Seeking information regarding บุก

CPT

I am hoping someone might confirm the botanical name, or any name for that matter, of a vegetable I encountered in Issan last year. The Thai name, as well as I can make out, is บุก (puhk), the botanic name I am coming up with is Amorphophallus paeoniifolius, and an English name of Elephant Yam. Any or all of these names may be incorrect but it looked like the plant featured on this Kew Garden's web page with a mottled green fleshy growth from a corm in a shady, moist area. The 'stalk' (technically a leaf I think) of the plant was prepared as a vegetable in my encounter with it. I've been told it might be referred to as กะบุก (ka-puhk) as well. Thanks for any info you may be able to provide, the name of the plant being most appreciated but also dishes that contain it. I also understand that the corm is used?

This may lead you further: http://www.bedo.or.th/lcdb/biodiversity/view.aspx?id=12245

Without doing a complete translation, it says in part that the leaves, corms, stems and heads of this plant are used in Isaan and Lao food preparation, for both main and for sweet dishes, for curries and in desserts.

The section marked "การใช้ประโยชน์/ส่วนที่นำไปใช้ประโยชน์" gives further details if you can find someone to translate for you.

It also says it can be used for weight loss.

Edited by asdecas

This may lead you further: http://www.bedo.or.th/lcdb/biodiversity/view.aspx?id=12245

Without doing a complete translation, it says in part that the leaves, corms, stems and heads of this plant are used in Isaan and Lao food preparation, for both main and for sweet dishes, for curries and in desserts.

The section marked "การใช้ประโยชน์/ส่วนที่นำไปใช้ประโยชน์" gives further details if you can find someone to translate for you.

It also says it can be used for weight loss.

Thanks for the info!