Isuzu MUX

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When is the new Fortuner due out?

Toyota haven't announced anything of course, but it's generally expected in 2015. But, with the downturn of the market this year I would not be surprised if new releases from Toyota got pushed back further, or brought forward (both have their own strategic business cases).

In any case, you can expect it around 9-12 months after the next gen Hilux releases, based on historical releases.

Edited by IMHO

Hmm. I think it is better than the Trailblazer.

Probably still gonna wait for the new 'tuna or Everest.

Ford: ford-everest-2-625x356.jpgford-everest-11-625x340.jpg

So sad that this used the Territory design language, and we didn't see Ford's usual "kinetic" design. My projection? This is going to look very dated, very fast once the next-gen Mitsu, Toyota and Nissan PPV's launch, and this becomes the only soft and rounded PPV against it's much more angular design competition. They should have launched this 5-10 years ago.

Edited by IMHO

You are probably right but the current Everest is 5 - 10 years out of date so why break the trend ?

The Kinetic look seemed to work on Focus and Fiesta although personally the Kuga / Escape does not so successful to me. Anyway the new Everest look is not too different from the Trailblazer / MUX twins which relatively young in their model life. Lets face not many people buy a ppv for up to date styling (Fortuner, MU7, Everest

It's bizarre this thing is taking Ford so long to get to the market, especially when the Escape is also so dated. I don't get the strategy Ford and Isuzu seem to follow where the new pickup is introduced years in advance of the more expensive ppv version.

I get one thing out of the Australian review... the Mu-X seems weak on cornering. For the Isuzu reps to insist keeping it between 40 and 60 kph when doing a turn... it must have serious stability issues. Who bets that we will soon see some of them overturned?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I get one thing out of the Australian review... the Mu-X seems weak on cornering. For the Isuzu reps to insist keeping it between 40 and 60 kph when doing a turn... it must have serious stability issues. Who bets that we will soon see some of them overturned?

Yeah, it also seems to be not too smooth riding on streets, which makes it a bad choice for urban warriors. I'll go look at it at the motorshow, but will likely also wait to see the Everest, and maybe the Fortuner if not to far out.

Hmm. I think it is better than the Trailblazer.

Probably still gonna wait for the new 'tuna or Everest.

Ford: ford-everest-2-625x356.jpgford-everest-11-625x340.jpg

So sad that this used the Territory design language, and we didn't see Ford's usual "kinetic" design. My projection? This is going to look very dated, very fast once the next-gen Mitsu, Toyota and Nissan PPV's launch, and this becomes the only soft and rounded PPV against it's much more angular design competition. They should have launched this 5-10 years ago.

That new Ford design looks cool but how will its interior space and engine performance compare - not to mention nation-wide service availability and accessibility and price of parts .....? whistling.gif

Having just returned from checking out the new, 2nd generation MU-X, I can give my first hand observation on how it compares to the 1st generation MU-7.

The first thing I noticed is how much more interior space (head room and personal space) the MU-7 has over the MU-X. When seated in the driver's seat and the 3rd row seat of the MU-X , there is only about a 'fist-size' of over-head space from the top of my head to the interior ceiling. It is more than double that in the MU-7. I, for one, am a fan of a roomy interior.

The MU-X wheelbase is shorter than the MU-7 and its showroom 3.0L, 4WD model is very peppy and responsive for the short 'test' drive I took.

The MU-X driver's seat is electric powered and the 4WD model has 255/65-17" tires.

Though the seats of the MU-X aren't quite the 'plush' level thickness of the MU-7, passengers on a trip from, say, Pattaya to Chiang Mai would be very comfortable including those seated in the 3rd row. Talking about 'looks can be deceiving', the newly designed 3rd row seats of the MU-X are very comfortable and should easily accommodate the leg room of the average 6' or so farang.

The rear storage space behind the 3rd row seats is less than that of the MU-7, though the 'shortage of space' is partially compensated with a storage box that extends below the floor.

The MU-X is nice and contemporary looking and still provides comfortable seating for 7 adults. I believe any 7 seat SUV with less interior space than the MU-X would infringe on the personal space comfort level of farang size passengers.

I would also say that the MU-7 is looking to be the last of the 'Big-boy' (perfect size for farangs) SUVs in this price class.

