man in Dubai and his puppet sister trying to control this country .

Time to have a new election, new PM and get Thailand back at the right track if that's possible coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I am sick and tired of this amnesty bill, the man in Dubai and his puppet sister trying to control this country .

Time to have a new election, new PM and get Thailand back at the right track if that's possible coffee1.gif

What makes you think Yingluck wouldn't win a new election?

• Like 2

Before Mr. T comes home he might like to read up on the fate of the late ex-President Aquino of the Philippines, shot on the tarmac of Manila airport by 'patriots'.

His wife later became president, though. No sooner do you whack one than another one.........

Thailand is not a democracy. There will not be a democracy until there is freedom of speech, freedom from corruption, equality before the law and transparency at all levels. Without this, democracy is impossible and Thailand will continue to be a feudal society with a vote where people are oppressed by mobs working with corrupt officials and police.

It needs to be said again: Thailand is not Switzerland. Would anyone here want it to be?

• Like 2

However, I also try not to let the very low esteem I have for these two persons blind my views...

As much as I think that Suthep is an awful politician, as much as I think that Abhisit is useless for this country and that both should be held responsible for the deaths of 90 protesters, ... I also think that it is time for all sides to end this destructive game.

A blanket amnesty would certainly leave some people unhappy, but the never ending game that is played by the Dems since years is going nowhere.

An amnesty is a way to go back to square one and start on a new base. As mature and adult people.

They see the amnesty as a threat because once it is passed they would not know what to do, what to say, and what to fight for...

They should reform themselves, offer something for the future of the country, make themselves appealing to the people, and give away their silly warrior's behavior forever.

People who stubbornly obstruct the way to reconciliation should be held responsible too...

For the sake of the country I am ready to swallow the pill... and accept that Abhisit and Suthep don't end up in prison.

To a point I agree with Gerry. It is so easy for politicians to stir up trouble in Thailand largely due to the pleasures that Thai people seem to relish and need from gossip and conspiracy theories.

By now I suspect that most Thai people consider that the constant barracking Thaksin has become boring. Further perhaps that many people like me have become evermore convinced that Thaksin is a victim of the malice that seems to throb at the heart of the Democrat Party.

Such is the smell of fear emanating from the 'Anti-Thaksin Brigade'. That fear feeds off the slanderous and libelous fecal verbosity that emanates from the Democrats and their allies. Now the nauseating malevolence begins to feel ever more likely that Thaksin is, and always was innocent, of all those accusations for which no juristic person in Thailand could ever produce any tangible evidence of Thaksin's alleged criminality.

So it looks evermore likely that former PM Thaksin really is innocent and that after five years of self exile, a criminal record and a punitive fine of Bt47 Billion needs to be made whole in name of Thaksin. This is with a view to Thailand saving face by negating the Democrat's assertions that Thailand is not and never has been mature enough to be a democracy. Such they believe in spite of the fact that the Great and Revered Monarch of Thailand declared his land to be a constitutional Monarchy in 1932.

Thaksin, already recognized around the World as Thailand's greatest champion of democracy since Thailand became a constitutional monarchy must come home on assurance that his personal safety will be guaranteed.

This is a matter of Thailand's jurisprudence and therefore the Amnesty is not an issue in the Thaksin case.

Such is the smell of fear emanating from the 'Anti-Thaksin Brigade'.

That fear feeds off the slanderous and libelous fecal verbosity clap2.gif that emanates from the Democrats and their allies.

Now the nauseating malevolence begins to feel ever more likely that Thaksin is, and always was innocent, of all those accusations for which no juristic person in Thailand could ever produce any tangible evidence of Thaksin's alleged criminality.

Brilliant. Almost Shakespearean in quality. I love it.

• Like 2

That fear feeds off the slanderous and libelous fecal verbosity clap2.gif that emanates from the Democrats and their allies.

