So how many of you act like you actually own thailand?

snake24

I can safely say that most of you aren't thai but were born in a foreign country and most likely residing mid to long term in thailand probably married or in some sort of relationship to some thai female.

Well suffice to say you aren't actually a citizen of thailand so don't you just find it funny that you would make comments when the thai govt makes rules like say the visa thing with china and then you are somehow offended by it when you're not even a thai citizen. Would you stay in someone else's house and then try to teach him how to mow his lawn, arrange his furniture?

• Like 2

If you don't like it go home, you mean ????

I don't really mean posts of that nature cos anyone can say that. Like i'm not in brazil but let's say i speak to a friend who is in brazil and he tells me how it sucks over there i could tell him to just simply go home and i wouldn't be wrong nor would it appear that i'm acting like i'm a citizen of brazil.

This came to mind when thailand announced some sort of visa less restriction to china citizens and also the attraction of a few million high caliber chinese citizens and some of these TV posters were going on how thailand shouldn't do that and so on when they themselves are foreigners so it's really so odd for them to have such an opinion because it's just like the analogy i gave of a guest in someone's house telling the owner how he shouldn't invite someone else over or how he should arrange his furniture etc.

If you don't like it go home, you mean ????

I don't really mean posts of that nature cos anyone can say that. Like i'm not in brazil but let's say i speak to a friend who is in brazil and he tells me how it sucks over there i could tell him to just simply go home and i wouldn't be wrong nor would it appear that i'm acting like i'm a citizen of brazil.

This came to mind when thailand announced some sort of visa less restriction to china citizens and also the attraction of a few million high caliber chinese citizens and some of these TV posters were going on how thailand shouldn't do that and so on when they themselves are foreigners so it's really so odd for them to have such an opinion because it's just like the analogy i gave of a guest in someone's house telling the owner how he shouldn't invite someone else over or how he should arrange his furniture etc.

perhaps they were not telling the homeowner how to arrange anything. perhaps they were expressing their opinion of the homeowners actions to fellow guests.

"I can safely say that most of you aren't thai but were born in a foreign country and most likely residing mid to long term in thailand probably married or in some sort of relationship to some thai female.

Well suffice to say you aren't actually a citizen of thailand so don't you just find it funny that you would make comments when the thai govt makes rules like say the visa thing with china and then you are somehow offended by it when you're not even a thai citizen. Would you stay in someone else's house and then try to teach him how to mow his lawn, arrange his furniture?"

There are also female farangs in Thailand who might not have relationship with Thai females.

I have also strong opinions and comments about US politics, about Russian politics about German politics, not only about Thai politics.

That someone makes comments mean that they care about Thailand. So it is a good thing.

There is also another side to the coin...

If I really didn't care, I wouldn't have an opinion... However, the fact is I do care, thus I have an opinion.

This is a good forum on which to express those opinions, 'dip the preverbal toe in the water' and have your opinion gauged by others and while we're at it gauge the opinions of others.

I also share my opinions with Thai's friends... As we are not Thai Citizens we can't vote. However, that doesn't mean we have also lost our rights to opinions on Thailand.. Much in the same way, I have an opinion on other nations and their people. Much like anyone else we all have our rights to an opinion, and much like anyone else we all have our rights to express those opinions.

Regarding the Visa regulations: They are already soft enough on Foreigners in Thailand - so I wouldn't get offended by it. And if certain folk are unhappy with the regulations they are free to voice their issues. I see nothing wrong with this.

Lets take this a step up: IF Thailand were to commit terrible atrocities against humanity, because we are not Thai would we have the right to protest this ?... my point here is that being Thai does not give people in Thailand the sole right to an expressed opinion.

I agree on many of your points, everyone has a right to an opinion of any issue that affects them and their families.There is a fine line of expressing an opinion, and that of blaming all Thai's for their problems.

I personally do not like Thaskin S, matter of fact I have a great dislike for that person, many in the village and in my wife's family like him and his political machine, I personally have never expressed to anyone except my wife of my great dislike for him. I being a non-Thai and a guest in the Country do not feel I have a right to attempt to have citizens of Thailand look at him from my point of view.

As many TV posters dig in and fight for the right of their opinion, which sometime indicate they have a very fine line to cross on between sanity and suffering from mental illness.

I because I love life in Thailand, live with and respect Thai people have been attacked because "I also have a right to express my opinion" As I will continue to do so as their negativity will some day be understood by the Thai population of how many farang have abused the goodwill of the Thai Government and people,.

This is a public forum, and is open to the public Thai's included" I know a lot of the younger members of our family and that own computers also read the post on this forum and eventually those negative people will turn Thai's away from accepting Farangs to freely migrate to their country!

And because that negativity effects how Thai's may look at me for those negative people's words and actions.

The OP is right the Expat population, has no right to complain about relaxing visa restrictions between China and Thailand, China figures prominently in the future economic growth in Thailand. As China is one of the fastest growing economy in the World predicted in the future to over take the U.S. for that title.

Cheers:

Edited by kikoman

Yeah there's nothing wrong with his OP but this bloke always has to include references to most of us TV members being with Thai females, which in fact has got nothing to do with what he is saying. I think he is a jealous person with a chip on his shoulder about his pathetic existence

I can safely say that most of you aren't thai but were born in a foreign country and most likely residing mid to long term in thailand probably married or in some sort of relationship to some thai female.

