Topping up other peoples mobile phones

Carlosm

I have a small snooker hall in the middle of nowhere. I used to have a lad work for me who used his laptop to top up mobile phones using a Thai website. He has left now but i still get loads of people coming in asking to top their phones up.

So, does anyone know the website used for doing this, if so could they post me the link to it please.... or, how to use my mobile phone to top up another mobile phone.

Any links or advise on this would be most appreciated as i'm not too savvy at this tongue.png

I do it at my banks website.

Same page as paying my bills.

For top up from phone (I use 12call)

Dial: *140*1*phone-number*amount#

Amount must be 20, 50 or 100 baht

Will that work if you're using 1*2*Call and you want to put some money in a DTAC phone account?

The top-up vending machines are OK if they are in relatively secure areas with unlimited foot traffic. It helps to off-load relatively tiny transactions.

They seem to get vandalized often, not so much to steal the money but because people get upset when they enter the wrong number, or otherwise feel as though they've been ripped-off.

Some shops maintain three separate phones to facilitate top-ups, by transferring 10 - 50 baht for a fee. There are a lot of web-sites but you'll have to pay the uplift, or pass it along - and they do have minimums. You could use your bank, but not sure if they will limit the size and volume of the transactions?

Is there anyway to figure out what website, and payment schemes, your lad was using? Maybe ask some Thai people to trawl the web for some possible sites?

Another ThaiVisa thread ( Using 3Rd Party Internet Services To Top Up Your Thai Cell Phone Number ) mentions a couple of web services, one of which I entered in a couple of cellies and it correctly identified all three networks correctly, so their service must be authorized to do number lookups. While limited to ฿100 for unregistered users, the site also mentioned allowing other denominations and 'discounts' to registered users.

Though I am surprised ALL the links from that thread were not redacted, just one from a newly minted poster.

I usually go directly to the Network Provider's website and look for a way to pay by credit card, otherwise I pop off to any one of a number of local Mae lae Pho and they either sell me a scratch-off, use one of four cheapie mobiles, or enter the number on some banking site. Then, of coarse, there's 7-11 with their multi-digit too-small-to-read USSD code on a paper receipt.

If you're interested, I could see what site the local Internet connected shop uses.

Why don't you just go to the local AIS and DTac stores and buy an amount of the scratchcards 50 and 100 baht if you buy in bulk ie over 500 bahts worth you get them cheaper plus your 5 baht or every one sold to the customers.

Otherwise you can go online and register at both and just send to the peoples phones when they purchase the amount.

Them coin operated machines are a nightmare always breaking down or eating money and not refunding...although you can get some companies to supply them and upkeep them for a small cut of the profits we sounds the best idea for you.