try again jet ski

davetrout

Instead of posting old videos from 2012 maybe time to post some new pics from this area? Yiu can use a zoom from distance to catch these guys. I have a 200x digital lens so might do it myself.

here are some from the other day

post-117580-0-27077800-1437999947_thumb.

post-117580-0-27828700-1437999982_thumb.

post-117580-0-61394700-1437999996_thumb.

the old guy in the shorts to the left was the one who got hit

post-117580-0-17301500-1438000046_thumb.

emergency paramedic bike

post-117580-0-94105600-1438000078_thumb.

ambulance picking up the guy with the strapped arm

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the story with the man with the strapped arm ?

tensions were running high and he took a whack from one of the younger ski guys. i was there when it happened but it was so fast i missed the blow. extremely rare it comes to actual violence rather than just threatened it's the first time in all the ones i've taken photos of.

an error by the ski guy that resulted in a huge turnout of officials

But I have not seen a lot of scam in front of Mikes, since last year- Maybe some new gang are starting up this again.

not seen them active for a while till today. 2 indians getting the treatment about 14 20 hrs just north of the mike shopping mall steps. 1 city hall guy observing the panto and another indian appearing as an "impartial helper" except i've seen him before and got a good look at him this time but too risky to take photos. next time i will nail him.

there used to be an older sikh guy who used to roll up but not seen him for months.

But I have not seen a lot of scam in front of Mikes, since last year- Maybe some new gang are starting up this again.

not seen them active for a while till today. 2 indians getting the treatment about 14 20 hrs just north of the mike shopping mall steps. 1 city hall guy observing the panto and another indian appearing as an "impartial helper" except i've seen him before and got a good look at him this time but too risky to take photos. next time i will nail him.

there used to be an older sikh guy who used to roll up but not seen him for months.

Any pictures you take send them to the mayor to remind him about the jetski scam

Edited by Rimmer

The son of the Chonburi Godfather can't stop the teenage punks on the beach?

Right.

First, he held emergency meeting at City Hall back in 2008.

A few years later in 2011 he went to the beach with a camera man and "personally warned the beach thugs."

Later he said the situation was "complicated" & some police couldn't be trusted.

Next he started deleting Facebook comments about the jet ski and blocking members.

Then he said they would all be registered, licensed and insured.......

Estimates are the Pattaya Jet Ski Scam generate 300,000Bt a day.

That's about 9,000,000Bt / month.

Thats one hellava lifestyle those barefoot teenage beach punks must be living....eh?

Edited by Jupiterjim

• 2 weeks later...

I was passing by the other day and took this pics from distance . 2 Chinese or maybe Korean tourists , one of them with no shirt, the other with glasses and red shirt, had to pay a sum of money for "damages" on the jetski. The other shirtless guy with tatoo is the one who was the most threatening. The incident happened between Royal Garden and Mikes.

As you can see from the images they were clearly upset about it but they decided to pay after some negotiations.

jetski.jpg
Image10.jpg
Image13.jpg
Image14.jpg
jetski.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

another bunch of indians were on the receiving end of the treatment today opposite the best friend bar complex.

going back through my pics i found 2 indian guys i spotted in june "helping " that i have again scoped in the last couple of days.

they are not helping they are there to convince the marks to settle at a slightly lower level but in reality they are getting a cut.

used to be an old sikh guy doing it but not seen him for sometime.

these new 2 are younger and most times wear jeans. 1 favours white shoes so is easy to spot.

162 and counting

another bunch of indians were on the receiving end of the treatment today opposite the best friend bar complex.

going back through my pics i found 2 indian guys i spotted in june "helping " that i have again scoped in the last couple of days.

they are not helping they are there to convince the marks to settle at a slightly lower level but in reality they are getting a cut.

these new 2 are younger and most times wear jeans. 1 favours white shoes so is easy to spot.

162 and counting

Would be nice of you to share the pics so we can watch them in action next time.

Try Jomtien instead, most of the jetski rentals there can be trusted. Just make sure to take a picture of the jetski before you rent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

. Kph Larn, I've never seen Scamming there, Anybody else???
. My Friend rented 2 jet skis there and had no issues. Haven't ever seen a problem there,

162 and counting

Would be nice of you to share the pics so we can watch them in action next time.

post-117580-0-30653300-1440782280_thumb.

khun white shoes

post-117580-0-85700000-1440782473_thumb.

khun blue shirt

u can tell they are not jet ski renters nobody does that in a pair of jeans.

Edited by striderman

Thanks for the pics. The jetski "mafia" guys doesnt look like the tatooed drugged guys I have seen there before. Maybe it's more civilized now but I wonder how much they paid . If I was there I would have tried talking to the tourists just to confirm what was going on.

lets make this very simple

rent a jet ski at pattaya beach and you will pay for any and all damages you did not cause.

can i be any clearer...if you rent a jet ski in pattaya beach be prepared to be scammed and robbed

now, do you understand.......if you do not want to pay for damages that did not occur...DO NOT RENT A JET SKI!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics. The jetski "mafia" guys doesnt look like the tatooed drugged guys I have seen there before. Maybe it's more civilized now but I wonder how much they paid . If I was there I would have tried talking to the tourists just to confirm what was going on.

you would only be able to talk to them once after that it would be too risky to re-visit the beach for your own safety.

it is also the reason that i know that the "helpful translators " are part of the scam there is no way it could be done more than one time unless they are in on the deal.

i have talked to falangs that are being scammed but mostly limited to when some of the group remain on the beach while 1 of the others goes alone to a cash machine/ex-booth.

but as soon as i have spoken to the mark and told him it's a daily scam i have to leave the area at once as i cannot risk him going back to his mates surrounded by the ski guys and saying "that hansum man over there says we are being cheated"