Well suffice to say you aren't actually a citizen of thailand so don't you just find it funny that you would make comments when the thai govt makes rules like say the visa thing with china and then you are somehow offended by it when you're not even a thai citizen. Would you stay in someone else's house and then try to teach him how to mow his lawn, arrange his furniture?

Having an opinion and sharing it among other expats isn't exactly teaching or imposing anything on the Thais...

And even people who do reckon they have no say can have and share an opinion.

If I really didn't care, I wouldn't have an opinion... However, the fact is I do care, thus I have an opinion.

This is a good forum on which to express those opinions, 'dip the preverbal toe in the water' and have your opinion gauged by others and while we're at it gauge the opinions of others.

I also share my opinions with Thai's friends... As we are not Thai Citizens we can't vote. However, that doesn't mean we have also lost our rights to opinions on Thailand.. Much in the same way, I have an opinion on other nations and their people. Much like anyone else we all have our rights to an opinion, and much like anyone else we all have our rights to express those opinions.

Regarding the Visa regulations: They are already soft enough on Foreigners in Thailand - so I wouldn't get offended by it. And if certain folk are unhappy with the regulations they are free to voice their issues. I see nothing wrong with this.

Lets take this a step up: IF Thailand were to commit terrible atrocities against humanity, because we are not Thai would we have the right to protest this ?... my point here is that being Thai does not give people in Thailand the sole right to an expressed opinion.

...As China is one of the fastest growing economy in the World predicted in the future to over take the U.S. for that title.

Cheers:

I'm from the USA and wish the best of luck to China. I hope they also inherit the mantel of Policeman to the World and all that goes with it.

Peace All.

• Like 1

Its alright. People don't say those things because they truly care. They just say it because they have nothing else to do.

I can't speak for all people since I'm still trying to meet them, but I agree with you that there are some lonely and bored life forms that relish pouring gasoline on a smoldering fire.

"Well suffice to say you aren't actually a citizen of thailand so don't you just find it funny that you would make comments when the thai govt makes rules like say the visa thing with china and then you are somehow offended by it when you're not even a thai citizen. Would you stay in someone else's house and then try to teach him how to mow his lawn, arrange his furniture?"

If I were paying them rent, most definitely.

Added to that, in any other country someone with a local wife and children would almost certainly become a citizen by default.

It is only Thailand (and a few other places) that are so messed up they don't allow spouses and parents of citizens to become citizens.

And lets not have the apologists saying yes you can, most of us are rich enough to never work, but not multi-millionaires that can use the back doors.

...As China is one of the fastest growing economy in the World predicted in the future to over take the U.S. for that title.

Cheers:

I'm from the USA and wish the best of luck to China. I hope they also inherit the mantel of Policeman to the World and all that goes with it.

Peace All.

china wont need to become a policeman in order to steal natural resources like america did, they can afford to buy them at market prices like any civilized society shud do.

just like the analogy i gave of a guest in someone's house telling the owner how he shouldn't invite someone else over or how he should arrange his furniture etc.

If I were already renting the house, and the owner invited someone else to live there too, I would be royally pissed off.

OK, so you're a bludger that contributes nothing, but most of us aren't living here like that.

china wont need to become a policeman in order to steal natural resources like america did, they can afford to buy them at market prices like any civilized society shud do.

Did China buy Tibet?

I thought they just moved in and shot anyone who complained, is that really civilized?

They didn't buy that little bit of India, or all those islands in other countries territory either!

http://www.stripes.com/china-s-aggressive-tactics-turning-off-asian-neighbors-1.226581

Edited by FiftyTwo

just like the analogy i gave of a guest in someone's house telling the owner how he shouldn't invite someone else over or how he should arrange his furniture etc.

If I were already renting the house, and the owner invited someone else to live there too, I would be royally pissed off.

OK, so you're a bludger that contributes nothing, but most of us aren't living here like that.

youre renting a room, not a house

• Like 1

You might be renting a room, I can afford the house and garden.

Just had a new lawn put in, and I'm cutting it the way I want.

Edited by FiftyTwo

just a minute ago you said you were renting. make up your mind. and one house is not the whole country. youre not that special that others cant come here too

• Like 1

just a minute ago you said you were renting. make up your mind. and one house is not the whole country. youre not that special that others cant come here too

They can come here, but not in my house, or my lawn either.

PS. I AM that special (not to mention very hansum).

Edited by FiftyTwo

why would they want to come to your house?

why would they want to come to your house?

Ask the OP, he's the one telling me I can't cut my lawn the way I want, or rearrange my furniture.

Anyway, give it up, you've lost this one, most of us pay to be here, many of us have a wife and children here, we aren't guests.

Only complete apologists ever make the bogus guest argument.

Guests stay free.

Guests don't have to report to the police every 90 days.

Guests don't have paid sex with the home owners daughters, and in some cases knock them up.

Edited by FiftyTwo

If you were a paying oap group guest in a 4 star hotel on a year deal and you heard that the plan was for it to take in biker gangs on long term contracts at huge discount mightn't you think the management had lost their mind?

• Like 1

Having an opinion and sharing it among other expats isn't exactly teaching or imposing anything on the Thais...

And even people who do reckon they have no say can have and share an opinion.

I think the op knows that plenty of the points raised in discussion are valid.