Thaksin in Oslo as Bangkok erupts over amnesty bill

webfact

Thaksin in Oslo as Bangkok erupts over amnesty bill
BY THANA POOPAT

thaksinorway1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra visited the Thai community in Norway on November 2-3, 2013. He was greeted by his Thai supporters that came to see him when he visited a gathering to honour him in Oslo on Saturday, and at Thai temple in Frogner, where he presided over a merit-making ceremony on Sunday.

In photo, Thaksin was mobbed by a group of Norwegian youths who took selfie snapshots with him after being told he was a former prime minister of Thailand.

According to news reports in Thailand, Thaksin was said to have left Norway for Sweden on Monday.

Source: Youtube video footage uploaded by Helge Heyerdahl

Source: http://scandasia.com/thaksin-oslo-bangkok-erupts-amnesty-bill/

-- ScandAsia 2013-11-04

the author of this video asked Thaivisa to post a comment

Comment about Thaksin video from author

Please post in the thread that the teenagers actually were there at the Grand Hotel in Oslo to try to find a 12 year old male popstar - can't recall his name. When they saw me with the camera, they asked me if I was there to do a report on the 12 year old boy. I said I was there to meet Thaksin, cos I was invited to the gathering he was on his way to, but I wanted some shots of him from the hotel too. Well, I explained to the girls that I was there to meet Thailands former PM, and two of them said "Wow, we have been to Thailand. We can even say sawadee ka and kap khun ka". So thats what happened. They were there, Thaksin was there, and when he came I pointed him out for them, and they took some photos that they wanted themselves.

Thaksin then drove off in a Porche to the gathering at Sørum just outside Oslo. And there he was meet by 150 supporters, the limit was set to 150 and there were a lot of people who didnt get a ticket to the gathering.

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This creepy person is living the high life with the money of hard working Thai tax payers thumbsup.gif .

Hard working Thai taxpayers??? You won't be slagging the bloke off when he gets back though will you.

You won't be slagging the bloke off when he gets back though will you.

Of course not

Edited by Nickymaster

Thaksin was mobbed by a group of Norwegian youths who took selfie snapshots with him after being told he was a former prime minister of Thailand.

They didn't know him?

VIP hahahaha -- they had to be told who he was - that must have really boosted his ego way out of all proportions.

• Like 2

This creepy person is living the high life with the money of hard working Thai tax payers thumbsup.gif .

Hard working Thai taxpayers??? You won't be slagging the bloke off when he gets back though will you.

IF he gets back.

Why wouldn't the slagging off continue? Is there something we should be worried about?

Maybe you should learn something about the defamation laws here!

IF he gets back.

Why wouldn't the slagging off continue? Is there something we should be worried about?

Maybe you should learn something about the defamation laws here!

Should I be worried now? Or will Thaksin change the laws or go after people on forums IF he comes back?

• Like 1

Thaksin was mobbed by a group of Norwegian youths who took selfie snapshots with him after being told he was a former prime minister of Thailand.

They didn't know him?

VIP hahahaha -- they had to be told who he was - that must have really boosted his ego way out of all proportions.

Having had to be told who he is were they also told the rest of the story such as convicted felon and a fugitive from Thai justice etc ?