Is there a new 90-day report requirement (paper from school)?

I'm taking a graduation course in Thailand and staying here with an ED Visa.

This week I was asked by my university office to provide my passport. They made a copy of the visa page and the 90-day report paper, and told me that the regulation has changed and that at my next report (january) I will be required to present a paper from the university (which they will provide when the time comes).

However, I didn't see this new rule/requirement here. Is it true?

If you were here on an ED visa it would only be for 90 day stay and does not require any contact with immigration and there would not be any 90 day reports so it appears you now have an extension of stay for your study from immigration. What is the permitted to stay until date on that extension? If it is January then new paperwork from school and a new extension and payment of 1,900 baht plus a TM.7 form with photo would be required. There is nothing new in that requirement. Check your passport stamp.

If you were here on an ED visa it would only be for 90 day stay and does not require any contact with immigration and there would not be any 90 day reports so it appears you now have an extension of stay for your study from immigration. What is the permitted to stay until date on that extension? If it is January then new paperwork from school and a new extension and payment of 1,900 baht plus a TM.7 form with photo would be required. There is nothing new in that requirement. Check your passport stamp.

My stamp on that 90-day report (called receipt of notification) says 11/jan/14.

My stamp on the passport says "extension of stay is permitted up to 17/feb/14.

I know that in order to renew that "extension of stay" I will need the TM.7 form and will need some documents from the university, but according to the secretary at the university office, I will need a document (besides my proof of residence) on every 90-day report.

Edited by FarangFB

They should not have anything to do with 90 day address reports or even know when it is due as you could leave on a weekend and return to obtain a new 90 day reporting date. I suspect they mean the extension which will be due in February but may be applied for in late January?