I've Been Scammed

philipinphuket

I too would like to report that I have been scammed out of millions of baht - about 20 million I reckon at the last count !

I came to Thailand in 1996 and met a beautiful talented capable Thai lady - she conned me into falling in love with her and then has proceeded to extract money from me for the next 17 years !

She conned me into an engagement ring, a marriage visa to the UK where she conned me into a wedding ring and marriage !

After that she conned me into getting her Indefinite Right to Stay in the UK as well as visas to visit America, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Malta, Dubai and Egypt for all expenses paid holidays in 5* hotels and resorts.

As if this wasn't enough she conned me into seeding her brother's business and I paid her other brother to build a house here in Thailand.

Furthermore she conned me into a year's beauticians course and a stay in Bangkok and then into providing the start up capital for her own beauty parlour.

To add insult to injury she conned me into selling up in the UK and moving to Thailand where she keeps me prisoner in her luxurious palace which is the envy of all the neighbours !

In return for my board and lodgings I am obliged to pay all the bills electricity, gas, internet and CTH TV plus all the food to feed us, her ageing mother, anyone who happens to drop by and the lazy fat monk who stands out front with his bespoke vacuum flask and begging bowl every morning.

The final con trick she's trying to pull is not satisfied with the Honda 125 I bought her she now wants to upgrade to a Honda City car.

I'm thinking of taking the advice here from those that know better and reporting her to the Royal Thai Police.

She has to be one of the top scam artists in Thailand smile.png

Yeah, being married can be a bitch can't it!

I nearly forgot the Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Key West, Mexico, the Cayman islands and Jamaica ?

I've lost count of the my friend's got so I must have the "up to the minute" mobile phones and the two computers in recent years.

Did I mention the "I haven't got a thing to wear" shopping trips, the 50 pairs of shoes and all the anniversary presents !

The gold from the souk in Dubai and the Nile cruise, the black pearls from Florence and the Rado watch.

Not to mention all the household stuff like beds, fans, AC, TV sets, washing machines, kitchen equipment etc etc.

I didn't realise it before but I must be one of the biggest suckers on the planet !

Thanks OP for opening my eyes to this massive scam !

I'm calling the Royal Thai Police as soon as she goes to sleep and gets off the phone smile.png

I'm laughing but I'm the same, I just can't seem to say no to the Mrs.

• Like 1

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would like to report that I have been scammed out of millions of baht - about 20 million I reckon at the last count !

I came to Thailand in 1996 and met a beautiful talented capable Thai lady - she conned me into falling in love with her and then has proceeded to extract money from me for the next 17 years !

She conned me into an engagement ring, a marriage visa to the UK where she conned me into a wedding ring and marriage !

After that she conned me into getting her Indefinite Right to Stay in the UK as well as visas to visit America, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Malta, Dubai and Egypt for all expenses paid holidays in 5* hotels and resorts.

As if this wasn't enough she conned me into seeding her brother's business and I paid her other brother to build a house here in Thailand.

Furthermore she conned me into a year's beauticians course and a stay in Bangkok and then into providing the start up capital for her own beauty parlour.

To add insult to injury she conned me into selling up in the UK and moving to Thailand where she keeps me prisoner in her luxurious palace which is the envy of all the neighbours !

In return for my board and lodgings I am obliged to pay all the bills electricity, gas, internet and CTH TV plus all the food to feed us, her ageing mother, anyone who happens to drop by and the lazy fat monk who stands out front with his bespoke vacuum flask and begging bowl every morning.

The final con trick she's trying to pull is not satisfied with the Honda 125 I bought her she now wants to upgrade to a Honda City car.

I'm thinking of taking the advice here from those that know better and reporting her to the Royal Thai Police.

I nearly forgot the Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Key West, Mexico, the Cayman islands and Jamaica ?

I've lost count of the my friend's got so I must have the "up to the minute" mobile phones and the two computers in recent years.

Did I mention the "I haven't got a thing to wear" shopping trips, the 50 pairs of shoes and all the anniversary presents !

The gold from the souk in Dubai and the Nile cruise, the black pearls from Florence and the Rado watch.

Not to mention all the household stuff like beds, fans, AC, TV sets, washing machines, kitchen equipment etc etc.

I didn't realise it before but I must be one of the biggest suckers on the planet !

I'm calling the Royal Thai Police as soon as she goes to sleep and gets off the phone smile.png

Only 50 pairs of shoes? She's definitely low maintenance, you should count yourself very lucky! blink.png

• Like 1

The OP should thank his lucky stars his Thai girlfriend was a "No Show :)
Just take a look at some of the sorry tales here including my own.
TB5,800 is nothing compared to the millions me and others have been ripped off by these evil female scammers.
Is it any wonder that "balcony jumping" is Thailand's most popular late night activity for distraught farangs :)

• Like 1

When I put my profile on these dating web-sites, I always mention that I have little money, but a good heart.