Now the nauseating malevolence begins to feel ever more likely that Thaksin is, and always was innocent, of all those accusations for which no juristic person in Thailand could ever produce any tangible evidence of Thaksin's alleged criminality.

truth isnt what thais do......you of all people should know that...there not clever enough to understand,therefore any bs given to them is taken as gospel...nearly all i might add..those almost clever words nearly fooled me..but then im not thai..shakespeare..hahahahaha..spot on ratchatcher.sir..

Before Mr. T comes home he might like to read up on the fate of the late ex-President Aquino of the Philippines, shot on the tarmac of Manila airport by 'patriots'.

His wife later became president, though. No sooner do you whack one than another one.........

B. Aquino was never president - he was shot for trying.

indyuk post # 39T # 39

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I presume you actually inhabit the Planet Zog as opposed to this real world we live in.

No doubt you would consider the likes of Joe Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Robert Mugabe etc etc as the very models of democratic leaders who were always putting the welfare and well being of those they ruled over in first place.whistling.gif

B. Aquino was never president - he was shot for trying.

That would make it the same then.

You are joking right?

I travel the whole world and meet many people because of my work but i have NEVER met a foreigner that has anything good to say about the criminal. Comments I hear most often lately are: "Today, Thaksin and his family are STILL robing Thailand empty. The guy really hasn't learned anything".

Edited by Nickymaster

You are joking right?

I travel the whole world and meet many people because of my work but i have NEVER met a foreigner that has anything good to say about the criminal. Comments I hear most often lately are: "Today, Thaksin and his family are STILL robing Thailand empty. The guy really hasn't learned anything".

Most foreigners, in particular the ones that live in or are frequent visitors to Thailand don't seem to have a grasp of Thai history or politics, are naively distanced from the realities of the average Thai, and the vast majority have only been here since Thaksin came to power, so they don't know anything else.

• Like 1

Thailand is not a democracy. There will not be a democracy until there is freedom of speech, freedom from corruption, equality before the law and transparency at all levels. Without this, democracy is impossible and Thailand will continue to be a feudal society with a vote where people are oppressed by mobs working with corrupt officials and police.

So your solution is? Surely a flawed democracy is better than nothing?

Say what you like about the first Thai Rak Thai governments, but they had genuine popular support and accomplished many good things.

• Like 2

So your solution is? Surely a flawed democracy is better than nothing?

Say what you like about the first Thai Rak Thai governments, but they had genuine popular support and accomplished many good things.

Thailand is not a flawed democracy. Thailand isn't a democracy at all.

• Like 2

Thaksin will not be coming back - he wants amnesty to get his money back - pure and simple. He is a megalomaniac, but he is far from stupid - he knows he will be on borrowed time back here.

The usual brain washed red shirts posting here of course, just waiting for the airport take-over to be raised again! How can anyone think it is a good move, a democratic move, for politicians to grant themselves immunity for past crimes? How can anyone think that such a move is in the best interests of Thailand; what stops the next lot of berserkers to start loping off heads and rigging elections from granting themselves the same? I don't care what side of the fence you sit, anyone with any common sense can see how bad an idea it is! If they really must give Thaksin back his ill gotten gains, then find a way to do it - such as paying his company on books for some service or whatever - why put the whole system in such jeopardy? Why risk their own support? Forcing their own people to vote with threats is just asking for revolt! Stupid is what stupid does!

• Like 1

Well the system is so utterly rigged, that they had to carry out some pretty big revisionism to get him found guilty.....

It just baffles me how these people can do these things at the expense of the citizens & countries well being. I thought self serving and deception was bad in the States; but here, I just can't believe what I'm seeing. How many coups have been thrown here in the last 75 years?

if i remember well 19 coups, wonder if for the 20 they will make a big party

• Like 1

It just baffles me how these people can do these things at the expense of the citizens & countries well being. I thought self serving and deception was bad in the States; but here, I just can't believe what I'm seeing. How many coups have been thrown here in the last 75 years?

if i remember well 19 coups, wonder if for the 20 they will make a big party

How about fireworks ?