Will TR be making anything with the new model ?

So the rear storage space behind the 3rd row seats is less than the MU-7..... looks like 7 seater Taxis will have to look at something different, appear to be lots of MU-7 and TR s used as Taxi s

• Like 1

Tool box

Thanx for that insight! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Though the MU-X gains 2nd and 3rd row seats that fold flat, what is lost, sadly, is the plush-like quality of the 2nd and 3rd row seats of the MU-7! There is always a trade-off and a price to be paid in this segment of the economy.

Your undying loyalty to Isuzu is commendable - even when faced with the fact that the MU-X lost the only two points of differentiation the previous model had (larger trunk and better 3rd row seats), and even though it's now a Brazilian designed Chevy with an 9 year old Isuzu engine it, you're still waving the flag just as proudly as ever biggrin.png

Finally, T/A and Fredob have some competition tongue.png

Will TR be making anything with the new model ?

So the rear storage space behind the 3rd row seats is less than the MU-7..... looks like 7 seater Taxis will have to look at something different, appear to be lots of MU-7 and TR s used as Taxi s

The rear storage space behind the 3rd row seats is less than the MU-7 .... not including the space of the 'storage box' itself.

What are 'TRs', 'T/A' and 'Fredob'? w00t.gif

T. A. is Transam. Our Tyre Gauge and V8 Drag Strip Man. Fredob is a regular contributor, but TR must be some old Triumph Sports Cars. TR 2 up to 7 i guess.thumbsup.gif

TR = Thairung

thairung.jpg

Edited by IMHO

T. A. is Transam. Our Tyre Gauge and V8 Drag Strip Man. Fredob is a regular contributor, but TR must be some old Triumph Sports Cars. TR 2 up to 7 i guess.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

TR = Thairung

thairung.jpg

Isuzu Sports car ? w00t.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

TR make there own body = Thai Rung

Got it all! thumbsup.gif

and regards to Triumph the top model sports car was the TR8 with factory fitted Buick/Rover 3.5 litre V8 power-plant. Built in UK, think from about 1997 -1981

​Australia I believe converted the TR7 themselves to a modified Buick/Rover 4.4 litre V8 power-plant.

Yeah, it also seems to be not too smooth riding on streets, which makes it a bad choice for urban warriors. I'll go look at it at the motor show, but will likely also wait to see the Everest, and maybe the Fortuner if not to far out.

The manufacturers, coupled with world fiscal and weather events have staggered and delayed their new model release dates to the extent that it's really hard for today's potential new car buyer to plan too far ahead. sad.png

Here some photo`s I made yesterday in Maha Sarakam.

attachicon.gif6.jpg

What is this large box in the trunk on the last picture? Looks weird.

http://www.headlightmag.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6799:Exclusive-First-Impression-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Isuzu-MU-X-3-0-VGS-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%81-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-Headlightmag&catid=75:midsize-suv&Itemid=94

First impression on headlight mag. Asked my gf to quickly read it, seems like the journalist liked it.

Few key points : Very comfortable seats. Firm but comfortable suspension (?). 2.5l motor option more than enough but 3l more fun to drive, also quieter. Better than the trailblazer or pajero on pretty much all accounts.

Thanx for this review, it was very informative! coffee1.gif I like the way the article compares various components of the MU-X to its Trailblazer, Fortuner and Pajero competitors.

The article states that MU-X will be the first new car model ever to be launched here in LOS! Bite that, competitors! bah.gif

That 'large box' in the rear is a storage box.

Upholstery color option will be offered in off-white.

It's rear ceiling mount DVD screen will be a whopping 10.5"!

Anybody know it they will be offering cruise control?

No bonnet air scoop WHY?!?

Still a good looking car tho... Are those HIDs? Look a bit yellow/halogen in the last pics

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why not indeed!

They could be saving it and cruise control to 'debut' on next year's model.

No idea about the HID.

Still a good looking car tho... Are those HIDs? Look a bit yellow/halogen in the last pics

Why not indeed!

No idea about the HID.

No Cruise control option? That is stupid beyond belief…. giggle.gif

Why not indeed!

No idea about the HID.

I expect we'll see cruise in the Plutonium series, or maybe the X-Series III, or whatever names they make up for the 30 minor changes this thing is gonna have.