Is there a western trained psychologist or psychiatrist in CM?

Saan

I recommend Dr Suttipan.

He was full time at the Ram, now works there only part time sorry not sure of times.

I know him quite well on a friendly basis and we chat about psychology…..have even consulted once about my own panic disorder…….and as the mind is my interest too and I regularly discuss philosophy and psychology with two ex-senior clinical psychologists (sorry, live here but not working) I can assure you Suttipan is the sort of guy to see.

He can prescribe but will not dispense meds willy nilly in fact the first action i saw him take with an acquaintance in trouble was to remove him from meds with excellent effect.

Any problem let me know my wife works there and can get more detail even make an appointment (which with him you will need).

Good luck.

ps: If you would wish to detail your friend's problem a little one may be able to point out useful information and hone the recommendation.

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Just a small reply: We will arrive in CM in january. My wife is a fully trained dutch psychologist. When there is still an urgent need for one, may be she can help/advise.

That could be a great help. My friend is Dutch and to be able to talk with a trained person in his own language could possibly be the best outcome for him. Perhaps you could PM me when you have contact details in Chiang Mai. You have given me great hope. Thank you.