THAILAND

The drink

The woman

The exotic pleasures

The sense of a new beginning

The feeling of being on a permanent holiday

Does it all come crashing down one day?

Not today, not tomorrow ... but one day in the future

Once the honeymoon is over ... what is your feeling about this place?

Have to disagree with you, I does not come crashing down!

After 6 months of Drink, Women and exotic pleasures it got old very fast, my Pattaya party was over and I moved out of Pattaya, 12 1/2 years later I am still loving life in Thailand, my party will never be over.

Cheers:smile.png

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

When good things become commonplace, they don't feel quite so good.

I think I was on the Thai 'pink cloud' for 10 years. Now, after 20 years, I can get irritated easier and less tolerant but that is probably because I'll be 50 in a couple of years.

A trip every year or 2 to the West puts things into perspective and am I much happier being here than if I were there, hence I stay here.

Once i was a regular tourist here did ,saw it and got the t shirt ,i married a Thai and we lived in the west ,when my wife ,son and myself came back here to live ,i knew what it was like ,i just expected a normal life ,just like at home in the UK ,but in a much bigger house ,in the warm and with time to do what i wanted ,if you come here to live with the tourist mentality ,it will soon turn sour, of course that is unless you want to spend the rest of your life drunk,rogering different women all the time and nothing else , then you have achieved your aims as well.

I'd say it happens when you stop saying ridiculous things like 'same same', 'I'm not a farang, I'm a pineapple', and 'sabai dee mai' to everyone you meet.

There is also this: to wai everyone including the Soi dog, because you it shows you understand the culture and integrate well.

• Like 2

THAILAND

The drink

The woman

The exotic pleasures

The sense of a new beginning

The feeling of being on a permanent holiday

Does it all come crashing down one day?

Not today, not tomorrow ... but one day in the future

Once the honeymoon is over ... what is your feeling about this place?

If your priorities are in the above order I would suggest that it would not take too long.

If you become more Thai like you can adopt to the Country and its situations .

Isn't that just submitting to defeat and waving a white flag.

Do you think that is what the Thais want Farangs to do ?

I suspect that the Thais don't give a shit. I do wonder about the mentality of people who choose to move to a new country and who then want to change it to resemble the place they've just left.

• Like 1

If you become more Thai like you can adopt to the Country and its situations .

Isn't that just submitting to defeat and waving a white flag.

Do you think that is what the Thais want Farangs to do ?

I suspect that the Thais don't give a shit. I do wonder about the mentality of people who choose to move to a new country and who then want to change it to resemble the place they've just left.

I have to agree with sustento's comment ...

Thais, for the most, apart from those in your sphere of influence, most likely DGAS.

• 2 weeks later...

thailand has something for everyone thats its appeal if you seek as in the first post you will find it, if you seek other stuff you will find it too. if you leave you will find how narrow other societies are. after you leave many times you dont leave any more except for visa runs. but then and again vietnam is too broad for me, i am stuck in the comfort zone now and lost the will to explore maybes.

Edited by cloy cogger