28 day submitting documents rule

Hi,

Just a question if anyone has experience with the following and can help?

I’m looking to apply very soon for my wifes spouse visa application to UK. We have all the documents required all sorted already, but I'm waiting on bank statements to come through. They were meant to send them but the “Request was lost in the system with Natwest” so they have re-ordered them (they said between 5-7 days on Monday so hopefully soon!).

SO my question is regarding the below rule set out for submitting supporting documents:

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

Is this 28 day rule for submitting the application online, or paying and submitting documents in Bangkok?? My last pay slip was dated the 11th Oct so I calculated that I had till the 7th Nov in which to submit the online application. This would give me enough time to get the documents DHL’d over to Thailand after applying, but not enough time if the 28 day deadline is for date paying etc as my wife has to get down from Chiang Mai etc.

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of this for Bangkok?

The date of the application is the date the applicant attends the VAC to submit the application and supporting documents and have biometrics taken.

How strictly the ECOs enforce this 28 day rule, I don't know. Hopefully someone with more experience in this matter, such as TVE or TonyM, will post on this.

However, para D ( b ) of Appendix FM-SE does allow the ECO to request missing documents.

Kevin1908's application was some time ago, and the requirements, as can be seen from para A1 1(a)(v) of the appendix, now specifically state that bank statements must be

(1) on official bank stationery; or

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

The ECO has discretion to either accept copy documents or not. For the most part, as long as the document is likely to be a true copy, or one document in a series ( bank statements, for instance), then you should be okay. Common sense, on the ECO's part, should prevail.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just an update on my original post. Unfortunately a combination of my bank being late with statements, mortgage company being late sending latest statement and agency being late sending verified pay slips though...mean im now at risk of the 28 day documents rule!

My last pay slip and bank statement were on the 1st Nov, so i believe i have till the 28th Nov (Thursday) to get the documents in.

Last thing im waiting for in the post should be here tomorrow, and i was told by DHL that if i call them to book a courier pick-up by 2pm tomorrow (Wed 20th), then they can have the documents in Chiang Mai on Monday 25th. This means i can have my wife fly down on Tuesday 26th and will be no issue...unless the documents don't show up, in which case it will arrive in Chiang Mai on Tuesday!!!!

So my question is regarding the appointment system, i will do the online application for my wife tomorrow (if the upgrade to their site is back completed), but will i be able to have the appointment on the 28th or will this be too late? Obviously will aim for 26th or 27th but it depends on appointment availability and documents being there!

Any thoughts?

I would think that common sense would prevail if the documents are just 1 or 2 days past the limit; but I'm afraid I don't know how much discretion ECOs are allowed on this.

To be honest, my main reason for posting is to bump this back near the top where hopefully TonyM will see it!

Hi 7by7!

Ok managed to get that last bit of post about an hour before DHL turned up! When i called DHL they said they would get it for Friday in Chiang Mai.

So hopefully will be ok! As soon as the visa site is back out of maintenance mode ill apply on-line and try and book an appointment for before next Thursday.