Strangely enough, despite being a very hansum man, I have not had a single Thai woman show interest in me...

Simon

That is the proof that you are in reality not -so handsome- and possibly (to) old, look for only young girls in your profile, even I and I am not handsome (anymore),

dated and got LIKES on ThaiLoveLinks the dating site who advertises here. thumbsup.gif

Better next time, leave your photo away and try! rolleyes.gif

Or, as I saw it once on TLL, use a photo from Alain Delon in his best years. tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

The OP should thank his lucky stars his Thai girlfriend was a "No Show smile.png

Just take a look at some of the sorry tales here including my own.

TB5,800 is nothing compared to the millions me and others have been ripped off by these evil female scammers.

Is it any wonder that "balcony jumping" is Thailand's most popular late night activity for distraught farangs smile.png

cheesy.gif Cruel but so funny

• Like 1

I knew an English guy that used to pretend he was a Thai female in online chatrooms, used to send Photos etc, I don't know how much he/she used to get out of the desperate, but he reckoned it kept him in beer, and he was a right pisshead.

Edited by 10Yen
  • Like 2

I thought the story was quite funny.

Very classic

I'm sure eventually the OP will eventually see the funny side and have a yarn to tell in the bar. Suffering from dented pride at the moment I imagine.

As for the internet dating...perilous. Read a few of the scammer websites where hundreds of these stories are posted.

Maybe it was already said...why didn't he "go" to her? Then if the woman is worth all that trouble then he is right there to take her back. And along the way he gets to see new territory.

Because,

possibly she had excuses to do so, "she" wanted to see new places and "she" wanted not present every week a new Falang in her surroundings and ect.whistling.gif

When I put my profile on these dating web-sites, I always mention that I have little money, but a good heart.

Strangely enough, despite being a very hansum man, I have not had a single Thai woman show interest in me...

Simon

I don't mention little money ... but I do state that I work as a teacher here. Which equates to the same thing. And I'm fighting them off with a stick! Must be the luck of the moment.

How many of these made up stories have you posted this week? Wish they were a bit more creative and entertaining, coz I like fiction.

You think your reply is funny. Think again you halfwit, take your anger out somewhere else.

This could be a Farang using his Thai girlfriends photos or perhaps he is tutoring her. I met a Farang once who had his girlfriend, her auntie and best friend up on a dating site and he was writing all the letters. Sometimes we have to use our big head for thinking not the little bald one to realize when somethings too good to be true. Sorry you were scammed my advise is do as aussieinthailand suggested at least it might give you some peace of mind.

OP joined TV in 2010 so even a few years of lurking should of given him a clue by now.

However, I can feel for the guy. Living on the game starts to lose its luster after a while. You know the Pattaya/Phuket desperately seeking ads, "Looking for a good woman, no bar or massage girls please".

OP: If the woman is for real, and looking for a ticket out Nakhon Nowhere, she WILL find the train/bus/ferry money from her family or at worse, the village loan shark. She might be poor but not stupid. The potential ROI on a couple thousand baht up front, is a no brainer.

If she turns out to be on the level, any "good" guy such as yourself, would happily repay it for her. Know what you are in for, in particular the frequent maintenance tail of mom, dad, kids, or a husband or ex-husband in the background.

Then again, the word is getting around about reverse farang-thai scams, so even a "good" girl takes a risk at hooking up with an on-line farang who wants a low cost shag for as long as he can string her out, then dump her at the bus station. Too many of those though, I would be watching over my shoulder, avoid dark alleys and 5th floor balconies with loose railings in Pattaya.

Thai Love sites ... (thaifriendly, thailovelinks etc ...):

50% Bargirls trying their luck online on the side ("Have you seen my breasts yet?')

20% Ladyboys

10% Beyond their due date women of over 55.

10% Nigerians

9% girls living abroad

1% ..... Fill in the blanks.

Thai Love sites ... (thaifriendly, thailovelinks etc ...):

50% Bargirls trying their luck online on the side ("Have you seen my breasts yet?')

20% Ladyboys

10% Beyond their due date women of over 55.

10% Nigerians

9% girls living abroad

1% ..... Fill in the blanks.

Not in my experience. Plenty of regular girls on there that don't ask for money.

The ones that do will typically tell you before they waste the time meeting in person.

Hi, be glad, that you can learn in time.

