Mult-o visa based on marriage work/wp clarification

Hi There,

i am currently on a Multi O based on marriage doing the regular 90 day border thing out of Thailand then back in again followed by another 90 day stamp.

I have been offered employment and wish to have some clarification for;

Is working on this visa completely legal ?

Can a company issue a WP using the current Multi O visa based on marriage.?

Some time ago I have been on non imm b's with extensions but now find them quite constrictive such as say you are employed at a company for 1 year then the company does not want you after that year you only have 7 days to get a out of the country on to a new visa of sorts.

So may you work on Multi -O visa based on marriage and supplied a work permit via a company on this visa.

Just to truly clarify from other threads I have read.

Yours sincerely,

Saknat

Yes you can. Just be sure a copy of your marriage certificate goes in with the work permit application.

If you are making 40k baht or more you can use your income to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. Just show tax payments and work permit.

WP is issued by Labor Department but normally they will issue on non immigrant O visa/extensions for marriage. They will not normally issue on just a non immigrant O visa however as that could be for retirement so make sure they know of marriage aspect. Would be good to extend if you can do so.

You no longer get 7 days to depart (unless obtained through BOI one stop). End of work is end of extension for work and you must leave immediately unless you make application for extension.

Thank you very much Lopburi 3

Thank you very much for the quick response

I know most companies would want a non imm b as that usually is the norm

However i have now found that the Multi O is quite flexible.

Also thank you for the tip regarding marriage certificate wirh WP application

Just needed my sanity checked with this issue

cheers

saknat

The problem you can have is agents and lawyers that say it requires B visas because they make more money that way. Getting a B visa and an extension for working requires a lot more paperwork than you having a non-o or extension already that requires no additional paperwork.

• Like 1