try again jet ski

davetrout

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This jet ski gang was so brazen, they chased their victims all the way into the Marriott Hotel lobby.post-188943-0-13518000-1383550387_thumb.

They hadn't counted on the manager demanding the police come and arrest them. Amazingly the police did arrest them.

Of course, never heard another thing about them.

Probably back on the beach.

This jet ski gang was so brazen, they chased their victims all the way into the Marriott Hotel lobby.attachicon.gifjet ski arrested.jpg

They hadn't counted on the manager demanding the police come and arrest them. Amazingly the police did arrest them.

yep, the two big guys are from mikes I think, one of them went berserk at me one day when I said hello to a girl that turned out to be his sister or gf or something, he raced round me 3 or 4 times on his motorbike on the path yelling at me and no doubt if I hadnt been with a few friends would have attacked me

i am the op. l did not know it was that bad thanks guys looks like we won't be renting jet ski. what a shame l really wanted to take my daughter for a ride she was looking forward to this f##k the mafia

maybe l just take family

"Go-cart scam on north end Beach Road, when will it end?" Now thats a topic that should get a coupla thousand comments, atleast.

• 2 months later...

last week the type 45 destroyer HMS Daring was in sattahip for a few days and some of the crew made it to pattaya.

i saw a group on beach rd but they nipped onto the beach before i realised they were British and the ski guys closed in.

it looked like they were indicating parachutes so i went on my walk.

but on return it was clear a ski scam was in play. out of the party of 10 engineers 3 did not hire and they walked on so i caught them up and we went to a bar for a beer so i could give them a heads up.

first off i asked how come you three did not rent one too ?

because just before they went on shore leave the Captain came over the tannoy with the message

"do not rent a motorcy, DO NOT RENT A JET SKI !"

Slowly some of the other 7 (1 got off 6 got hammered for cash ) began to trickle into the bar.

the three i met had each paid between 8,000 and 13,000 bht so at an average of say 10 x 6 it comes to 60,000 bht/£1,100 sterling. Ouch.

to cheer them up i took them to well known afternoon soi where being young and fitter than most they received a pop star like welcome.

one of the party before the hire took place had been trying to get the price down and had the hire fee reduced from 800 to 300..........ski guys reeling them in like a hungry fish.

that made 127 incidents i have noted.

Cambodia?

Here we go again. Another 1000 or so posts about jet ski.Maby it will take peoples facination about Beach road away for awhile.

Im pretty sure that those thousand posts or so have meant that very few english speaking people are falling for this scam now, you might not be aware of it or you may even be posting on the scammers behalf, but social media does have quite a political impact these days

Social media impact,garbage,get your head out of the sand.Why is it still going on then?

The scams are going strong in the usual locations. Daily in front of Mike Shopping. City Police there daily....Seen huge sums of money being paid by all kind of tourists. Amazing and disgusting! MS>

nothing has changed.

my photo scam total of incidents is now up to 115

Why?

davetrout, just to put closure to this thread. there are NO 'legitimate' jet ski operators in PATTAYA. At least, that is the line you should be taking.

If you ignore this advise, and choose to rent one - you are leaving yourself open for risk.

Think about it. If there WAS a legit jet ski operator, we would all be using them, they would be very rich with all our business, and the THAI scam operators would be pretty pissed off/if not out of business.

But the fact that NO ONE can ever vouch for a 100% legit jet ski operator, means you should heed the advice people are telling you.

Serious advice - DO NOT EVER RENT ANY JET SKI IN PATTAYA

I've rented jet skis a number of times on Tawaen Beach on Koh Larn. I would again if I felt the need to Jet Ski.

This jet ski gang was so brazen, they chased their victims all the way into the Marriott Hotel lobby.attachicon.gifjet ski arrested.jpg

There's nothing amazing about it. The police came to rescue them from a sticky situation as they'd gone a bit far.

It's not surprising these thugs are so confident going about these activities when they have the police to back them up.

Yup, the cops took their guys away from Marriott, and probably told them to take it a bit easy next time, chase the victims to get their money, but maybe not Marriott, H, and RC, cos it starts looking little bit bad.

