Police urged to hunt down pick-up used in attack

Lite Beer

There is another report on this in the Bangkok Post, which sometimes has a tendency to be more accurate than The Nation, that states that witnesses identified a bronze Toyota car with the numbers 5272 but could not remember the accompanying letters. That could explain why there are several vehicles identified with that (partial) registration.

As far as this report is concerned then maybe Thailand isn't as stupid as the bashers would like it seen to be.

MODS BE AWARE...I thought it was against TVF rules to mention the OTHER newspaper, So that makes the basher of bashers stupid.

now now stop telling tales in school......or youl get a visit from the smack fairy....biggrin.png

Normally Never, only this guy has been nit picking posters, any critic is a basher in his eyes---so why not have a go back ??? maybe not try to be clever in future and post his views on the topic rather than the poster.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There is another report on this in the Bangkok Post, which sometimes has a tendency to be more accurate than The Nation, that states that witnesses identified a bronze Toyota car with the numbers 5272 but could not remember the accompanying letters. That could explain why there are several vehicles identified with that (partial) registration.

As far as this report is concerned then maybe Thailand isn't as stupid as the bashers would like it seen to be.

MODS BE AWARE...I thought it was against TVF rules to mention the OTHER newspaper, So that makes the basher of bashers stupid.

You can mention the Bangkok Post. You just can't link to it.

• Like 1

The english translation is wrong. From Thai news source is, from 31 cars, there are three cars' type and colour that matched with the eyewitness' statement, which all of them (31 cars) are from other provinces i.e. not a Bangkok license plate. The format of license numbers of Bangkok and provincial plate are different -- Bangkok's license plate starts with number and provincial one starts with Thai letter.

I was all ready to believe your knowledge of the translation of Thai newspapers until the last sentence. Eh?

2810807053_d6e5e85e4f_z.jpg

New licence plates all over the country start with a 1, and I think a few have come out with a 2. But Bangkok plates are only different in that they have 'Krungthep Mahanakorn' written on them.

The licence plate statement in the original text is worrying though, and hopefully lost in translation.

WB, thanks for sharing, as you said " you do not know why" Maybe someone in admin can explain, as we are only poster with membership and should not be given an explanation--I have only heard before the word policy---so in the past who is the one that has the dislike-BP or TVF,, and why ?? as a member I wish to know, and furthermore if it has been a long standing thing going on-why not talk ?? it would be beneficial to both to bury the hatchet---so if you wish to keep us in the dark--do not reply TVF.

I think you need to ask BP. It's BP that doesn't allow links.

It may have something to do with TVF's previous links with The Nation.

Besides that, this is OT for this thread. Take it to Forum Support to ask if you want.

It may be how the story has been worded but I'm not impressed with the idea that the National Police Chief has to ' urge ' his officers to do their job.

I wonder if he included the word ' please ' too ?

Not much could be expected in a country where one PM gets charged with murder, another does not step foot in the parliament and 3rd gets a new passport while being a convict on the run Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

It may be how the story has been worded but I'm not impressed with the idea that the National Police Chief has to ' urge ' his officers to do their job.

Not much could be expected in a country where one PM gets charged with murder, another does not step foot in the parliament and 3rd gets a new passport while being a convict on the run

Pretty hard to top all of that isn't it ?

Not much could be expected in a country where one PM gets charged with murder, another does not step foot in the parliament and 3rd gets a new passport while being a convict on the run

Pretty hard to top all of that isn't it ?

Still early days, let's wait and see :)