Reloading Contacts To Ms Outlook

billd766

A couple of days ago I had to reload Windows XP and when Outlook came back I had a couple of problems.

I had archived all my emails to my hard drive and imported them back but when I tried to import contact .pst file I couldn't get it back into the Contacts.

Does anybody have an idea how I can do it?

I also lost 7 weeks of emails.

Cheers

A couple of days ago I had to reload Windows XP and when Outlook came back I had a couple of problems.

I had archived all my emails to my hard drive and imported them back but when I tried to import contact .pst file I couldn't get it back into the Contacts.

Cheers

Hi there,

Do the following : File>Open>Outlook Data file (you will have to locate your Pst File that you archived and open it ) . You should find in the All Mail Folders a new Folder named : Archive Folders

thats where your emails are now....

hope that helps

rcm :o

Cheers

Hi there,

Do the following : File>Open>Outlook Data file (you will have to locate your Pst File that you archived and open it ) . You should find in the All Mail Folders a new Folder named : Archive Folders

thats where your emails are now....

hope that helps

rcm :o

I actually archived it off Outlook and onto my hard drive where the emails were.

The emails came up OK but when I went for the contacts it is looking for only a couple of folders.

When I try to load it to Archive files it tells me that I cannot copy to the same folder.

Give this a go.

Also, check this page.

Specifically:

1. On the File menu, click Import and Export.

2. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.

3. Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.

4. In the File to import box, specify the path and file name of the .pst file you want to import.

5. Click one of the following:

Replace duplicates with items imported Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file that is being imported.

Allow duplicates to be created Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the current Outlook folder.

Do not import duplicate items Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the file will not be copied to the current Outlook folder.

6. Follow the remaining instructions in the Import and Export Wizard.

Let us know how it goes.