Whats odd, the jet sky guys weren't given a ride back to beach, to their work place. For some strange reason they were taken to the station, and photographed, like some common criminals. Very odd!

If you DO find one, ask the renter for a shovel so that when you are trying to jet ski through the Pattaya Harbour sludge you might need to dig your way back to shore.

this photo was taken this morning

not quite the mess some folks believe it to be..........

post-81023-0-53397900-1389861284_thumb.j

If you DO find one, ask the renter for a shovel so that when you are trying to jet ski through the Pattaya Harbour sludge you might need to dig your way back to shore.

this photo was taken this morning

not quite the mess some folks believe it to be..........

That's amazing, you've managed to find the one bit of the beach where you can actually see some of the view not obscured by rows and rows of filthy umbrellas. Wouldn't it be nice if it looked like that all the way down. And not a jet ski scam in sight.

last week the type 45 destroyer HMS Daring was in sattahip for a few days and some of the crew made it to pattaya.

i saw a group on beach rd but they nipped onto the beach before i realised they were British and the ski guys closed in.

but on return it was clear a ski scam was in play. out of the party of 10 engineers 3 did not hire and they walked on so i caught them up and we went to a bar for a beer so i could give them a heads up.

because just before they went on shore leave the Captain came over the tannoy with the message

Slowly some of the other 7 (1 got off 6 got hammered for cash ) began to trickle into the bar.

the three i met had each paid between 8,000 and 13,000 bht so at an average of say 10 x 6 it comes to 60,000 bht/£1,100 sterling. Ouch.

to cheer them up i took them to well known afternoon soi where being young and fitter than most they received a pop star like welcome.

one of the party before the hire took place had been trying to get the price down and had the hire fee reduced from 800 to 300..........ski guys reeling them in like a hungry fish.

"HMS Daring"...pity the navy guys weren't daring enough to stand up for themselves...shameful

Edited by paddyjenkins

saw a genuine accident today, although no damage done. the first thing the Thia guy did when the renter got to shore was slap him on the face a few times, when the renters friend got to shore they intimidated him into paying for fake damage too even though he was no where near where the accident took place. as usual the fat policeman sat on his bike on the footpath waiting for his cut. I hope someone takes these guys out soon

Edited by phycokiller

saw a genuine accident today, although no damage done. the first thing the Thia guy did when the renter got to shore was slap him on the face a few times, when the renters friend got to shore they intimidated him into paying for fake damage too even though he was no where near where the accident took place. as usual the fat policeman sat on his bike on the footpath waiting for his cut. I hope someone takes these guys out soon

Disgusting and very violent <deleted>...Meth-Heads....Start to despise this place more and more....The behavior of people in traffic shows and says a lot about a country. The little <deleted> on their bikes will not even stop for a wheelchair halfway across the road....Disgusting MS>

• 1 month later...

"HMS Daring"...pity the navy guys weren't daring enough to stand up for themselves...shameful

i spoke to them about the possibility of things ending in a fight and they were very mindful that any incident may have lead to a ban by the navy of any ships enjoying shore leave in LOS, and of course right or wrong their ship would have got the blame.

Why these companies don't have insurances?

I think people would rent if they know they don't have to pay if they break the jet ski.

Or maybe insurance companies don't want to deal with these scammers?

So don't rent if they have no insurance.

they dont have insurance because every rented jetski sustains 30000b of damage each time its used, in other words to get insurance cover the insurance company will have to charge sometime like 50000b each time a jetski is rented, so it will cost a tourist over 50000b to rent one. not only will no one rent them at that cost but the scammers and the other people who we cant mention further up the chain will be out of pocket a couple of hundred thousand baht a day

If the Council bought, and set up their own legitimate "Jet Ski" hire business.....and banned any other rental operation from the Beach Roads (Pattaya & Jomtiem)

the "scam" problem would be ended....... and Thailand tourism could start to improve its' image.....

(if they have the backbone to do this)

and

It would be self financing (and hopefully very profitable)

Edited by DD13