I have had, so I believed, a real, very deep relationship with a ladyboy named Silyakron Bootjan, so called Pimmy.

I loved her really very deep and I was fascinated of all, also of her very beautiful body, lovely behaviour at the first time. After she excused all with tears, but in time fewer and fewer.

We have known three years, living together one year in BKK and during some travels.

I paid three years all, Condo, iPhones , PC, food, hospital and surgery for breasts and transgender operations a.s.o..

In summary 1.600.000 THB.

In January I bought her a nail shop. Now 23.000 € are lost.

One and a half month ago from to now, she offered me, she has only used me, lied me from the beginning of our relationship. I must stop the further payment.

Now she should work finely, make money by herself, I said to her. But what she has done?

It's so easy to get money from western people, she said to me.

All the time she was looking in Internet to catch men. Went, at the time we are living already together in condo, to Japan with an Australia men for 1000 €, all inclusive for 10 days or shorter, if she likes no more to be together with him.

Got iPhone 5 s, new Mac PC to birthday, I have seen later in Internet. Now, I have no contact more.

Must forget all. It's not easy for me at all.

Learning program for all.

Normally she must go in jail for all she has done or has done maybe. It's difficult to say it here, to let the police believing in.

I have not payed in my bank account for some very heavy criminal acts of money transfers with two credit cards. I was fighting for several weeks with this. At that time, I couldn't believe she could be involved. Today, for me it is very possible, but I have only indices.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can't tell if serious or trolling...... Damn you!

Have I given a Thai woman money when she begged, pleaded and cajoled me ? Yes - face to face, those big eyes looking up at me, that mouth puting, her cleavage heaving, er, where was I ?

Have I given an individual I know only from a few photos and a couple of emails money ? No freaking way

The reason the OP has copped flak here is NOT that he has been duped by a Thai woman - it's that he can't even confirm that it WAS a woman, much less a Thai woman. Unlike many on this board, I have no problem paying women for sex (shoot me) - I do have a problem paying a woman I've never even met, much less had sex with. I get that the OP is obviously a lonely guy, but his current locale is so devoid of 'suitable' women, I strongly suggest he looks at moving elsewhere. I accept that some want more than sex and a drinking buddy - I just question whether the Internet is the place to find Ms Right.

This is Internet 101, a good 10-15 years past the point where most of us realised the Net was a minefield. I hope the OP has learnt from this, and works on the assumption that everyone in cyberspace, including me, is out to get him. A little paranoia goes a long way ;)

Hi, be glad, that you can learn in time.

I have had, so I believed, a real, very deep relationship with a ladyboy named , so called Pimmy.

Repeat that a little slower please?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for sharing your experience OP. Although there are lots of scammers on line, there are also some legitimate ladies looking for Mr. right. I know some. I also know a Thai lady that was scammed by a farang so it isn't just the Thais that can be scammers. I was lucky; I met my wife face to face, she was working in a coffee shop in a hotel I was staying and we got to know each other slowly, over time and many visits to the coffee shop. IMO that is the best way to meet your mate in Thailand. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Thank you witawat, no fiction and this my first ever post on thaivisa

Who wrote the other 19 posts?

Another one with difficulties in logical thinking, when we get three we send you to Internet evening school.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

How do you know this was a Thai female? Maybe it was a 50 year old farang playing you...now here is a thought to make pocket money...

OK, it was me. the money is now in a secret Swiss bank account. Gosh, and they say life finishes at 50. I'm having the time of my life!!!

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

But she still ..k. you silly, doesn't she? Otherwise you wouldn't be here spewing that half-bitter, half-trite "humor", hopefully.

Stingy old bugger....forget the Honda and buy the good woman the Audi she deserves. Too many cheapskates on here.

• Like 1

A permanent woman for life, not a bar girl

There are plenty of good women thaat worked in bars, funny, I have never been ripped off by a bargirl, at least with a bargirl you can talk to them, study them, find out if she is the one - what made you think for one minute some chick that posts on the Internet she is looking for a man was telling the truth...........you need to get out more like another posted recommends, learn to speak Thai, get a life.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Simon

That is the proof that you are in reality not -so handsome- and possibly (to) old, look for only young girls in your profile, even I and I am not handsome (anymore),

dated and got LIKES on ThaiLoveLinks the dating site who advertises here. thumbsup.gif

Better next time, leave your photo away and try! rolleyes.gif

Or, as I saw it once on TLL, use a photo from Alain Delon in his best years. tongue.png

Walk into a Bar, slap a thoiusand baht note on your forhead and you will be the most handsome man thewre - for a little while anyway.......

• Like 2